Check out some of the best collections of chess riddles, fun puzzle questions, and brain teasers for kids and adults here. And to solve these riddles we are also sharing the answer to the question.
Chess Riddles With Answers For Kids
1. A knight leaps over a tower and the tower vanishes. You did not imagine it and you are not hallucinating. Where could this have happened? Answer: A chessboard
2. How did the king lose his home? Answer: A horse took his castle.
3. How do you know when your pawn is doing a good job? Answer: They get promoted.
4. I am the weakest in chess, but the strongest in checkers. The hat that rests upon my head is of great value. What am I? Answer: The king
Also get: Camping Riddles
5. In a riddle whose only answer is chess, what is the only word that is prohibited? Answer: Chess
6. The eight of us go forth, not back, to protect our king from an attack. What are we? Answer: A pawn
7. What cannot a queen do that every other piece can? Answer: A queen cannot capture a more valuable piece or deliver a discovered check.
8. Why can you not make chess pieces out of bread? Answer: It would be a stalemate
9. Why can’t you make chess pieces out of bread? Answer: Because it would be a stale mate.
10. Why did the chess player offer a draw? Answer: They are not good at painting.
11. Why did the chess players bring their crayons? Answer: In case there was a draw.
12. Why didn’t the other pieces come to the king and queen’s barbecue? Answer: Because there were too many forks and skewers.
13. Why wouldn’t the cowboy play chess? Answer: He didn’t want to lose his horse.
14. When kings, queens, knights and bishops go to war? Answer: Chess Game
15. What kinds of men are always above board? Answer: chessmen
16. What did the chess player say to the waiter? Answer: Check, please
17. War fought with pieces on a board. Answer: chess
18. Two men are playing chess. They play five games. Each man wins three games. How is this possible? Answer: The men were not playing with each other. It never said they were. They played chess with other people, and during the five games, each man won three of the games.
19. There are 5 sisters in a room: Ann is reading a book, Margaret is cooking, Kate is playing chess, Marie is doing the laundry. What is the fifth sister doing? Answer: Playing chess with Kate
20. It is where kings, queens, knights and bishops go to war together. Answer: Chess Game
21. I am a homograph for something used to measure, the weakest in chess but strongest in checkers. Upon my head is a hat of great value. What am I? Answer: A king
22. All five sisters are busy. Ann is reading a book, Rose is cooking, Katy is playing chess, and Mary is doing the laundry. What is the fifth sister doing? Answer: She is playing chess with Katy.
23. A horse jumps over a tower and the tower disappears. It’s not an illusion or a dream. So where could this happen? Answer: On a chessboard
Image source: freepik.com