Do you know when animals appeared? Animals first appeared in the Ediacaran period, about 63.5 million to 541 million years ago? Here are the best animal trivia questions with answers to test your knowledge of how much you know about animals around you. Trivia Questions are the best fun way to test your knowledge in the knowledge-growing process.
Animal Trivia Questions With Answers
1. A brown bear is what type of animal? Answer: A mammal
2. About how many species of Australia’s front-fanged snakes are potentially dangerous to humans? Answer: About 20
3. Approximately how long can dolphins live? Answer: 50 years
4. Being a sheep, what qualities am I likely to possess? Answer: gregarious and precocial
5. By what other name is the sea otter also known? Answer: Kalan
6. How do crocodiles clean their teeth? Answer: They let birds clean them.
7. How does the Alligator snapping turtle fish for food? Answer: It uses its tongue
Also Find: Disney Trivia Questions With Answers
8. I’m a domestic sheep. What is my binominal name, the name that scientists call me by? Answer: Ovis aries
9. Mark Twain asks “How does a frog move about?” Answer: jumps
10. Mark Twain asks, “What do frogs eat?” Answer: meat
11. On average how many hours a day do koalas sleep? Answer: 19 hours
12. There is a famous poem called “Fog”. Mark Twain asks “What kind of animal is a frog?”. Answer: amphibian
13. There is a special name for girl rabbits like Fluffy; she is a doe. What is a boy rabbit called? Answer: Buck
14. What are meerkats excellent at? Answer: Baby-sitting.
Animal Trivia For Kids And Adults With Answers
15. What are mountain zebras skilled at? Answer: Climbing on big rocks
16. What color are jellyfish? Answer: They can be almost any color
17. What is a baby koala called? Answer: Joey
18. What is a group of frogs called? Answer: Army
19. What is the most common country/continent where kangaroos live? Answer: Australia
20. What often happens when dolphins get stuck on the beach or in very shallow water? Answer: They can’t get back out to sea and they die.
21. What physical feature does a kiwi use to catch its prey? Answer: Beak
22. What type of animals are badgers? Answer: members of the weasel family
23. Where can otter habitats NOT usually be found? Answer: Horse stables
24. Where do kangaroos often live? Answer: Rocky places
25. Why do kangaroos lick their forearms in hot weather? Answer: Evaporating saliva cools blood vessels.
26. You are sleeping in bed and you hear a noise that sounds a lot like somebody asking the question “Who?” Who could be making this noise? Answer: Owl
27. What is a group of kangaroos called? Answer: Mob
28. What is the bony case protecting a mammal’s brain called? Answer: Skull
29. What is the most common cause of death for badgers in the United Kingdom, besides old age? Answer: motor vehicles
30. What is the scientific name for a meerkat? Answer: Suricata suricatta
31. What is the scientific name for brown bears? Answer: Ursus arctos
32. What is wildlife conservation? Answer: Protecting plant and animal species in their natural habitat
Best Animal Trivia Quiz Questions With Answers
33. What kind of animal is a kakapo? Answer: Bird
34. What kind of animals are turtles? Answer: Reptiles
35. What should you do if a wild creature wanders into your home? Answer: Help them find their way out nonviolently
36. What type of animal is a Holstein? Answer: cow
37. When are bats most active? Answer: At night
38. Where do jellyfish get their name? Answer: They have the texture of jelly
39. Where do turtles lay their eggs? Answer: All turtles lay their eggs on land.
40. Where in the world do badgers live? Answer: across North America, Europe and Asia
41. Where was Sue, the most complete Tyrannosaurus Rex skeleton found? Answer: South Dakota