The full form of BLO is Booth Level Officer.
BLO is a representative of the Election Commission of India (ECI) at the grass-root level. Generally, one BLO is responsible for one Polling Station location.
- BLO is a local Government/Semi-Government official, familiar with the local electors and generally a voter in the same polling area.
- Booth Level Officers assist in updating the roll using his local knowledge.
- BLO is not a full-time electoral official, but the responsibility of BLO adds an additional dimension to his profile as he is rendering a responsible civic duty.
- He is just like a friend, philosopher, and guide of the local people in matters relating to the role.
- Each BLO shall have one/two polling station areas under his/her jurisdiction.
Roles and Responsibilities of BLO:
- BLO assists eligible citizens to become voters and obtain voter cards.
- BLO provides forms for addition, deletion, and correction of Electoral Roll entries as well as carries out physical verification.
- It interacts with local people/ political parties’ representatives and
- identifies dead/ shifted electors.
- BLOs are responsible for the mapping of Persons with Disabilities in the electoral roll.
- BLOs ensure EPIC distribution to the right person and not to any other intermediary.
- BLO facilitates the display of draft roll/prescribed notices at designated locations, reading of rolls in gram/ ward sabhas.
- BLO distributes Voter Slip ahead of elections.
- On the poll day, BLO sits at the Facilitation Desk outside the Polling Station to facilitate voters and also gives undistributed Photo Voter Slip to the respective voters.
Thanks for reading BLO Full Form.
You can read the others full forms from the below list:
Also, you can join our Instagram page to get updates or you can visit our Pinterest page to get motivational images.