Check out some of the best collections of cryptic riddles, funny puzzle questions, and brain teasers for kids and adults. And to solve these riddles we are also sharing the answer to the question.
Cryptic Riddles With Answers
1. A donkey behind another donkey, I’m behind that second donkey, but there is a whole nation behind me. It is a murder you can describe in a word. Answer: Ass ass I nation Assassination
2. Baseball bat and ball cost $50. If the bat cost $49 more than the ball, what is the cost of each? Answer: Bat $49.50, ball $0.50
3. Can you name four days that start with the letter ‘T’? Answer: Tuesday, Thursday, today, and tomorrow!
4. How can a man go eight days without sleep? Answer: No Probs, He sleeps at night.
5. How can you make the following equation true by drawing only one straight line: 5+5+5=550? Answer: Draw a line on the first plus sign. This turns it into a 4! The equation then becomes true: 545+5=550.
6. I have forests, but no trees. I have lakes, but no water. I have roads, but no cars. What Am I? Answer: A Map
7. If you had three apples and four oranges in one hand and four apples and three oranges in the other hand, what would you have? Answer: Very large hands.
8. It comprises roots that nobody sees, much taller than those trees, up and up it goes, still, it never grows. Answer: Mountain
9. There is a certain crime, that if it is attempted, is punishable, but if it is committed, is not punishable. What is the crime? Answer: Suicide
10. Using eight eights and addition only, can you make 1000? Answer: 888 + 88 + 8 + 8 + 8 = 1000
11. What does this say: T RN? Answer: No U Turn
12. Who earns a living by driving customers away? Answer: A taxi driver
13. What you can hear but not see, feel, touch, or taste? Answer: Your voice
14. What is tall when it’s young but short when it’s old? Answer: A candle
15. What is always running but never moving, has no mouth but a powerful roar? Answer: A waterfall
16. What is always coming but never gets here? Answer: Tomorrow
17. What can you give away but still keep? Answer: A cold
18. I am in a land where thirty men and two women were dressed in classic black and white dresses. They began to fight as soon as any of them moved. Where am I? Answer: In a Chessboard
19. Can you tell us an English word that contains all five vowels (a, e, i, o, u)? Answer: Unquestionably
(Image source: deviantart.com)