Consent is a crucial aspect of healthy relationships and interactions, and it is important to always respect the boundaries and wishes of those around us. These consent quotes remind us of the importance of obtaining clear and enthusiastic consent, and the power of respecting the autonomy of others. Whether it’s in our personal or professional lives, these quotes serve as a reminder to always practice consent and respect the choices of those around us.
You can also read other inspirational quotes such as Cosmology Quotes and Alone Quotes.
Why consent is the key?
Consent is the key because it ensures that all parties involved are making a clear, informed, and voluntary decision about a particular act or behavior. It is essential for maintaining healthy and respectful relationships and is crucial for preventing sexual assault and harassment. Without consent, there is no way to know if all parties are comfortable and willing to engage in the activity, and it can lead to feelings of violation and trauma.
Inspiring Quotes on Consent
1. “If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.” ― Albert Einstein
2. “Silence is sometimes an argument of Consent” ― Thomas Hobbes
3. “If a man punches you in the eye, you are not expected to have pleaded with him not to for the crime to be accepted as assault. If you are sitting at your cash register and someone demands the cash in it, you will not be accused of consent if you simply hand it over. Only in the prosecution of rape is evidence of resistance to an issue.” ― Germaine Greer
4. “Anything from you that is less than enthusiastic consent is a no, at least until we agree otherwise.” ― Valentine Glass
5. “Learn when you’re given consent and when you’re given the blessing. There is a major difference between saying yes and agreeing to it.” ― Sarvesh Jain
6. “Consent because you have no other options isn’t consent.” ― Katee Robert
7. “Take consent to what feels right. Take no consent to what infringes your rights.” ― Aisha S. Kingu
8. “Consent is the line between human behavior and bestiality.” ― Abhijit Naskar
9. “You have little control over what happens to you but every control over your reaction to them. No one can provoke you without your consent.” ― Vincent Okay Nwachukwu
10. “Without ‘consent’ in any human interactions, there’s an ethical violation.” ― Henry Johnson Jr
11. “Consent has rough edges.” ― Ian McEwan
12. “You kill by consent, every time you let something… pervert the balance when you have the power to stop it.” ― Thomm Quackenbush
13. “Neither the devil nor the world, nor even our own evil heart can compel us to sin. It must be by our own consent and will.” ― Billy Graham
14. “Every man having been born free and master of himself, no one else may under any pretext whatever subject him without his consent. To assert that the son of a slave is born a slave is to assert that he is not born a man.” ― Jean-Jacques Rousseau
15. “One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.” ― André Gide
16. “History is that which is agreed upon by mutual consent.” ― ML Stedman
17. “Silence can be either protest or consent, but most times its fear.” ― Paul Beatty
18. “I can be forced to live without happiness, but I will never consent to live without honor.” ― Pierre Corneille
19. “I’ll look to like if looking liking move; But no deeper will I endart mine eye than your consent gives strength to make it fly.” ― William Shakespeare
20. “When consent takes the form of seeking to possess the things we wish, this is called desire. When consent takes the form of enjoying the things we wish, this is called joy.” ― Augustine of Hippo
21. “If any man’s money can be taken by a so-called government, without his own personal consent, all his other rights are taken with it; for with his money the government can, and will, hire soldiers to stand over him, compel him to submit to its arbitrary will, and kill him if he resists.” ― Lysander Spooner
22. “Men being, as has been said, by nature, all free, equal and independent, no one can be put out of this estate, and subjected to the political power of another, without his own consent.” ― John Locke
23. “For someone so determined to be labeled a monster, he’s incredibly invested in my pleasure and consent.” ― Katee Robert
24. “For the secret of man’s being is not only to live but to have something to live for. Without a stable conception of the object of life, man would not consent to go on living, and would rather destroy himself than remain on earth, though he had bread in abundance.” ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky
25. “Cats don’t like change without their consent.” ― Roger Caras
26. “Keep the problems of clients and prospects confidential. Divulge information only with their consent.” ― Arthur C. Nielsen
27. “Informed consent is required for every invasive medical procedure, from getting your ears pierced to having an abortion.” ― Bob McDonnell
28. “No man is good enough to govern another man without the other’s consent.” ― Abraham Lincoln
29. “No man is good enough to govern any woman without her consent.” ― Susan B. Anthony
Photo by srini from Pexels.