We can learn a lot from the experience of a 90-year-old man. Because he has 90 years of life experience. Whatever has happened in his life and how he has overcome the challenges and moved forward, is very helpful for us. We can learn from them and apply them in our lives and become successful. That’s why you should read the following life lessons from a 90-year-old man.
Life Lessons From A 90-Year-Old
1. Life is too short for long pity parties. Get busy living or get busy dying.
2. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
3. Life isn’t fair but it’s still good.
4. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
5. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
6. Pay off your credit cards every month.
7. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
8. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
9. Save for retirement, starting with your first pay slip.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12. It’s okay to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. You can get through anything if you stay put in today.
16. A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write.
17. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
18. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
19. Burn the candles; use nice sheets; wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
20. Over prepare then go with the flow.
21. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
22. The most important sex organ is the brain.
23. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
24. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “in five years, will this matter?”
25. Forgive everyone for everything.
26. What other people think of you is none of your business.
27. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
28. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
29. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
30. Believe in miracles.
31. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
32. Growing old beats the alternative – dying young.
33. Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable.
34. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
35. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
36. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
37. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful, or joyful.
38. All that truly matters, in the end, is that you are loved.
39. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
40. The best is yet to come.
41. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
42. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
43. If you don’t ask you don’t get.
45. When in doubt, just take the next small step.