Find here the inspirational quotes said by Andrew Carnegie who was a self-made steel tycoon and one of the richest Americans of his era.
Who is Andrew Carnegie?
Andrew Carnegie was a self-made steel tycoon and one of the wealthiest businessmen of the 19th century. He later dedicated his life to philanthropic endeavors.
He was an industrialist best known for leading the expansion of the American steel industry in the late 19th century and became one of the richest Americans in history.
Andrew Carnegie was also one of the most important philanthropists of his era, establishing several trusts, including the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, and the Carnegie Institution of Washington. He became a leading philanthropist in the United States and in the British Empire.
During the last 18 years of his life, he gave away around $350 million (roughly $5.2 billion in 2020), almost 90 percent of his fortune, to charities, foundations, and universities.
His 1889 article proclaiming “The Gospel of Wealth” called on the rich to use their wealth to improve society, expressed support for progressive taxation and an estate tax and stimulated a wave of philanthropy.
Andrew Carnegie Inspiring Quotes
Find here Inspirational thoughts and quotes by Andrew Carnegie that will inspire you to aim higher in your life. In these quotes, you will get to learn how to achieve goals in your life, how to be happy in your life, how to make your life a meaningful life.
1. “Aim for the highest.” ― Andrew Carnegie
2. “Concentration is my motto – first honesty, then industry, then concentration.” ― Andrew Carnegie
3. “Immense power is acquired by assuring yourself in your secret reveries that you were born to control affairs.” ― Andrew Carnegie
4. “People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents.” ― Andrew Carnegie
5. “A man who acquires the ability to take full possession of his own mind may take possession of anything else to which he is justly entitled.” ― Andrew Carnegie
6. “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes.” ― Andrew Carnegie
7. “There is little success where there is little laughter.” ― Andrew Carnegie
8. “All human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes.” ― Andrew Carnegie
9. “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” ― Andrew Carnegie
10. “TEAMWORK: the fuel that allows common people attain uncommon results.” ― Andrew Carnegie
Empowering Andrew Carnegie Quotes
11. “Think of yourself as on the threshold of unparalleled success. A whole, clear, glorious life lies before you. Achieve! Achieve!” ― Andrew Carnegie
12. “There is no class so pitiably wretched as that which possesses money and nothing else.” ― Andrew Carnegie
13. “I don’t believe in God. My God is patriotism. Teach a man to be a good citizen and you have solved the problem of life.” ― Andrew Carnegie
14. “Do your duty and a little more and the future will take care of itself.” ― Andrew Carnegie
15. “Do not look for approval except for the consciousness of doing your best.” ― Andrew Carnegie
16. “It marks a big step in your development when you come to realize that other people can help you do a better job than you could do alone.” ― Andrew Carnegie
17. “Men are developed the same way gold is mined. When gold is mined, several tons of dirt must be moved to get an ounce of gold; but one doesn’t go into the mine looking for dirt—one goes in looking for the gold.” ― Andrew Carnegie
18. “Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.” ― Andrew Carnegie
19. “You cannot push anyone up a ladder unless he is willing to climb a little.” ― Andrew Carnegie
20. “Do real and permanent good in this world.” ― Andrew Carnegie
21. “Wealth is not to feed our egos, but to feed the hungry and to help people help themselves.” ― Andrew Carnegie
22. “Here lies one who knew how to get around him men who were cleverer than himself.” ― Andrew Carnegie
Best Motivational Quotes by Andrew Carnegie
23. “No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or to get all the credit for doing it.” ― Andrew Carnegie
24. “A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind, like the body, can be moved from the shade into sunshine.” ― Andrew Carnegie
25. “Not only had I got rid of the theology and the supernatural, but I had found the truth of evolution.” ― Andrew Carnegie
26. “A library outranks any other one thing a community can do to benefit its people. It is a never-failing spring in the desert.” ― Andrew Carnegie
27. “There is not such a cradle of democracy upon the earth as the Free Public Library, this republic of letters, where neither rank, office, nor wealth receives the slightest consideration.” ― Andrew Carnegie
28. “Libraries are reservoirs of strength, grace, and wit, reminders of order, calm and continuity, lakes of mental energy, neither warm nor cold, light nor dark… In any library in the world, I am at home, unselfconscious, still, and absorbed.” ― Andrew Carnegie
29. “Put all your eggs in one basket and then watch that basket.” ― Andrew Carnegie
30. “When fate hands us a lemon, let’s try to make lemonade.” ― Andrew Carnegie
31. “As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.” ― Andrew Carnegie
32. “East or West Home is best.” ― Andrew Carnegie
33. “All honor’s wounds are self-inflicted.” ― Andrew Carnegie
34. “No man becomes rich unless he enriches others.” ― Andrew Carnegie
35. “The man who dies rich dies disgraced.” ― Andrew Carnegie
36. “It is the mind that makes the body rich.” ― Andrew Carnegie
37. “Perhaps the most tragic thing about mankind is that we are all dreaming about some magical garden over the horizon, instead of enjoying the roses that are right outside today.” ― Andrew Carnegie
38. “And while the law of competition may be sometimes hard for the individual, it is best for the race because it ensures the survival of the fittest in every department.” ― Andrew Carnegie
39. “If the newspapers begin to publish stories about wars, and the people begin to think and talk of war in their daily conversations, they soon find themselves at war. People get that which their minds dwell upon, and this applies to a group or community or a nation of people, the same as to an individual.” ― Andrew Carnegie
40. “That best portion of a good man’s life— His little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love.” ― Andrew Carnegie
41. “Whatever I engage in, I must push inordinately.” ― Andrew Carnegie
42. “Every act you have ever performed since the day you were born was performed because you wanted something.” ― Andrew Carnegie
43. “Concentrate your energies, your thoughts, and your capital. The wise man puts all his eggs in one basket and watches the basket.” ― Andrew Carnegie
44. “No person will make a great business who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit.” ― Andrew Carnegie
45. “Surplus wealth is a sacred trust which its possessor is bound to administer in his lifetime for the good of the community.” ― Andrew Carnegie
I hope you liked the above Inspiring Andrew Carnegie Quotes. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You may also like the motivational quotes mentioned below:
Also, you can join our Instagram page to get daily positive lines or you can visit our Pinterest page to get motivational images.