Birth affirmations are positive statements or phrases that are intended to empower and support a woman during childbirth. They can be spoken out loud or silently repeated in one’s mind, and are meant to provide encouragement, strength, and confidence during the birthing process. These affirmations often focus on themes of trust in the body’s natural abilities, self-love and acceptance, and the power of the mind to positively impact the physical experience of labor. Birth affirmations can be used by anyone, but they are particularly popular among women who are seeking a more holistic or natural childbirth experience.
Powerful Birth Affirmations (1 to 23)
1. Childbirth is a natural process. Whatever happens, it will be my birthing experience and I will embrace it.
2. Each surge of my body brings my baby closer to me.
3. Every contraction brings me closer to my baby.
4. Every surge of my body brings my baby closer to me.
5. Every wave of contractions brings my baby closer to me.
6. For water births: The warm water is welcoming my baby, helping it gently from my body and into the world.
7. I accept myself completely.
8. I am a strong, capable woman, and I can do this.
Also Find: Positive Affirmations for healing
9. I am breathing is relaxation.
10. I am capable of giving birth.
11. I am doing so well!
12. I am feeling blessed to give birth.
13. I am fierce but flexible.
14. I am flexible and open to suggestions of change.
15. I am getting closer and closer to holding my baby.
16. I am giving my baby the best birth possible.
17. I am grateful to be here finally.
18. I am in control.
19. I am joining the generations of mothers who have birthed before me. They did it and so can I.
20. I am letting my body support me.
21. I am my best source of inspiration.
22. I am on my way to great things.
23. I am prepared for whatever birth my body and baby need.
Powerful Birth Affirmations (24 to 46)
24. I am prepared to meet whatever turns my birthing takes.
25. I am present. I am doing this. We are doing this.
26. I am proud of myself.
27. I am ready for my birthing experience.
28. I am ready to love my baby more than I can imagine.
29. I am ready to meet my baby.
30. I am relaxed and happy that my baby is finally coming.
31. I am safe, my baby is safe.
32. I am so close to meeting my baby.
33. I am so much stronger than I think I am.
34. I am staying strong for my baby.
35. I am strong and capable.
36. I am strong and full of self-belief.
37. I am surrounded by love and support.
38. I am visualizing my child in my arms.
39. I believe in my abilities.
40. I breathe deeply and I am calm.
41. I can achieve everything I set out to do.
42. I can bear this for my baby.
43. I can do this to finally meet my baby.
44. I can feel my baby coming closer to me.
45. I can give birth.
46. I can handle anything. I know I can.
Powerful Birth Affirmations (47 to 69)
47. I can overcome any obstacle.
48. I can overcome the pain.
49. I can’t stop the waves, but I can learn to surf.
50. I control my destiny.
51. I dilate easily, effortlessly and painlessly.
52. I do not need validation from others. My body, my baby, my birth.
53. I feel confident. I feel safe. I feel secure.
54. I feel good and I am beautiful, inside and out.
55. I give birth with women all over the world.
56. I give myself permission to feel this way without judgment.
57. I have all the strength I need.
58. I have everything the baby needs.
59. I have great trust in myself and my capabilities.
60. I have incredible potential.
61. I have waited a long time for this and it is a beautiful moment.
62. I inhale strength and exhale tension.
63. I let go and I am safe.
64. I let go and open up.
65. I let my uterus work in peace.
66. I look forward to my birthing day.
67. I relax and my baby relaxes with me.
68. I respect myself and my intentions.
69. I take one contraction at a time with my breathing.
Powerful Birth Affirmations (70 to 92)
70. I trust my body and my instincts.
71. I trust my body completely.
72. I trust my body to know what to do.
73. I trust my instincts.
74. I trust myself to do this.
75. I will get through this beautifully.
76. I will meet my baby soon.
77. I will not think of it as pain to be feared. I will think of it as sensations to be embraced.
78. I’m dilating – there’s plenty of room for my baby.
79. I’m excited to give birth and meet my baby.
80. I’m grateful for my potential.
81. I’m prepared and ready.
82. I’m so excited to see my baby.
83. Inhale strength and exhale pain.
84. It is natural to be scared of the unknown, my fear is natural.
85. It is not pain I am feeling, it is my body doing what it is made for.
86. It’s getting better.
87. It’s okay. Everything will be fine.
88. Me and baby are safe.
89. My baby and I work as a team.
90. My baby and I work together during birth.
91. My baby is making its way into the world on waves of contractions.
92. My baby trusts me, and I trust this process.
Powerful Birth Affirmations (93 to 115)
93. My baby will arrive at the perfect time.
94. My baby will be born beautifully.
95. My body is designed to do this.
96. My body is opening like a flower.
97. My body is prepared.
98. My body is ready.
99. My body is strong and capable of giving birth.
100. My body knows what is best for me.
101. My body opens softly and easily.
102. My mind and body are relaxed.
103. So many mothers could do this, I can too.
104. Soon I will meet my baby, and the pain of birth will dissipate.
105. The pain is about to end.
106. The safe delivery of my baby is the most important thing.
107. The same love and desire I feel toward life I feel toward my baby’s birth.
108. This is easy for me.
109. This is going perfectly.
110. This is natural for me.
111. This is the best birth for our family.
112. Trust in my abilities, trust in my choices.
113. Waiting for the birth of my baby is an experience of serene joy.
114. When I feel I can do it no longer, I can, and I will.
115. With each deep breath, I feel better and better.