The Bhagavad Gita is the most important religious text of Hinduism. The Bhagavad Gita referred to as a “spiritual dictionary” in India. The Gita’s call for selfless action inspired many leaders of the Indian independence movement. Let’s see how the Bhagavad Gita inspired Gandhiji to lead India for independence. Let’s read 32 Inspiring Quotes on Bhagavad Gita by Mahatma Gandhi.
Mahatma Gandhi Quotes On Bhagavad Gita
1. The Gita is not for those who have no faith.
2. The Gita distinguishes between the powers of light and darkness and demonstrates their incompatibility.
3. The Gita is not an aphoristic work, it is a great religious poem.
4. Salvation of the Gita is perfect peace.
5. A literal interpretation of the Gita lands one in a sea of contradictions.
6. The renunciation of the Gita is the acid test of faith.
7. The sannyasa of the Gita is all work and yet no work.
8. The sannyasa of the Gita will not tolerate complete cessation of activity.
9. Devotion required by the Gita is no soft-hearted effusiveness.
10. The Bible is as much a book of religion with me as the Gita and the Koran.
11. Self-realization is the object of the Gita, as it is of all scriptures.
12. The object of the Gita appears to me to be that of showing the most excellent way to attain self-realization.
13. The message of the Gita is to be found in the second chapter of the Gita where Lord Krishna speaks of the balanced state of mind, of mental equipoise.
14. Time is wealth, and the Gita says the Great Annihilator annihilates those who waste time.
15. According to the letter of the Gita, it is possible to say that warfare is consistent with the renunciation of fruit.
16. The path of bhakti, karma, and love as expounded in the Gita leaves no room for the despising of man by man.
17. I have felt that the Gita teaches us that what cannot be followed in day-to-day practice cannot be called religion.
18. My Gita tells me that evil can never result from a good action.
19. The Gita is not only my Bible and my Koran, it is more than that, it is my mother.
20. I find solace in the Bhagavadgita and Upanishads that I miss even in the Sermon on the Mount.
21. The Gita has become for me the key to the scriptures of the world.
22. Let the Gita be to you a mine of diamonds, as it has been to me; let it be your constant guide and friend on life’s way.
23. My life has been full of external tragedies and if they have not left any visible effect on me, I owe it to the teaching of the Bhagavadgita.
24. In the characteristics of the perfected man of the Gita, I do not see any to correspond to physical warfare.
25. I still somehow or another fancy that “my philosophy” represents the true meaning of the teaching of the Gita.
26. Untouchability, I hold, is a sin, if Bhagavadgita is one of our Divine Books.
27. In order that knowledge may not run riot, the author of the Gita has insisted on devotion accompanying it and has given it the first place.
28. The lives of Zoroaster, Jesus, and Mohammed, as I have understood them, have illumined many a passage in the Gita.
29. The Krishna of the Gita is perfection and right knowledge personified, but the picture is imaginary.
30. A devotee of Rama may be said to be the same as the steadfast one (sthitaprajnya) of the Gita.
31. The seeker is at liberty to extract from this treasure any meaning he likes, so as to enable him to enforce in his life the central teaching.
32. To one who reads the spirit of the Gita, it teaches the secret of nonviolence, the secret of realizing self through the physical body.
Conclusion: I hope you liked the above Mahatma Gandhi Quotes on Bhagavad Gita. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You can also read our other motivational quotes from the below list.