Find here some learning and motivational Frank Zappa Quotes on education, music, and growth.
- Inspirational Frank Zappa Quotes
- Motivational Frank Zappa Quotes
- Education Quotes by Frank Zappa
- Music & Songs Quotes by Frank Zappa
- Growth Quotes by Frank Zappa
Frank Zappa was an American musician, singer, composer, songwriter, and bandleader.
In a career spanning more than 30 years, Zappa composed rock, pop, jazz, jazz fusion, orchestral, and musique concrète works, and produced almost all of the 60-plus albums that he released with his band the Mothers of Invention and as a solo artist. His work is characterized by nonconformity, free-form improvisation, sound experiments, musical virtuosity, and satire of American culture. He is considered one of the most innovative and stylistically diverse musicians of his generation.
What was the occupation of Frank Zappa?
He was a musician, singer, composer, songwriter, and bandleader
When was Frank Zappa born?
He was born on December 21, 1940, in Baltimore, Maryland.
Who were the parents of Frank Zappa?
His mother, Rose Marie, was of Italian and French ancestry; his father, whose name was anglicized to Francis Vincent Zappa, was an immigrant from Partinico, in the Italian island of Sicily, with Greek and Arab ancestry.
Who is Frank Zappa’s wife?
Frank Zappa has 2 wives. He was married to Kathryn J. “Kay” Sherman. In 1967, he married Adelaide Gail Sloatman.
When did Frank Zappa die?
He died from prostate cancer on December 4, 1993, at his home with his wife and children by his side. At a private ceremony the following day, his body was buried in a grave at the Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery, in Los Angeles.
How many children did Frank Zappa have?
He had four children, 2 daughters (Moon Zappa, Diva Zappa) and 2 sons (Dweezil Zappa, Ahmet Zappa)
What are the 10 best Frank Zappa songs?
- Cosmik Debris
- Bobby Brown
- Joe’s Garage
- Watermelon in Easter Hay
- Valley Girl
- Peaches En Regalia
- Don’t Eat the Yellow Snow
- Any Kind of Pain
- Brown Shoes Don’t Make It
Inspirational Frank Zappa Quotes
1. “I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.” ― Frank Zappa
2. “The most important thing to do in your life is to not interfere with somebody else’s life.” ― Frank Zappa
3. “So many books, so little time.” ― Frank Zappa
4. “There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.” ― Frank Zappa
5. “The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it’s profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater.” ― Frank Zappa
6. “It’s better to have something to remember than anything to regret.” ― Frank Zappa
7. “Art is making something out of nothing, and selling it.” ― Frank Zappa
8. “There’s a big difference between kneeling down and bending over.” ― Frank Zappa
9. “Communism doesn’t work because people like to own stuff.” ― Frank Zappa
10. “Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.” ― Frank Zappa
Motivational Frank Zappa Quotes
11. “The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents — because they have a tame child-creature in their house.” ― Frank Zappa
12. “A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment.” ― Frank Zappa
13. “Nobody looks good with brown lipstick on.” ― Frank Zappa
14. “Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.” ― Frank Zappa
15. “Most people don’t bother about their friends in the vegetable kingdom.” ― Frank Zappa
16. “All your children are poor unfortunate victims of systems beyond their control.” ― Frank Zappa
17. “Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, uses that something to support their own existence.” ― Frank Zappa
18. “My best advice to anyone who wants to raise a happy, mentally healthy child is: Keep him or her as far away from a church as you can.” ― Frank Zappa
19. “There is no such thing as a dirty word. Nor is there a word so powerful, that it’s going to send the listener to the lake of fire upon hearing it.” ― Frank Zappa
Education Quotes by Frank Zappa
21. “Drop out of school before your mind rots from exposure to our mediocre educational system. Forget about the Senior Prom and go to the library and educate yourself if you’ve got any guts. Some of you like Pep rallies and plastic robots who tell you what to read.” ― Frank Zappa
Music & Songs Quotes by Frank Zappa
22. “Music is the best.” ― Frank Zappa
23. “Music is the only religion that delivers the goods.” ― Frank Zappa
24. “Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST.” ― Frank Zappa
25. “Jazz isn’t dead. It just smells funny.” ― Frank Zappa
26. “Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.” ― Frank Zappa
27. “Definition of rock journalism: People who can’t write, doing interviews with people who can’t think, in order to prepare articles for people who can’t read.” ― Frank Zappa
28. “All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.” ― Frank Zappa
29. “Writing about music is like dancing about architecture.” ― Frank Zappa
30. “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.” ― Frank Zappa
31. “There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we’d all love one another.” ― Frank Zappa
32. “Love lyrics have contributed to the general aura of bad mental health in America.” ― Frank Zappa
33. “Music without the ebb and flow would be like “watching a film with only good guys in it”.” ― Frank Zappa
Growth Quotes by Frank Zappa
34. “Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.” ― Frank Zappa
35. “If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.” ― Frank Zappa
36. “A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it is not open.” ― Frank Zappa
I hope you liked the above Frank Zappa Quotes. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You may also like the motivational articles mentioned below:
- 85 Alice Walker Quotes
- 96 Benjamin Franklin Quotes
- 53 W. Clement Stone Quotes
- 57 Walt Disney Quotes
- 79 Henry Ford Quotes
- 45 John D. Rockefeller Quotes
- 65 George Orwell Quotes