If you want to develop your leadership skill, then the following John C Maxwell Leadership Quotes will be helpful for you. These leadership quotes will help you to know the nature of a leader, how does a leader influences others, the effective skills for leadership, and how to become a successful leader.
John C Maxwell Leadership Quotes
Follow the learning leadership quotes by John C Maxwell if you want to develop the leader in you.
Leadership is influencing others
1. “Leadership is not about titles, positions, or flowcharts. It is about one life influencing another.” ― John C. Maxwell
2. “A leader who produces other leaders multiples their influences.” ― John C. Maxwell
3. “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” ― John C. Maxwell
4. “Everyone is a leader because everyone influences someone.” ― John C. Maxwell
Nature of a successful leader
The following John C. Maxwell Leadership Quotes will help you to understand the nature of a successful leader.
5. “A successful person finds the right place for himself. But a successful leader finds the right place for others.” ― John C. Maxwell
6. “Great leaders always seem to embody two seemingly disparate qualities. They are both highly visionary and highly practical.” ― John C. Maxwell
7. “Good leaders know when to display emotions and when to delay them.” ― John C. Maxwell
8. “A good leader is a person who takes a little more than his share of the blame and a little less than his share of the credit.” ― John C. Maxwell
9. “Good leadership isn’t about advancing yourself. It’s about advancing your team.” ― John C. Maxwell
10. “Self-centered leaders manipulate when they move people for personal benefit. Mature leaders motivate by moving people for mutual benefit.” ― John C. Maxwell
11. “Leaders must be close enough to relate to others, but far enough ahead to motivate them.” ― John C. Maxwell
Skills required for leadership
12. “Relational skills are the most important abilities in leadership.” ― John C. Maxwell
Quotes to create a supportive team
13. “To collaborative team members, completing one another is more important than competing with one another.” ― John Maxwell
14. “A team is a group of people who may not be equal in experience, talent, or education but in commitment.” ― John C. Maxwell
15. “Uniformity is not the key to successful teamwork. The glue that holds a team together is the unity of purpose.” ― John C. Maxwell
Have enough confidence
16. “When the leader lacks confidence, the followers lack commitment.” ― John C. Maxwell
Be passionate about the vision
17. “A great leader’s courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position.” ― John C. Maxwell
Responsibility of a leader
18. “The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality.” That can happen only when the leader is willing to hear and face the truth.” ― John C. Maxwell
19. “When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment, you create trust.” ― John C. Maxwell
How to become a successful leader?
The following John C. Maxwell Leadership Quotes will help you to know about the qualities of a great leader to influence others.
20. “To lead yourself, use your head; to lead others, use your heart.” ― John C. Maxwell
21. “A leader is great not because of his or her power, but because of his or her ability to empower others.” ― John Maxwell
22. “If you are a leader, the true measure of your success is not getting people to work. It’s not getting people to work hard. It is getting people to work hard together. That takes commitment.” ― John C. Maxwell
23. “The higher you want to climb, the more you need leadership. The greater the impact you want to make, the greater your influence needs to be.” ― John C. Maxwell
24. “If you want to win over another person, first win his heart, and the rest of him is likely to follow.” ― John C. Maxwell
25. “Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.” ― John C. Maxwell
26. “When you like people and treat them like individuals who have value, you begin to develop influence with them. You develop trust.” ― John C. Maxwell
27. “People don’t expect their leaders to be perfect, but they do expect them to be honest.” ― John C. Maxwell
28. “Good leaders must communicate vision clearly, creatively, and continually. However, the vision doesn’t come alive until the leader models it.” ― John C. Maxwell
29. “If you are a leader, you should never forget that everyone needs encouragement. And everyone who receives it – young or old, successful or less-than-successful, unknown or famous – is changed by it.” ― John C. Maxwell
30. “When people respect you as a person they admire you. When they respect you as a friend, they love you. And when they respect you as a leader, they follow you.” ― John C. Maxwell
Quotes to know about people to become a successful leader
Following John C Maxwell Leadership Quotes will help you to know about people and their needs which will help you to lead people successfully and become a good leader.
31. “Do you know the difference between leaders, followers, and losers? Leaders stretch with challenges. Followers struggle with challenges. Losers shrink from challenges.” ― John C. Maxwell
32. “Always touch a person’s heart before you ask him for a hand.” ― John C. Maxwell
33. “People don’t care what you know until they know what you care.” ― John C. Maxwell
34. “A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.” ― John C. Maxwell
35. “The difference between average people and achieving people is their perception of and response to…failure.” ― John C. Maxwell
36. “Great people talk about ideas, average people talk about themselves, and small people talk about others.” ― John C. Maxwell
37. “You can’t move people to action unless you first move them with emotion… The heart comes before the head.” ― John C. Maxwell
38. “You don’t really understand people until you hear their life story. If you know their stories, you grasp their history, their hurts, their hopes, and aspirations. You put yourself in their shoes. And just by virtue of listening and remembering what’s important to them, you communicate that you care and desire to add value.” ― John C. Maxwell
39. “People who do not believe in themselves have trouble believing in others.” ― John C. Maxwell
40. “People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.” ― John C. Maxwell
I hope you liked the above John C Maxwell Leadership Quotes. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You may also like the motivational quotes mentioned below:
- Self-Leadership Quotes
- Be Free Quotes
- Believe in Yourself Quotes
- Life Journey Quotes
- You Can Do It Quotes
- Success Motivation Quotes
Also, you can join our Instagram page to get daily positive lines or you can visit our Pinterest page to get motivational images.