Character is the mental and moral qualities of an individual. Character defines the individual what type of person he is. What is the view of Gandhiji on the character? To understand it let’s read 17 Character Quotes said by Mahatma Gandhi.
Mahatma Gandhi Quotes on Character
1. “Character alone will have a real effect on the masses.”
2. “Your character must be above suspicion and you must be truthful and self-controlled.”
“Your character must be above suspicion and you must be truthful and self-controlled.”― Mahatma Gandhi
3. “What will tell in the end will be character and not a knowledge of letters.”
4. “A language is an exact reflection of the character and growth of its speakers.”
5. “Men of stainless character and self-purification will easily inspire confidence and automatically purify the atmosphere around them.”
6. “Sorrow and suffering make for the character if they are voluntarily borne, but not if they are imposed.”
7. “A dissolute character is more dissolute in thought than indeed, and the same is true of violence.”
8. “If you have no character to lose, people will have no faith in you.”
“If you have no character to lose, people will have no faith in you.”― Mahatma Gandhi
9. “The real property that a parent can transmit to all equally is his or her character and educational facilities.”
10. “A vow imparts stability, ballast, and firmness to one’s character.”
11. “If you will express the requisite purity of character in action, you cannot do it better than through the spinning wheel.”
12. “All your scholarship, all your study of Shakespeare and Wordsworth would be vain if at the same time you do not build your character and attain mastery over your thoughts and your actions.”
13. “In times to come people will not judge us by the creed we profess or the label we wear or the slogans we shout, but, by our work, industry, sacrifice, honesty and purity of character.”
14. “Whatever may be the pros and cons of going to the public theatre, it is a patent fact that it has undermined the morals and ruined the character of many a youth in this country.”
15. “The truest test of civilization, culture, and dignity is character and not clothing.”
“The truest test of civilization, culture, and dignity is character and not clothing.”― Mahatma Gandhi
16. “A language is an exact reflection of the character and growth of its speakers.”
17. “Sorrow and suffering make for the character if they are voluntarily borne, but not if they are imposed.”
Final Words: I hope you liked the above 17 Mahatma Gandhi Quotes on Character. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You can also read our other motivational quotes from the below list.