Bhakti means the path of loving devotion to a particular god or deity, which, it is believed, leads to salvation or nirvana. Bhakti is also sometimes described as “love for love’s sake. Read here 9 inspiring quotes said by Mahatma Gandhi on Bhakti (Devotion).
Mahatma Gandhi Quotes On Bhakti
1. “Devotion to Truth is the sole justification for our effusiveness.”
2. “Devotion required by the Gita is not soft-hearted effusiveness.”
3. “Without devotion, action and knowledge are cold and dry, and may even become shackles.”
4. “A devotee may use, if he likes, rosaries, forehead marks, make offerings, but these things are not a test of his devotion.”
5. “A devote of Rama may be said to be the same as the steadfast one (sthitaprajnya) of the Gita.”
6. “The path of bhakti, karma, love, as expounded in the Gita, leaves no room for the despising of man by man.”
7. “Knowledge without devotion will be like a misfire.”
“Knowledge without devotion will be like a misfire.”― Mahatma Gandhi
8. “Renunciation is the central sun, around which devotion, knowledge and the rest revolve like planets.”
9. “In order that knowledge may not run riot, the author of the Gita has insisted on devotion accompanying it and has given it the first place.”
Conclusion: I hope you liked the above Mahatma Gandhi Quotes on Bhakti. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You can also read our other motivational quotes from the below list.