Ancient riddles have been a popular form of entertainment and intellectual challenge for centuries. These enigmatic puzzles, often featuring wordplay and clever turns of phrase, have been found in ancient cultures all over the world, from the Greeks and Romans to the Chinese and Egyptians. Many of these ancient riddles have been passed down through the ages, remaining just as challenging and perplexing as when they were first written. Whether you are a fan of brain teasers or simply enjoy the thrill of solving a good mystery, ancient riddles are sure to provide endless entertainment and mental exercise.
Ancient Riddles With Answers For Kids
1. Who built and lived in Teotihuacan, the most impressive pre-Columbian Mesoamerican city? Answer: The Mayans
2. Thirty white horses on a red hill: first they champ, then they stamp, then they stand still. What are they? Answer: Teeth
3. I’m named after a Roman God, I’m the fourth planet from the Sun, I am known as the red planet, and have two moons rather than one. Answer: Mars
4. I was once a beautiful girl. I made the mistake of angering Athena and now I am an ugly monster. Who am I? Answer: Medusa
5. I have the atomic symbol Hg but I’m not hydrogen. I’m a metal but I’m not gold. I’m a liquid but I’m not solder. I’m a Roman god but I’m not Apollo. I’m a planet but I’m not Mars. Answer: Mercury
6. I carry the world on my shoulders after trying to overthrow the mighty, powerful Zeus. Who am I? Answer: Atlas
7. I am very curious. Zeus created me and gave me something very special to guard. But my curiosity got the best of me. Who am I? Answer: Pandora
8. I am the goddess of the seasons and harvest. I turned the world into winter when my daughter was kidnapped. Who am I? Answer: Answer
9. I am powerful but I am afraid my children will grow up and overthrow me. My son is Zeus and my wife tricked me into saving his life. Who am I? Answer: Cronos
10. I am clever and brave. Some call me “nobody” and my son searched for me for many years. Who am? Answer: Odysseus
11. I am an immortal warrior. I am handsome but I have one small weakness. I fought many years in the Trojan War. Who am I? Answer: Achilles
12. I am a magical creature with the power of flight. I was wild and free for many years until Zeus brought me to the heavens. Who am I? Answer: Pegasus
13. How many of each species did Moses take on the ark with him? Answer: None. Moses wasn’t on the ark, Noah was.
Tricky Ancient Riddles And Answers
14. Four hang, four sprang, two-point the way, two to ward off dogs, one dangles after, always rather dirty. What is it? Answer: Cow
15. A man kisses his daughter, then regrets it. Answer: The man is King Midas.
16. I am the god of commerce, the Protector of thieves, I am the messenger of the gods. Who am I? Answer: Hermes
17. I am a patron of truth, God of the sun, and Messenger of the gods. Who am I? Answer: Apollo
18. I gave horses to men, I control earthquakes, and I am the god of the sea. Who am I? Answer: Poseidon
19. I knew that disease came from natural causes, I am the “Father of Scientific Medicine, I created the Hippocratic Oath. Who am I? Answer: Hippocrates
20. I protect worshipers, I am a patron of crafts, and I am the goddess of wisdom. Who am I? Answer: Athena
21. They are not wounded, but are covered and dressed in rolls and rolls of bandages. They are not alive but can cast magic spells and bring you bad luck. What are they? Answer: Mummy
22. What goes on four legs in the morning, two legs at noon, and three in the evening? Answer: Human
23. Which Egyptian God is terrible at video games? Answer: Anubis. (ANOOBis)
24. Why can’t King Tut dance? Answer: He’s all wrapped up!
25. Why don’t the ancient Egyptians take vacations? Answer: The mummies are afraid to relax and unwind!
26. Why was the Egyptian kid confused? Answer: Because his daddy was a mummy!
(Image Source: freepik.com)