Are you a Harry Potter Lover? Here are the best Harry Potter trivia questions with answers to test your knowledge of how much you know about harry potter. Trivia Questions are the best fun way to test your knowledge in the knowledge-growing process.
Harry Potter Trivia Questions With Answers
1. How are students sorted into their houses? Answer: By the Sorting Hat.
2. How do you close the Marauder’s Map? Answer: “Mischief Managed.”
3. How does Harry catch his first snitch? Answer: With his mouth.
4. How does Harry get the lightning bolt scar on his forehead? Answer: He got it as a baby when Voldemort tried to kill him.
5. How many Hogwarts students are accepted each year? Answer: 1,000 students. Or 250 in each house.
6. How many points do you get when you catch a snitch? Answer: 150, game over.
7. How many staircases does Hogwarts have? Answer: 142.
Also Find: Horror Movie Trivia Questions With Answers
8. How was Hermione able to take extra lessons? Answer: A Time-Turner.
9. Name all the Weasley children. Answer: Ginny, Ron, Fred, George, Percy, Charlie, Bill.
10. Name the four Hogwarts Houses. Answer: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Slytherin.
11. What are the real names of the four marauders? Answer: James Potter, Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew, Remus Lupin.
12. What are thestrals? Answer: Invisible winged horses.
13. What does Felix Felicis do? Answer: Gives the person who drinks it good luck for 12 hours.
14. What does Prof. Lupin offer Harry to make him feel better when the Dementors try to attack him? Answer: Chocolate.
15. What does the map do? Answer: Shows you the location and movement of everyone in Hogwarts.
16. What does the Sorting Hat list as two characteristics of most Ravenclaws? Answer: Wit and learning.
17. What Horcrux is a small golden cup with two finely-wrought handles with a badger engraved on the side and a few jewels. Answer: Hufflepuff’s Cup
18. What house is Harry Potter sorted into? Answer: Gryffindor.
19. What is Harry’s position on the Quidditch team? Answer: Seeker.
20. What is the name of the ghost who was killed by an axe? Answer: Sir Nicholas
Also Find: The Office Trivia With Answers
21. What keeps the three-headed dog asleep? Answer: An enchanted music box.
22. What other house did Harry almost get sorted into? Answer: Slytherin.
23. What was the first name of the founder of Ravenclaw House? Answer: Rowena
24. What’s the name of the three-headed dog that guards the door to the Sorcerer’s Stone? Answer: Fluffy.
25. Where does Harry go to teach Dumbledore’s Army? Answer: The Room of Requirement.
26. Who does Scabbers the rat turn out to be? Answer: Peter Pettigrew.
27. Who is the Half-Blood Prince? Answer: Snape.
Ultimate Harry Potter Trivia With Answers
28. Who lives at 4 Privet Drive? Answer: The Dursleys (and Harry, for a while).
29. Why does Snape protect Harry? Answer: He was in love with his mother, Lily.
30. Why was Harry put into that house? Answer: He asked to be put there.
31. According to the Sorting Hat, what qualities does Ravenclaw possess? Answer: Wit and learning
32. Before his second year at Hogwarts, how do the Weasley’s save Harry from the Dursley’s house? Answer: A flying car
33. Gryffindor’s ghost is Nearly Headless Nick. But what is his full name? Answer: Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington
34. What are the first names of Voldemort’s parents? Answer: Tom and Merope
35. What are the three unforgivable curses? Answer: Killing Curse, Cruciatus Curse, and Imperius Curse
36. What caused Dumbledore’s hand to be blackened and shriveled? Answer: Marvolo Gaunt’s ring (A Horcrux)
37. What does the Imperius Curse do? Answer: Controls the action of another
38. What is it customary for wizard-kind to do before dueling? Answer: Bow
39. What is Ron Weasley’s patronus? Answer: Jack Russell Terrier
40. What is the name of Albus Dumbledore’s brother? Answer: Aberforth
41. What is the name of the room Harry uses to teach Dumbledore’s Army? Answer: The Room of Requirement
42. What is the name of the train station that services Hogwarts School? Answer: Hogsmeade Station
43. What kind of dragon does Harry fight during the Tri-Wizard cup? Answer: A Hungarian Horntail.
44. What magical creature pulls students the carriages that take students from the Hogwarts Express to Hogwarts? Answer: Thestrals.
45. What position does Harry play on his Quidditch Team? Answer: Seeker
46. What sort of power do Dementors have? Answer: They’re able to drain people of their happiness.
47. What was the name of Hermione Granger’s pet cat? Answer: Crookshanks
48. What was the name of the brothers who created the Deathly Hallows? Answer: Peverell brothers
49. What wizards are trained to catch dark wizards? Answer: Aurors.
50. What’s the name of Ginny’s Pygmy Puff? Answer: Arnold.
51. Where are the Hufflepuff common rooms? Answer: Next to the kitchen.
52. Where are the Slytherin common rooms located? Answer: The Dungeon.
53. Where is Azkaban fortress located? Answer: The North Sea
54. Where is the Slytherin common room located? Answer: The dungeons
55. Which creatures pull the carriages that take students from the Hogwarts Express to the Castle? Answer: Thestrals
56. Who is the Hufflepuff house ghost? Answer: The Fat Friar
57. Who is Tom Riddle? Answer: A young Lord Voldemort.
Harry Potter Trivia Quiz Questions With Answers
58. Who was Hogwarts’s headmaster when the Chamber of Secrets was opened for the first time? Answer: Armando Dippet
59. Why was being able to speak parseltongue especially troubling to Harry? Answer: Voldemort was also a parselmouth.
60. According to Fred and George Weasley, how many passages are there from Hogwarts to Hogsmeade? Answer: 7
61. Harry wins a vial of what potion from Professor Slughorn? Answer: Felix Felicis
62. Mistletoe is often infested with what magical creature? Answer: Nargles
63. What animal does James Potter transfigure into? Answer: Stag
64. What are the first names of the Hogwart’s founders? Answer: Godric (Gryffindor), Salazar (Slytherin), Helga (Hufflepuff), and Rowena (Ravenclaw)
65. What are the four houses that Hogwart’s Students are sorted into? Answer: Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw
66. What are the last three words in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows? Answer: “All was well.”
67. What are the three types of wizard coins in order of value? Answer: Knut, Sickle, Galleon
68. What color are Dobby’s eyes? Answer: Green
69. What color light comes from the killing curse (Avada Kedavra curse)? Answer: Green
70. What do Hermione’s muggle parents do for a living? Answer: Dentists
71. What does Dumbledore leave Ron in his will? Answer: Deluminator
72. What does Dumbledore tell Harry he sees in the Mirror of Erised? Answer: Thick woolen socks
73. What does the acronym S.P.E.W. stand for? Answer: Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare
74. What Hogwarts house did Moaning Myrtle belong to? Answer: Ravenclaw
75. What is Dolores Umbridge’s middle name? Answer: Jane
76. What is Neville’s toad’s name? Answer: Trevor
77. What is the name of Harry Potter’s pet owl? Answer: Hedwig
78. What is the spell to disarm an opponent? Answer: Expelliarmus
79. What plant traps Harry, Ron, and Hermione on their way to get the Philosopher’s Stone? Answer: Devil’s Snare
80. When is Harry Potter’s birthday? Answer: July 31
81. Which department does Arthur Weasley work for at the Ministry of Magic? Answer: Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office
82. Who did Draco Malfoy learn Occlumency from? Answer: Bellatrix Lestrange
83. Who gave Harry his Firebolt broomstick? Answer: Sirius Black
84. Who gave Harry Potter his invisibility cloak? Answer: Albus Dumbledore
85. Who revealed to Lily Potter that she was a witch? Answer: Severus Snape
86. Who were the four competitors in Goblet of Fire’s Triwizard Tournament? Answer: Fleur Delacour, Viktor Krum, Cedric Diggory, and Harry Potter
87. Why was Fenrir Greyback not allowed to become an official Death Eater? Answer: Because he is a werewolf