Gandhiji led nationwide campaigns to reduce poverty, expand women’s rights, build religious and ethnic unity, abolish untouchability and, above all, achieve Swaraj or self-rule. He has done great things in his life, which is not easy for a common man to do. According to him, do the work before advising others. We have collected some quotes said by Gandhiji to understand action. Let’s see 19 Mahatma Gandhi Inspiring quotes on action that will inspire us.
Mahatma Gandhi Quotes On Action
1. “Action for one’s own self binds, action for the sake of others delivers from bondage.”
2. “My Gita tells me that evil can never result from good action.”
“My Gita tells me that evil can never result from good action.”– Mahatma Gandhi
3. “What is faith worth if it is not translated into action?”
4. “Pure motives can never justify impure or violent action.”
5. “Without devotion, action, and knowledge are cold and dry, and may even become shackles.”
6. “Nonviolent action without the cooperation of the heart and the head cannot produce the intended result.”
7. “Passive resistance seeks to rejoin politics and religion and to test every one of our actions in the light of ethical principles.”
8. “Knowledge and devotion, to be true, have to stand the test of renunciation of the fruits of action.”
9. “If you will express the requisite purity of character in action, you cannot do it better than through the spinning wheel.”
“If you will express the requisite purity of character in action, you cannot do it better than through the spinning wheel.”– Mahatma Gandhi
10. “He who gives up action falls. He who gives up the reward rises. But renunciation of fruit in no way means indifference to the result.”
11. “Prayer presupposes faith. No prayer is in vain. Prayer is like any other action.”
12. “All your scholarship, all your study of Shakespeare and Wordsworth would be vain if at the same time you do not build your character and attain mastery over your thoughts and your actions.”
13. “True prayer is not a prelude to inaction.”
14. “Prayer is not an old woman’s idle amusement. Properly understood and applied, it is the most potent instrument of action.”
15. “Trustworthy action will dispel all mistrust or distrust as the sun dispels the morning mist.”
16. “Thought is never complete unless it finds expression in action and action limits your thought.”
17. “God has given us only a limited sphere of action and a limited vision.”
18. “Under democracy, individual liberty of opinion and action is jealously guarded.”
19. “If you will express the requisite purity of character in action, you cannot do it better than through the spinning wheel.”
Conclusion: I hope you liked the above 19 Mahatma Gandhi Quotes on Action. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You can also read our other motivational quotes from the below list.
Also, you can join our Instagram page to get daily positive lines or you can visit our Pinterest page to get motivational images.