The environmental justice movement began in the United States in the 1980s. It was influenced by the American civil rights movement.
Environmental justice is a social movement that seeks to achieve a fair and equitable distribution of environmental benefits and burdens associated with economic production.
Here are some learning Environmental Justice Quotes to inspire you.
Environmental Justice Quotes
1. “Environmental justice cannot be separated from social justice. The two are deeply intertwined.” ― Laura Coleman
2. “Climate change is not just a problem for the future. It is impacting us every day, everywhere.” ― Vandana Shiva
3. “Nature shrinks as capital grows. The growth of the market cannot solve the very crisis it creates.” ― Vandana Shiva
4. “Those least responsible for climate change are worst affected by it.” ― Vandana Shiva
5. “We should try to leave the world a better place than when we entered it. As individuals, we can make a difference, whether it is to probe the secrets of Nature, to clean up the environment and work for peace and social justice, or to nurture the inquisitive, vibrant spirit of the young by being a mentor and a guide.” ― Michio Kaku
6. “Whatever you do to the animals, you do to yourself.” ― Ben Mikaelsen
7. “The more clearly we can focus our attention on the wonders and realities of the universe, the less taste we shall have for destruction.” ― Rachel Carson
8. “When we chop nature into bits in an attempt to understand it, we lose sight of the relationships among those bits. But ecological healing is all about the healing of relationships.” ― Charles Eisenstein
9. “If we do not save the environment, then whatever we do in civil rights will be of no meaning, because then we will have the equality of extinction.” ― James L. Farmer Jr.
Best Quotes for Environmental Justice
10. “True happiness is much more accessible to us than we think, but most of us are not looking in the right places.” ― Sofia Pavon
11. “Schools should also be able to increase parent satisfaction, community improvement, environmental health, and social justice.” ― Gregory A. Smith
12. “Environmental justice is a social movement seeking to achieve the fair and equitable distribution of environmental benefits and burdens associated with economic production.” ― Wikipedia
13. “Environmental justice is the fair treatment and meaningful involvement of all people regardless of race, color, national origin, or income, with respect to the development, implementation, and enforcement of environmental laws, regulations, and policies. This goal will be achieved when everyone enjoys the same degree of protection from environmental and health hazards, and equal access to the decision-making process to have a healthy environment in which to live, learn, and work.” ― Environmental Protection Agency
I hope you liked the above Environmental Justice Quotes. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You may also like the motivational articles mentioned below:
- Mind Power Quotes
- Accept Yourself Quotes
- Life Lessons Quotes
- Peace of Mind Quotes
- Success in Life Quotes
Also, you can join our Instagram page to get daily positive lines or you can visit our Pinterest page to get motivational images.