You face many situations in your life. These situations give you many life lessons. Along with learning from your own life, you can also learn a lot from the life experiences of others. An older person who has experienced many things in his life can give you many lessons to you. So you make yourself better by accepting those lessons. That’s why we are sharing 50 Life Lessons from An 80 Years Old Man that will help you become better.
50 Life Lessons from An 80 Years Old Man
1. Always accept an outstretched hand.
2. Answer the phone with enthusiasm and energy in your voice.
3. Avoid sarcastic remarks.
4. Be a good loss.
5. Be a good winner.
6. Be bold and courageous. When you look back on life, you’ll regret the things you didn’t do more than the ones you did.
7. Be brave. Even if you’re not, pretend to be. No one can tell the difference.
8. Be modest. A lot was accomplished before you were born.
9. Be romantic.
10. Become someone’s hero.
11. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
12. Begin each day with some of your favourite music.
13. Beware of the person who has nothing to lose.
14. Choose your life mate carefully.
15. Compliment the meal when you’re a guest in someone’s home.
16. Count your blessings.
17. Don’t allow the phone to interrupt important moments. It’s there for our convenience, not the callers.
18. Don’t burn bridges. You’ll be surprised how many times you have to cross the same river.
19. Don’t expect life to be fair.
20. Give people a second chance, but not a third.
21. Have a firm handshake.
22. If you are in a fight, hit first and hit hard.
23. Keep a notepad and pencil on your bedside table. Million dollar ideas sometimes strike at am.
24. Keep it simple.
25. Keep secrets.
26. Lend only those books that you never care about it.
27. Live your life so that your epitaph could read, ‘no regrets.’
28. Look at people in the eye.
29. Loosen up. Relax. Except for rare life and death matters, nothing is as important as it seems.
30. Make it a habit to do nice things for people who will never find out.
31. Make someone day by paying the toll for the person in the car behind you.
32. Marry only for love.
33. Never deprive someone of hope. It might be all that they have.
34. Never give up on anybody. miracles happen every day.
35. Never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them.
36. Once in a while, take the scenic route.
37. Own a great stereo system.
38. Remember that 0% of the success in any job is based on your ability to deal with people.
39. Remember, no one makes it alone. Have a grateful heart and be quick to acknowledge those who helped you.
40. Send a lot of valentine cards. Sign them, ‘Someone who thinks you are terrific.’
41. Send your loved one’s flowers. Think of a reason later.
42. Show respect for everyone who works for a living, regardless of how trivial their job is.
43. Sing in the shower.
44. Take charge of your attitude. Don’t let someone else choose it for you.
45. Think twice before burdening a friend with a secret.
46. Visit friends and relatives when they are in a hospital. You only stay a few minutes.
47. Wave at the children on a school bus.
48. When playing games with children, let them win.
49. When someone hugs you, let them be the first to go.
We hope you liked the above lessons. Do not forget to mention your favourite line in the comment box below. Also, you can join our motivational Instagram page to get positive daily lines or you can visit our Pinterest page to get motivational images.