Here find some best collections of famous riddles, funny puzzle questions, and brain teasers for kids and adults. And to solve these puzzles we are also sharing the answer to the question.
Famous Riddles With Answers
1. A precious stone, as clear as a diamond. Seek it out whilst the sun’s near the horizon. Though you can walk on water with its power, Try to keep it, and it’ll vanish within an hour. Answer: Ice.
2. As I walked along the path I saw something with four fingers and one thumb, but it was not flesh, fish, bone, or fowl. Answer: Glove.
3. Four hang, four sprang, two-point the way, two to ward off dogs, one dangles after, always rather dirty. What am I? Answer: A cow
4. I look at you, you look at me I raise my right, you raise your left What is this object? Answer: Mirror.
Also Find: Family Riddles With Answers
5. I soar without wings, I see without eyes. I’ve traveled the universe to and fro. I’ve conquered the world, yet I’ve never been anywhere but home. Who am I? Answer: Imagination.
6. Look at me. I can bring a smile to your face, A tear to your eye, Or even a thought to your mind. But, I can’t be seen. What am I? Answer: Memories.
7. My tines are long. My tines are short. My tines end ere. My first report. What am I? Answer: Lightning.
8. Out of the eater, something to eat; out of the strong, something sweet. (Judges 14:14) Answer: Bees that were making a honeycomb inside a lion’s carcass. Samson had killed the lion.
9. The sun bakes them, The hand breaks them, The foot treads on them, And the mouth tastes them. What are they? Answer: Grapes.
Tricky Famous Riddles With Answers
10. There is a house. A person enters this house blind but exits it seeing. What is it? Answer: A school
11. There is a house. One enters it blind and comes out seeing. What is it? Answer: A school
12. Walk in the living, they don’t even mumble. Walk on the dead, they mutter and grumble. Answer: Leafs.
13. What walks on 4 legs when it is morning, on 2 legs at noon, and on 3 legs in the evening? Answer: Human. As an infant, a man crawls on 4 legs; as an adult, he walks on two legs and as an elderly citizen he walks with a cane hence the three legs.
14. What we caught, we threw away. We kept what we didn’t catch. What was it that we kept? Answer: Lice
15. I am an odd number. Take away a letter and I become even. What number am I? Answer: Seven.
16. I’m tall when I’m young and I’m short when I’m old. What am I? Answer: Candle.
17. If you have me, you want to share me. If you share me, you haven’t got me. What am I? Answer: Secret.
18. Imagine you are in a dark room. How do you get out? Answer: Stop imagining.
Hard Famous Riddles With Answers
19. The root tops the trunk on this backward thing, that grows in the winter and dies in the spring. Answer: Icicle.
20. There was a greenhouse. Inside the greenhouse, there was a white house. Inside the white house, there was a red house. Inside the red house, there were lots of babies. What is it? Answer: Watermelon.
21. What goes up the hill and down the hill, And spite of all, yet standeth still? Answer: Road.
22. What has many keys but can’t open a single lock? Answer: Piano.
23. What has to be broken before you use it? Answer: Egg.
24. What invention lets you look right through a wall? Answer: Window.
25. What is in seasons, seconds, centuries, and minutes, but not in decades, years, or days? Answer: The letter “N”.
26. Which creature walks on four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, and three legs in the evening? Answer: Man. He crawls on all fours as a baby, then walks on two feet as an adult, and then walks with a cane as an old man.
27. You can drop me from the tallest building and I’ll be fine, but if you drop me in the water I die. What am I? Answer: Paper.