“Better Late Than Never” is a popular saying that reminds us that it’s never too late to make a change, take a chance, or achieve our goals. These quotes offer inspiration and encouragement to those who may feel like they’ve missed their chance or are running out of time. They remind us that it’s never too late to start over, learn something new, or make a difference. Whether you’re feeling stuck or just need a little push to get moving, these “Better Late Than Never” quotes will remind you that it’s never too late to chase your dreams.
You can also read other proverbs-related quotes such as Rome Wasn’t Built in a Day and Still Waters Run Deep.
Inspiring ‘Better Late Than Never’ Quotes to Motivate You
1. “With a love like that, you can’t get picky about how it finds you or the details. All that matters is that it’s there. Better late than never.” ― Sarah Dessen
2. “I confess that I have been as blind as a mole, but is better to learn wisdom late than never to learn it at all.” ― Arthur Conan Doyle
3. “Need brooks no delay, yet late is better than never.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien
4. “A quiet click of the door, then whistling into the wind like an idiot as soon as he’d taken a few steps—thanking the God who’d made him, in the end, so lucky, even if in such a delayed and unexpected way. Some things came to you late, but late was better than never.” ― Jeff VanderMeer
5. “It is too late for that. I shall never be better than I am. I shall sink lower, and be worse.” ― Charles Dickens
6. “Despite the Inequities of MEN, All they want is common, PERFECT Literally WISE. WISE, doing the RIGHT thing at the RIGHT moment also WISE is not resenting the past mistakes but WANTING to live BETTER than YESTERDAY overcoming the faulty. It’s never too late.” ― Lungh Gangmei
7. “It is much better, to tell the truth than to compromise the truth and have someone believe a lie. It is far better they hear the truth now than that they believe they can keep other idols in their life—and then one day, when it’s too late, shockingly hear the Master say, “Depart; I never knew you, you who were deceived!” ― John Bevere
8. “Patience… This is the last hope any individual can have during the sabbatical. When the expected doesn’t happen… Patience, expect the unexpected. When you are true to something that you have done; the results will come. Better late than never. As it is said when a door is shut, opens another.. “Patience” ― Stephen Manoharan
9. “I confess that I have been as blind as a mole, but it is better to learn wisdom late than never to learn it at all.” ― Arthur Conan Doyle
10. “I thought that if the right time gets missed if one has refused or been refused something for too long, it’s too late, even if it is finally tackled with energy and received with joy. Or is there no such thing as “too late”? Is there only “late,” and is “late” always better than “never”? I don’t know.” ― Bernhard Schlink
11. “The first rule the music business failed to understand is that, at least at first, the new thing is rarely as good as the old thing was. If you need the alternative to be better than the status quo from the very start, you’ll never begin. Soon enough, the new thing will be better than the old thing. But if you wait until then, it’s going to be too late.” ― Seth Godin
Image made with Canva.