Here find some best collections of geography riddles, funny puzzle questions, and brain teasers for kids and adults. And to solve these puzzles we are also sharing the answer to the question.
Geography Riddles With Answers
1. A river that flows from Colorado to the Gulf. I have a Mexican name. At 1,800 miles long I am one of the principal rivers of North America. I am not the Mississippi. What am I? Answer: The Rio Grande
2. Apart from the United States of America, which another country in the world is officially named “The United States”? Answer: Mexico. (The official name of Mexico is the United States of Mexico.)
3. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world? Answer: Mt. Everest. It just wasn’t discovered yet.
Also Find: Food Riddles With Answers
4. I am the 11th most populated country in the world. My native language is Spanish. I am home to the 18,000-foot volcano, Pico de Orizaba. What am I? Answer: Mexico
5. I have forests, but no trees. I have lakes, but no water. I have roads, but no cars. What Am I? Answer: A Map
6. I see an ocean but no water. Where am I? Answer: In front of a world map.
7. My people are descendants of the Aztecs and the Mayas. What country am I? Answer: Mexico
8. Someone’s mother has 4 sons, North, West, and South. What is the name of the fourth son? Answer: Someone
9. To which country does Baja, California peninsula belong? Answer: Mexico
10. What did Brazilian coffee say to Indonesian coffee? Answer: “What’s Sumatra with you?”
11. What do you call a father who was kidnapped? Answer: A Baghdad
12. What is the most populous Spanish-speaking country in the world? Answer: Mexico
13. Who built and lived in Teotihuacan, the most impressive pre-Columbian Mesoamerican city? Answer: The Mayans
Best Riddles on Geography With Answers
14. Why is the Mississippi such an unusual river? Answer: Because it has four “i’s” and can’t even see.
15. Africa, Europe, and Australia. North and South America but not least. There is also the largest continent. Which on a map can be found in the east. Answer: Asia
16. I’m a country made up of many islands but I’m not Greece. I have a red and white flag but I’m not England. I’m in Asia but Im, not in Indonesia. I have popular cuisine but I’m not China. I’m where you might sing karaoke but I’m not South Korea. Answer: Japan
17. The thunder comes before the lightning, And the lightning comes before the cloud, The rain dries all the land it touches, Wrapping the earth in a blood red shroud. What am I? Answer: A volcano.
18. This is an area with little rain. So you’re unlikely to see many trees. Kalahari, Negev, Atacama. Gobi and Sahara what are all these? Answer: They are deserts
19. This place has lots of history Including the Ming Dynasty. Shanghai is its largest city. Pottery and art are found plenty. What country is it? Answer: China
20. Through the middle of this continent. Runs the line of the equator. It contains more than fifty countries. Which continent is it? Answer: Africa
21. What did the Icelandic Volcano say to the earthquake? Answer: ‘It’s not my fault.’
22. What was the biggest island in the world before the discovery of Australia by Captain Cook? Answer: Australia was always the biggest island in the world, even before it was discovered.
23. What’s the worst thing that can happen to a geography teacher? Answer: Getting lost
24. Where do brains go for vacation in Massachusetts? Answer: Braintree, MA
25. Where will you find roads without cars, forests without trees, and cities without houses? Answer: Map
26. Which cranial nerve would be right at home in a well-known city in Nevada? Answer: The Vagus nerve