Detective Riddles is a unique and enigmatic figure in the world of crime solving. With a sharp mind and keen eye for detail, he has been able to solve countless cases that have stumped even the most experienced detectives. His unorthodox methods and unpredictable approach to solving mysteries have earned him a reputation as one of the best detectives in the business. Despite his unconventional methods, Detective Riddles always manages to get to the bottom of the case and bring justice to the victims and their families. He is truly a force to be reckoned with in the world of detective work.
Detective Riddles With Answers
1. A couple went on a climbing trip. But only the husband returned from the vacation and said that his wife slipped off while climbing and died. On investigating, the local sheriff arrested him saying, “Your travel agent called. You murdered your wife.” The man did not inform anyone about the trip. Then how did the agent was so sure that it is a murder? Answer: The man bought only a one-way ticket for his wife whereas he bought a two-way ticket for himself. It means that he was sure that he will be returning alone.
2. A detective who was mere days from cracking an international smuggling ring has suddenly gone missing. While inspecting his last-known location, you find a note: 710 57735 34 5508 51 7718 Currently there are 3 suspects: Bill, John, and Todd. Can you break the detective’s code and find the criminal’s name? Answer: The criminal is Bill. If you look at the note upside down, you’ll notice that the numbers resemble letters and that those letters form legible sentences. The message is “Bill is boss. He sells oil.”
3. A killer told a detective that he would commit his next crime in the only place in Paris that you couldn’t see the Eiffel Tower. How did the detective end up catching him? Answer: The criminal was hiding in the Eiffel Tower itself.
4. A man is locked in jail. His cell has a dirt floor and a window high up on the wall. There’s also a shovel in the cell. How does he escape? Answer: He makes a pile of dirt that can reach the window and climbs out that way.
5. A man is marooned on a desert island. One day, the wind starts blowing from the west, and lightning causes a fire to start in the forest. Cliffs surround the island, so the man can’t escape. What does he do? Answer: He starts a fire in the east of the island and shelters there once it has burnt out.
6. A man returned his cup of tea because there was a fly in it. However, he becomes furious when he is given the same cup of tea back. How did he know it was the same cup of tea? Answer: Because he had added sugar – if it was a new cup of tea, it wouldn’t have any sugar in.
7. A man was found dead out in a field of snow. The only tracks that were left was a set of footprints between two parallel lines. Who should the police be looking for? Answer: A man in a wheelchair.
8. A policeman found a dead person in the middle of the desert. There were no footprints around him. Who would be the prime suspect? Answer: Someone in a wheelchair
9. How did the lady know exactly who the man was who had just started working at her office without ever meeting him before? Answer: She is close friends with his twin brother.
10. On a cold winter day, there was a man standing in front of someone’s house. He didn’t move until the spring, and the owner didn’t mind. Eventually, the man left. Who was he? Answer: A snowman
11. There were three men swimming in the sea. When the coastguard called them into the beach, only two of the men had wet hair. Why? Answer: The third man was bald.
12. Two chickens were found dead on the farm. What does the detective suspect? Answer: Fowl play
13. What did the detective do when he didn’t believe the librarian’s story? Answer: He booked her!
14. Why did a woman call the police over a man who knocked on her door and claimed that he thought the room was his? Answer: If it was his room, he wouldn’t have knocked.
15. You arrive at a murder scene where a man is hanging from the ceiling with nothing around him other than a large pool of water. How did the man die? Answer: He was standing on a block of ice, and it melted.
16. You intercepted this coded message sent by an enemy operative: YYURYYUBICURYY4ME What message is he sending? Answer: Too wise you are, too wise you be, I see you are too wise for me.
(Image Source: freepik.com)