Find here some best-collected learning quotes from Dune which is Frank Herbert’s best-selling science fiction novel.
Dune is a 1965 science-fiction novel by American author Frank Herbert. Dune is cited as the best-selling science fiction novel in history. The novel won the 1966 Hugo Award as well as the inaugural Nebula Award for Best Novel.
It tells the story of young Paul Atreides, whose family accepts the stewardship of the planet Arrakis. While the planet is an inhospitable and sparsely populated desert wasteland, it is the only source of melange, or “spice”, a drug that extends life and enhances mental abilities.
Melange is also necessary for space navigation, which requires a kind of multidimensional awareness and foresight that only the drug provides.
As melange can only be produced on Arrakis, control of the planet is thus a coveted and dangerous undertaking. The story explores the multi-layered interactions of politics, religion, ecology, technology, and human emotion, as the factions of the empire confront each other in a struggle for the control of Arrakis and its spice.
Want to read more about Dune? Read in Wikipedia.
Inspirational Quotes from Dune (Novel)
1. “I must not fear.” ― Frank Herbert
2. “Fear is the mind-killer.” ― Frank Herbert
3. “Fear is a little-death that brings total obliteration.” ― Frank Herbert
4. “I will face my fear.” ― Frank Herbert
5. “I will permit fear to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.” ― Frank Herbert
6. “Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.” ― Frank Herbert
Quotes Mind from Dune
7. “The way the mind will lean under stress is strongly influenced by training.” ― Frank Herbert
8. “The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.” ― Frank Herbert
Quotes about greatness from Dune
10. “The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in.” ― Frank Herbert
Inspiring Quotes from Dune
12. “There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.” ― Frank Herbert
13. “It is impossible to live in the past, difficult to live in the present, and a waste to live in the future.” ― Frank Herbert
14. “The people who can destroy a thing, they control it.” ― Frank Herbert
15. “Mankind has only one science… it’s the science of discontent.” ― Frank Herbert
16. “The vision of time is broad, but when you pass through it, time becomes a narrow door.” ― Frank Herbert
17. “Law is the ultimate science.” ― Frank Herbert
18. “A ruler must learn to persuade and not to compel.” ― Frank Herbert
19. “When you imagine mistakes, there can be no self-defense.” ― Frank Herbert
20. “A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty, but a fool’s wrath is heavier than them both.” ― Frank Herbert
21. “Growth is limited by the necessity which is present in the least amount. And naturally, the least favorable condition controls the growth rate.” ― Frank Herbert
22. “What is important for a leader is that which makes him a leader. It is the needs of his people.” ― Frank Herbert
23. “Desperate people are the most dangerous.” ― Frank Herbert
24. “Respect for the truth comes close to being the basis for all morality. Something cannot emerge from nothing.” ― Frank Herbert
25. “Be prepared to appreciate what you meet.” ― Frank Herbert
26. “Fragmentation is the natural destiny of all power.” ― Frank Herbert
Final Words: I hope you liked the above Quotes from Frank Herbert’s novel Dune”. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You may also like the motivational quotes mentioned below.
- The Twelve Gifts Of Birth Quotes
- Life, The Truth, And Being Free Quotes
- Seriously Simple Stuff To Get You Unstuck Quotes
- The Great Hand Book Of Quotes