Here find some best collections of lateral thinking riddles, funny puzzle questions, and brain teasers for kids and adults. And to solve these puzzles we are also sharing the answer to the question.
Lateral Thinking Riddles With Answers
1. A baby falls out of a window of a 20-story building, yet survives. How? Answer: The window was on the ground floor.
2. A carrot, a scarf, and five pieces of coal are found lying on your neighbor’s lawn. Nobody put them on the lawn, but there is a simple, logical reason why they are there. What is it? Answer: The items were used by children to build a snowman that has now melted.
3. A couple enters a grand ballroom only to find the occupants dead. There has been no crime committed. The couple is not concerned about what they have found. How is this possible? Answer: The couple is scuba diving on a sunken cruise ship. The occupants in the ballroom had drowned when the ship sank suddenly in a terrible disaster at sea.
Also Find: Best IQ Riddles With Answers
4. A man pushes his car until he reaches a hotel. When he arrives, he goes bankrupt. What happened? Answer: He’s playing Monopoly and his piece is the car. He lands in a space with a hotel and doesn’t have the money to pay the fee.
5. A woman who is in a department store fills her basket to the top and leaves the store without paying. Although she is seen, no one calls the police or attempts to stop her. Why? Answer: The woman works there. She is filling the basket with trash and taking it out to the dumpster.
6. In a room you have a candle, an oil lamp, and wood in a fireplace, but you only have one match. What do you light first? Answer: The match first.
7. The sound of Brian’s snoring is usually just annoying, but today it causes terror and panic. Why? Answer: Brian is a bus driver.
8. You enter a small room. Doors close. When the door opens you are in a different room. How is that possible? Answer: You are in a lift because you use lifts to travel to different floors in a building.
9. You give someone a dollar. You are this person’s brother, but the person is not your brother. How can that be? Answer: It’s your sister.
10. You have 8 balls numbered 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, and 15. Select 3 balls and put them into the circles such that the sum of the numbers on them adds up to 30. Answer: Rotate ball 9 to make it into a 6. Place the balls 6, 11, and 13 to get a sum of 30. All the numbers are odd. There is no way to get an even number, 30, by summing three odd numbers together. At least one even number is required.
Easy Lateral Thinking Riddles With Answers
11. You have 8 small matches, 4 of which are half the length of the other 4. Make three equal squares out of the 8 matches. Answer: Crisscross the big matches. Form squares by placing the smaller matches on both ends.
12. You have two dogs. How can you give one away, yet keep both? Answer: You name one of the dogs as “both”.
13. You intercepted this coded message sent by an enemy operative: YYURYYUBICURYY4ME What message is he sending? Answer: Too wise you are, too wise you be, I see you are too wise for me.
14. You’re riding a horse. To the right of you is a cliff and in front of you is an elephant moving at the same pace and you can’t overtake it. To the left of you is a hippo running at the same speed and a lion is chasing you. How do you get to safety? Answer: You are on a merry-go-round. You just need to get off the merry-go-round.
15. You’re standing in front of 2 identical doors. One leads to heaven, one leads to hell. There is an angel and a devil. They are identical, but the angel always tells the truth, and the devil always lies. How do you find out which door leads to heaven? Answer: Ask either one of them which door “THE OTHER ONE” would tell you was heaven… and that’s the hell door.
16. Look at the 4 dots in the image. Draw 3 straight continuous lines without lifting the pen from the paper and make sure that the lines pass through each of the 4 dots. Answer: You will have to think out of the box for this one.
17. On the table are 2 coins, in total, they make 3 dollars. One of them is not a dollar. What coins are they? Answer: They are a one-dollar coin and a two-dollar coin. One of the coins is not a dollar, but the other coin is.
18. The third man uses a wheelchair, so he rolls out of the room instead of walking out.
19. There are 2 mothers, 2 daughters, 1 grandmother, and 1 granddaughter. How many people are there? Answer: There are 3 people – a grandmother, her daughter, and her granddaughter. The grandmother is a mother to her daughter and her daughter is the mother to the granddaughter.
20. There was this competition where the contestants had to hold ‘something’. At the end of the event, the winner was a physically disabled person with no hands or feet! What was that ‘something’? Answer: Breath
Best Lateral Thinking Riddles
21. There were 3 men. One was deaf, the second was unable to use his voice, and the third was blind. The blind man’s wife was kidnapped by the deaf man. How will the second man reveal this to the blind man? Answer: The second man can use a communication device that can convert text to speech.
22. Three doctors said that Robert was their brother. Robert said he had no brothers. Who is lying? Answer: Neither of them was lying. The doctors were his sisters.
23. Three men enter a room, but only two walk out. The room is empty. Where is the third man?
24. Two men are playing chess. They play five games. Each man wins three games. How is this possible? Answer: The men were not playing with each other. It never said they were. They played chess with other people, and during the five games, each man won three of the games.
25. Two people are born at the same moment, but they don’t have the same birthdays. How is this possible? Answer: They are born at the same moment but in different places with different time zones.
26. What starts with e and ends with e and has one letter in it? Answer: An envelope.
27. What store allows you to walk in with a gun and leave with money? Answer: A pawn shop.
28. When is 99 more than 100? Answer: On a microwave. The timer on a microwave normally has 4 digits – 2 digits to indicate minutes and 2 digits to indicate seconds. Generally when you run a microwave for ’99’ it runs for 1 minute and 39 seconds. When set to ‘100’, it runs for 1 minute.
29. When is it bad luck to meet a white cat? Answer: When you are a mouse.