Read inspiring quotes said by famous mathematician Blaise Pascal to know about life, truth, mind, distraction, nature, passion & more.
Who is Blaise Pascal?
Blaise Pascal was a French mathematician, physicist, inventor, philosopher, writer, and Catholic theologian.
In the 1650s, Blaise Pascal laid the foundation for the modern theory of probabilities, formulated what came to be known as Pascal’s principle of pressure, and propagated a religious doctrine that taught the experience of God through the heart rather than through reason. In 1642, while still a teenager, he started some pioneering work on calculating machines, establishing him as one of the first two inventors of the mechanical calculator.
Inspiring Quotes By Blaise Pascal
The best inspiring Blaise Pascal Quotes will help you to know about the truth of life.
1. “Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.” ― Blaise Pascal
Blaise Pascal’s Spiritual thoughts
Be spiritual with the below Blaise Pascal Spiritual Quotes.
2. “I would prefer an intelligent hell to a stupid paradise.” ― Blaise Pascal
3. “Man is equally incapable of seeing the nothingness from which he emerges and the infinity in which he is engulfed.” ― Blaise Pascal
4. “Knowing God without knowing our wretchedness leads to pride.” ― Blaise Pascal
5. “Knowing our wretchedness without knowing God leads to despair.” ― Blaise Pascal
6. “There is enough light for those who only desire to see and enough obscurity for those who have a contrary disposition.” ― Blaise Pascal
7. “Man’s greatness comes from knowing he is wretched.” ― Blaise Pascal
Blaise Pascal Quotes to know the power of Words
Words are very powerful. Know the power of words with the help of Blaise Pascal’s learning quotes.
8. “Kind words don’t cost much. Yet they accomplish much.” ― Blaise Pascal
9. “You always admire what you really don’t understand.” ― Blaise Pascal
10. “Words differently arranged have different meanings, and meanings differently arranged have different effects.” ― Blaise Pascal
11. “Kind words produce their images on men’s souls.” ― Blaise Pascal
Blaise Pascal Quotes on Truth
Find Truth Quotes by Blaise Pascal to know about the truth.
12. “It is man’s natural sickness to believe that he possesses the truth.” ― Blaise Pascal
13. “Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth.” ― Blaise Pascal
14. “We desire truth and find within ourselves only uncertainty.” ― Blaise Pascal
15. “Truth is not an object to be possessed; it is a living thing recognized, cultivated by the mind and heart.” ― Blaise Pascal
Blaise Pascal Quotes on Mind
To know the power of the mind with the help of Blaise Pascal’s Inspiring Quotes.
16. “Dull minds are never either intuitive or mathematical.” ― Blaise Pascal
17. “Clarity of mind means clarity of passion, too; this is why a great and clear mind loves ardently and sees distinctly what it loves.” ― Blaise Pascal
18. “Small minds are concerned with the extraordinary, great minds with the ordinary.” ― Blaise Pascal
Blaise Pascal’s Sayings on Distraction
19. “Distraction is the only thing that consoles us for miseries and yet it is itself the greatest of our miseries.” ― Blaise Pascal
Blaise Pascal’s Thoughts on Nature
20. “Nature is an infinite sphere whose center is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere.” ― Blaise Pascal
21. “Nature has made all her truths independent of one another. Our art makes one dependent on the other.” ― Blaise Pascal
22. “The only religion which is against nature, against common sense and against our pleasures is the only one which has always existed.” ― Blaise Pascal
Blaise Pascal Quotes on Anxiety
23. “Men seek rest in a struggle against difficulties; and when they have conquered these, rest becomes insufferable.” ― Blaise Pascal
Blaise Pascal Thoughts on Heart
24. “The heart has reasons that reason cannot know.” ― Blaise Pascal
25. “We must keep our thought secret, and judge everything by it while talking like the people.” ― Blaise Pascal
26. “Passion cannot be beautiful without excess; one either loves too much or not enough.” ― Blaise Pascal
27. “Nothing is so intolerable to man as being fully at rest, without a passion, without business, without entertainment, without care.” ― Blaise Pascal
Blaise Pascal Personal Success Motivation
28. “When we read too fast or too slowly, we understand nothing.” ― Blaise Pascal
29. “Happiness can be found neither in ourselves nor in external things, but in God and in ourselves as united to him.” ― Blaise Pascal
30. “All of the human unhappiness comes from one single thing: not knowing how to remain at rest in a room.” ― Blaise Pascal
31. “Power rules the world, not opinion, but it is an opinion that exploits power.” ― Blaise Pascal
Inspiring Quotes by Blaise Pascal
32. “Little things comfort us because little things distress us.” ― Blaise Pascal
33. “To understand is to forgive.” ― Blaise Pascal
34. “In difficult times carry something beautiful in your heart.” ― Blaise Pascal
35. “Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical.” ― Blaise Pascal
36. “Lust is the source of all our actions, and humanity.” ― Blaise Pascal
37. “Man’s sensitivity to little things and insensitivity to the greatest things are marks of a strange disorder.” ― Blaise Pascal
38. “The power of a man’s virtue should not be measured by his special efforts but by his ordinary doing.” ― Blaise Pascal
39. “All our reasoning comes down to surrendering to feeling.” ― Blaise Pascal
Final Words: I hope you liked the above Blaise Pascal Quotes. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You may also like the Motivational quotes mentioned below: