Depression is a mood disorder that causes persistent sadness and loss of interest. This affects you in some way like how you feel, how you think, and how you behave. In addition, it can cause a variety of emotional and physical problems.
Depression is a serious mental illness that interferes with a person’s life and makes it difficult to live. There is no single cause for depression. This can happen for many reasons and has many different triggers. It can also cause physical symptoms of pain, appetite changes, and sleep problems.
For some people, an upsetting or stressful life event, such as bereavement, divorce, illness, redundancy, and job or money worries, maybe the cause.
In this article, we have brought you some motivational depression quotes, which will try to give you a little information about its symptoms and its treatment. So let’s read inspirational quotes on depression.
Inspirational Depression Quotes
What is depression?
Read here depression quotes to know what is depression in our life.
1. “Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not, and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.” ― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
2. “Grief is depression in proportion to circumstance; depression is grief out of proportion to circumstance.” ― Andrew Solomon
3. “There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.” ― Laurell K. Hamilton
4. “That’s the thing about depression: A human being can survive almost anything, as long as she sees the end in sight. But depression is so insidious, and it compounds daily, that it’s impossible to ever see the end.” ― Elizabeth Wurtzel
5. “Depression is an illness, and no fault of the person who suffers from it.” ― Julie Schumacher
Motivational Quotes about depression
6. “Depression begins with disappointment. When disappointment festers in our souls, it leads to discouragement.” ― Joyce Meyer
7. “There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.” ― Laurell K. Hamilton
8. “Depression is like a bruise that never goes away. A bruise in your mind. You just got to be careful not to touch it where it hurts. It’s always there, though.” ― Jeffrey Eugenides
9. “Depression isn’t a war you win. It’s a battle you fight every day. You never stop, never get to rest. It’s one bloody fray after another.” ― Shaun David Hutchinson
Cause of depression
Know the cause of depression with the help of the below depression quotes.
10. “The silence depressed me. It wasn’t the silence of silence. It was my own silence.” ― Sylvia Plath
11. “All alone! Whether you like it or not, alone is something you’ll be quite a lot!” ― Dr. Seus
12. “If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.” ― Lao Tzu
13. “Perhaps depression is caused by asking oneself too many unanswerable questions.” ― Miriam Toews
Treatment for depression
Find the ways to overcome your depression with the help of the below motivational quotes.
14. “Studies show that intelligent girls are more depressed because they know the world.” ― Emilie Autumn
15. “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” ― Amit Ray
16. “If you look at the world, you’ll be distressed. If you look within, you’ll be depressed. If you look at God you’ll be at rest.” ― Corrie Ten Boom
17. “Work is always an antidote to depression.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
18. “Keep yourself busy if you want to avoid depression. For me, inactivity is the enemy.” ― Matt Lucas
19. “Sometimes, just thinking about the things you should do to feel better, like exercising or spending time with friends, can seem exhausting or impossible to put into action.” ― helpguide.org
20. “By taking small but positive steps day by day, you’ll soon lift the heavy fog of depression and find yourself feeling happier, healthier, and more hopeful again.” ― helpguide.org
I hope you liked the above Depression Quotes. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You may also like the motivational articles mentioned below:
- Expectation Quotes
- Experience Quotes
- Achievement Quotes
- Friendship Quotes
- Honesty Quotes
- Truth Telling Quotes
- House Quotes