A leader is not the one who only gathers a few people and accomplishes a specified task. There are different meanings of leadership such as being ready to face any kind of problems, supporting people in their difficult situations, showing people the right way to reach their destination, giving people the right vision is called leadership. We have collected some valuable lessons said by great personalities on leadership. So read the best inspiring leadership quotes that will help you to become a great leader in your life.
Best Inspiring Leadership Quotes
Find here some best motivational leadership quotes that will help you to become a good leader.
Leaders are made not born
Inspiring leadership quotes will help you to know that leaders are not born, they are made.
1. “The most dangerous leadership myth is that leaders are born and there is a genetic factor to leadership. That’s nonsense. Leaders are made rather than born.” – Warren Bennis
Who is a leader?
Inspiring leadership quotes will help you to know who is a leader, and the role of a real leader.
3. “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” – John Maxwell
4. “Great leaders are not defined by the absence of weakness, but rather by the presence of clear strengths.” – John Zenger
5. “He who has learned how to obey will know how to command.” – Solon
6. “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader.” – John Quincy Adams
Education is most important
Inspiring leadership quotes will help you to know that education is most important for effective leadership.
7. “Education is the mother of leadership.” – Wendell Willkie
What is leadership?
Motivational leadership quotes to know what is the real meaning of leadership, the qualities required for leading.
8. “Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.” – Warren Bennis
9. “The definition of leadership is the capacity and the will to rally men and women to a common purpose and the character which inspires confidence.” – General Montgomery
10. “Effective leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results, not attributes.” – Peter Drucker
11. “Leadership is influence.” – John C. Maxwell
12. “All of the great leaders have had one characteristic in common: it was the willingness to confront unequivocally the major anxiety of their people in their time. This is the essence of leadership.” – John Kenneth Galbraith
13. “The very essence of leadership is that you have to have a vision. It’s got to be a vision you articulate clearly and forcefully on every occasion.” – Reverend Theodore Hesburgh
14. “The leader has to be practical and a realist yet must talk the language of the visionary and the idealist.” – Eric Hoffer
Quotes to know that everyone is not a leader
15. “Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm.” – Publilius Syrus
Things to avoid to become a leader
Inspiring leadership quotes will help you to know what are things to avoid to become a good leader.
16. “No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or to get all the credit for doing it.” – Andrew Carnegie
Quotes to know duties & responsibility of a leader
Motivational leadership quotes will help you to know the duties and responsibilities of a good leader.
17. “The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.” – Max DePree
18. “Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.” – Jack Welch
19. “Leadership is lifting a person’s vision to high sights, the raising of a person’s performance to a higher standard, the building of a personality beyond its normal limitations.” – Peter Drucker
20. “The growth and development of people is the highest calling of leadership.” – Harvey Firestone
21. “One of the tests of leadership is the ability to recognize a problem before it becomes an emergency.” – Arnold Glasow
22. “True leadership lies in guiding others to success.” – Bill Owens
23. “Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate, and doubt to offer a solution everybody can understand.” – General Colin Powell
24. “Leadership is unlocking people’s potential to become better.” – Bill Bradley
Best Thoughts for leadership
25. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
Leadership for progress
26. “Progress occurs when courageous, skillful leaders seize the opportunity to change things for the better.” – Harry S. Truman
Leaders solve problems
27. “Leaders think and talk about the solutions. Followers think and talk about the problems.” – Brian Tracy
The challenges of leadership
Inspiring leadership quotes will help you to know what challenges you will face while leading.
28. “The challenge of leadership is to be strong but not rude, Be kind, but not weak be bold, but not bully be thoughtful but not lazy, be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor but without folly.” – Jim Rohn
Quotes to not thinking about criticism
29. “Do what you feel in your heart to be right–for you’ll be criticized anyway.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
How to be the best leader?
30. “He who has never learned to obey cannot be a good commander.” – Aristotle
31. “A leader is best when people barely know he exists when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.” – Lao Tzu
32. “Become the kind of leader that people would follow voluntarily; even if you had no title or position.” – Brian Tracy
33. “I start with the premise that the function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers.” – Ralph Nader
34. “A great person attracts great people and knows how to hold them together.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
35. “You don’t lead by pointing and telling people someplace to go. You lead by going to that place.” – Ken Kesey
36. “When I give a minister an order, I leave it to him to find the means to carry it out.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
37. “The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority.” – Kenneth Blanchard
38. “A good general not only sees the way to victory; he also knows when victory is impossible.” – Polybius
39. “A great leader’s courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position.” – John Maxwell
40. “A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be.” – Rosalynn Carter
41. “A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others.” – Douglas MacArthur
42. “A leader does not set out to be a leader but becomes one by the equality of his actions and the integrity of his intent.” – Douglas MacArthur
Inspiring leadership quotes for future leaders.
43. “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.” – Bill Gates
Final Words: I hope you liked the above Inspiring Leadership Quotes. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You may also like the Motivational quotes mentioned below:
- Inner Strength Quotes to grow your strength
- Life Difficulty Quotes to survive in a tough situation
- Positive Thinking Quotes to become a positive thinker
- Life Lessons Quotes to learn from life