Read the 42 inspirational quotes & sayings from Eleanor Roosevelt if you want to live a purposeful life.
Eleanor Roosevelt is famous for serving as the first lady during the presidency of her husband, Franklin D. Roosevelt.
She is famous for her advocacy on behalf of liberal causes, and for her leading role in drafting the UN’s Universal Declaration of Human Rights in 1948. She was one of the world’s most widely admired and powerful women of her time.
Read the best inspirational sayings & motivational quotes from Eleanor Roosevelt about what is life, how to learn from it, what is the purpose of life, how to believe & fulfill your dream.
Eleanor Roosevelt Inspiring Quotes
Find some inspirational Eleanor Roosevelt Quotes that will help you to live a purposeful life.
1. “Life is what you make it. Always has been, always will be.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
2. “In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
3. “People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
4. “Character building begins in our infancy and continues until death.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
5. “You always admire what you really don’t understand.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
6. “A great deal of fear is a result of just “not knowing.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
Eleanor Roosevelt Quotes to know the purpose of life
Quotes to live an adventure life
9. “Do not stop thinking of life as an adventure. You have no security unless you can live bravely, excitingly, imaginatively; unless you can choose a challenge instead of competence.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
Positive attitude Quotes by Eleanor Roosevelt
10. “You can often change your circumstances by changing your attitude.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
Quotes to know that everything is about you
Find the below Eleanor Roosevelt Quotes to know that everything that happens to you is about you.
11. “If someone betrays you once, it’s their fault; if they betray you twice, it’s your fault.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
12. “No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
13. “Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
What is Happiness?
Find some best Eleanor Roosevelt Quotes to know what is happiness.
14. “Happiness is not a goal…it’s a by-product of a life well-lived.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
Who is a mature person?
15. “A mature person is one who does not think only in absolutes, who is able to be objective even when deeply stirred emotionally, who has learned that there is both good and bad in all people and in all things, and who walks humbly and deals charitably with the circumstances of life, knowing that in this world no one is all-knowing and therefore all of us need both love and charity.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
Quotes to believe your dreams
16. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
Quotes to know “You can do”
17. “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
18. “You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
Eleanor Roosevelt Quotes to control fear
19. “Do one thing every day that scares you.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
20. “I believe that anyone can conquer fear by doing the things he fears to do.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
Quotes to have the courage
21. “It takes courage to love, but pain through love is the purifying fire which those who love generously know.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
22. “We all know people who are so much afraid of pain that they shut themselves up like clams in a shell and, giving out nothing, receive nothing and therefore shrink until life is a mere living death.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
Who is a true friend?
23. “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
Quotes to make friendship with yourself
Find some inspiring Eleanor Roosevelt Quotes to make friendship with yourself.
24. “Friendship with oneself is all-important because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
25. “It is not fair to ask of others what you are not willing to do yourself.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
Leadership motivation by Eleanor Roosevelt
26. “To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
27. “Good leaders inspire people to have confidence in their leader. Great leaders inspire people to have confidence in themselves.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
Importance of work
28. “Work is always an antidote to depression.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
Quotes to fulfill dreams
29. “Do the things that interest you and do them with all your heart.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
30. “Don’t be concerned about whether people are watching you or criticizing you. The chances are that they aren’t paying any attention to you. It’s your attention to yourself that is so stultifying.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
31. “If you fail the first time then you’ll just have to try harder the second time. After all, there’s no real reason why you should fail. Just stop thinking about yourself.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
32. “I am who I am today because of the choices I made yesterday.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
33. “The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
Eleanor Roosevelt Quotes on Woman
34. “A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it’s in hot water.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
35. “No matter how plain a woman may be if truth and honesty are written across her face, she will be beautiful.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
Inspirational Quotes by Eleanor Roosevelt
36. “We are afraid to care too much, for fear that the other person does not care at all.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
37. “Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
38. “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
39. “You have to accept whatever comes, and the only important thing is that you meet it with the best you have to give.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
40. “Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
41. “Great minds talk about ideas; small minds talk about people.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
42. “Nothing has ever been achieved by the person who says, It can’t be done.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
I hope you liked the above Eleanor Roosevelt Quotes. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You may also like the Motivational quotes mentioned below: