Do you want to become a Blockchain Developer? Here we are sharing complete information about Blockchain developers. With the help of this detailed guide, you will be able to know what is its demand right now, what you need to do to become a successful blockchain developer, how much salary will you get.
- What is Blockchain?
- What is the demand for blockchain?
- Who is the Blockchain Developer?
- What are the roles of a blockchain developer?
- How to become a blockchain developer?
- Blockchain Developer Salary
- Companies for blockchain developer jobs
What is Blockchain?
- A blockchain is a decentralized public digital ledger consisting of blocks used to record transactions across multiple computers (nodes).
- In the blockchain, blocks are linked together using cryptography.
- Each block contains the cryptographic hash, timestamp, and transaction data of the previous block.
- The blockchain database is managed autonomously using a peer-to-peer network and a distributed timestamping server.
- When the transaction completes it creates a new block to store it in the digital ledger. Identifying when this transaction took place, saves the time of the transaction, which is called timestamp.
- When the transaction completes it creates a new block to store it in the digital ledger. Identifying when this transaction took place, saves the time of the transaction, which is called timestamp. Each block is linked with the block before it and it also holds information about the previous transaction, so they form a chain by creating blocks. Each additional block strengthens the block before it. If someone wants to change the data of any block, then he will have to change the data of all the other blocks. But it is not possible to replace every block. So the data is secure in the blockchain.
- It allows participants to verify and audit transactions independently and relatively inexpensively.
What is the demand for blockchain in various sectors?
The demand for blockchain is going to be high in the future days. There are so many opportunities for professionals in this industry. Blockchain technology can be used in many fields. Such as:
Some businesses are testing this technology in their back offices to measure their organizational efficiency. But many companies are already using Blockchain to improve their efficiency, build trust, rapidly scale and size many solutions.
For example, IBM is using the Hyperledger Blockchain creator tool to create its own distributed ledger and smart contracts. Like IBM, other big companies also use blockchain. The few names of companies are Walmart, Amazon, FedEx, Microsoft, Baidu, etc.
Most cryptocurrencies use blockchain technology to record transactions. As both bitcoin and Ethereum networks are based on blockchain. On 8 May 2018, Facebook also confirmed that it would be opening a new blockchain group.
3. Smart Contract
Before understanding the smart contract, let us tell you about the contract. A contract is an agreement between two people, which is legally enforceable. Every action in this is taking place with the permission of both the people.
A smart contract is a coding form of contract. This agreement between the two people is set up in the blockchain in the form of computer code. When a transaction takes place, it gives permission in a few moments as per the agreement. It does not require any third-party interaction and no one can change it.
Smart contracts will also be needed in every area where a transaction takes place on the blockchain. No transaction would be possible without a smart contract.
4. Banks & finance
Blockchain is a digital ledger that will be useful more in the field of banking and finance sector. With the help of blockchain, banks will send and receive payments rapidly. Being smart contracts, they can perform secure transactions from multiple data points without anyone’s interaction.
Several banks have expressed interest in implementing distributed ledgers for use in banking. They are collaborating with private blockchain companies.
Healthcare providers can use blockchain technology to securely store the medical records of their patients. When a medical record is created, it will be stored in the blockchain. This will be useful to patients, assuring them that their records cannot be changed and that it is secure in the blockchain.
In addition, blockchain can be used in many fields such as games, property records, currency, voting, etc.
Who is the Blockchain Developer?
A blockchain developer is a professional who will create and manage decentralized applications on the blockchain for clients. The day-to-day work of a blockchain developer includes:
- Designing the blockchain security protocols and the architecture of blockchain data
- Backend and front-end development for clients
- Responsible for the research and execution of the Dapps (Decentralized applications)
There are two types of blockchain developers and their responsibility of work areas are different.
1. Core Blockchain Developer
A Core Blockchain Developer forms the foundation of the blockchain data system. The responsibility of the developer is to design the security protocols of the blockchain network, and architecture of the blockchain data, and supervise the same.
2. Blockchain Software Developer
A Blockchain Software Developer’s responsibility is to create decentralized applications, implementing smart contacts using the design and protocol created by the core blockchain developer.
What are the roles and responsibilities of a blockchain developer?
Summary of Roles and Responsibilities of a blockchain developer according to his experience level:
Junior Blockchain Developer Responsibilities
- Development of blockchain process
- Integration of applications
- Maintenance of blockchain applications
Mid-Level Blockchain Developer Responsibilities
- Collaboration with the team members
- Testing application source codes
- Optimizing the blockchain applications
- Secure the blockchain protocols
Senior Blockchain Developer Responsibilities
- Lead the team members
- Designing and developing the blockchain technologies
- Collaborate with the management
- Delivering optimizing solutions with the help of blockchain solution
How to become a blockchain developer?
To become a blockchain developer, you need to know your roles and responsibilities as mentioned above. So you need to learn the necessary skills.
You can take any course to learn blockchain development. It will be easy for a person who is from a computer science background as he has prior knowledge of programming languages. If you are new, you will need to know computer languages and then take a blockchain course.
If you are new and want to acquire a degree in computer science, then you can take the right course from Coursera. Here we are recommending an online course from Coursera to acquire a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
If you are looking for the right place for blockchain development certification, we recommend blockchain-council.org courses for you. Here you will find different courses in Blockchain.
Here we are sharing the list of skills you need to become a blockchain developer.
1. Learn programming language skills
You need to learn about the basics of programming languages such as C++, Java, Python, etc. Because you need to develop decentralized apps (Dapps) in the blockchain using programming languages.
2. Learn cryptography
Cryptography is of study technique for secure communication. It helps in constructing and analyzing protocols to protect unwanted parties from accessing data.
By learning cryptography, you will be able to prevent your data from unwanted accessing of your data.
3. Learn blockchain architecture
Blockchain architecture is designed to manage valuable data such as when a transaction takes place, the amount of the transaction, and who sends or receives the transaction. The blockchain architecture supports a growing list of ordered records known as blocks. Each block maintains a timestamp and a link to the previous block.
To become a blockchain developer, you should know about blockchain architecture. You should know what is a block, node, transaction, chain, mining, Consensus (protocol).
4. Learn smart contracts
The smart contract is an agreement between two parties that can be stored in the blockchain and can function without any third-party interaction.
Smart contracts are like vending machines. It regulates the contracts without anyone’s interaction and proceeds with the transaction after the contract matches. This smart contract is going to be very useful in the future. It can be used in various fields such as construction and the legal sector.
If you want to become a successful blockchain developer then you must have knowledge of smart contracts. You can make your career in smart contract development.
5. Learn data structure
In computer science, a data structure is a data organization, management, and storage format that is most important. Blockchain being a digital ledger, there is a record of every transaction and hence it is also a data structure.
Companies are going to depend on it in the future. If every data is properly structured in the blockchain, then it will be helpful for companies in decision-making. You need to have the appropriate knowledge of data structure to be a successful blockchain developer.
6. Learn web development
As you have read earlier that a Blockchain developer will build and protect decentralized apps for companies in Blockchain, so knowledge of web development is very important for this. You have to learn about web design and web development.
7. Have some knowledge of business and finance
Blockchain’s relationship is with finance and payments and is widely in the fintech domain. Here the data of every transaction is stored. Therefore, along with technical knowledge, you should have a sound understanding of the financial world.
8. Gain some effective soft skills
To be a successful blockchain developer you need some soft skills along with technical skills. Soft skills include problem-solving skills, leadership skills, good communication, presentation, and collaboration skills.
Blockchain Developer Salary
The salary of a blockchain developer depends on his experience level and job location.
Blockchain Developer Salary in India
|Cities||Junior (per yr)||Mid (Per yr)||Senior (per yr)|
|Bengaluru||₹3,40,000||₹ 6,27,000||₹ 8,00,000|
|New Delhi||₹4,60,000||₹ 6,13,000||₹ 8,70,000|
|Pune||₹3,20,000||₹ 5,00,000||₹ 8,30,000|
|Mumbai||₹3,90,000||₹ 5,60,000||₹ 8,00,000|
|Chennai||₹3,80,000||₹ 5,40,000||₹ 9,00,000|
|Hyderabad||₹3,40,000||₹ 5,30,000||₹ 9,00,000|
|Kochi||₹3,80,000||₹ 5,40,000||₹ 9,00,000|
Blockchain Developer Salary in top companies in India
|Tata Consultancy Services||₹ 6,96,591|
|Accubits Technologies||₹ 7,02,576|
|Antier Solutions||₹ 8,87,349|
|Codezero2Pi Solutions||₹ 4,20,000|
|Tech Mahindra||₹4L -₹11L|
Blockchain Developer Salary in top countries
Top Companies hiring for blockchain developer jobs
The list of some top companies that are providing career opportunities for blockchain developers.
Companies in India
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Bosch Group
- Tech Mahindra
- Cognizant Technology Solutions
- First Student
Companies in the United States
- Self Opportunity
- Varsity Tutors
- Employer Flexible
- Kodak Alaris
- Hire Counsel
- Bitcoin Center
We hope that you have got all the information about Blockchain Developer. You can also read the below article: