Max Purcell is an Australian professional tennis player. Recently he has been runners-up in the Australian Open. In this article, we will get some information about him i.e career, ranking, facts, and records. We will get here some recent Max Purcell Quotes from the Australian Open.
Professional Career Ranking and facts
- Purcell qualified for Gimcheon Challenger in South Korea in July 2016 against fellow Australian Andrew Whittington and he won it.
- He was ranked No. 762 in the world-leading tournament, making him the second lowest-ranked player to win an ATP Challenger title in 16 years. He finished the season ranked 324 in the world.
- In 2017, Purcell received a wildcard into the Australian Open doubles event, where he partnered Alex de Minaur. The duo lost in the opening round to Spanish pairing Guillermo García López and Pablo Carreño Busta.
- He made four Futures Tour finals in 2017, claiming three titles. He finished the year ranked No. 277 in the world.
- He reached the men’s doubles final at the 2020 Australian Open with Luke Saville and at the 2022 Australian Open with Matthew Ebden.
- As a junior player, he reached the quarterfinals of the 2016 Australian Open boys’ singles event and semifinals of the boys’ doubles.
- Max also represented Australia at the 2020 Summer Olympics in tennis in singles and doubles, along with John Peers.
- Doubles ranking is world No. 28 achieved on 18 October 2021.
- In January 2022, Purcell made his debut representing Australia at the 2022 ATP Cup. The career-high singles ranking is world No. 173 achieved on 17 January 2022.
Career Ranking of Max Purcell
Max Purcell’s Ranking as Singles:
Max Purcell’s Ranking as Doubles:
Tournament Records of Max Purcell
|Tournament||Surface||Tournament Prize Money||Year|
|Nur-Sultan 3 (Challenger)||hard||–||2021||Singles|
|Toyota (Challenger)||hard (indoor)||$50,000||2017||Doubles|
Max Purcell Quotes
The below Max Purcell Quotes were collected from the latest Australian Open comments.
- “I’m playing with good sportsmanship and having a good time. Not having the crowd yell profanity at my opponents and purposely distracting them in between points.”
- “It’s a great feeling.” an emotional statement by Max Purcell on what the win meant.”
- “I’ve always been thinking ‘I think I’ll make one, but with every Slam that goes past and you don’t, you’re just like ‘will it ever happen?’ This is, just, wow. Such a relief. Especially to do it in my home country.”
- “The last two or three months I’ve really felt like I’ve lifted a bit.”
- “I’ve been really taking care of my diet, my fitness, all the one per-centers … I guess it’s all paying off.”
- “Luke and I play doubles together, so I’m with him almost every week of the year and we’re great mates. It was shattering to see him lose, so I thought I owed it to him to get a win today.”
- “I’ve beaten some guys already in the main draw, so I’m not too far off it. I’m just going to treat it like any other match.”
- “I’ll have the crowd behind me on Monday or Tuesday, and I’m just going to give it everything.”
- “I’m a little surprised.”
- “I wasn’t expecting this coming in, but I’ve played much better than in the Futures events before this.”
- “I’m just trying to get better little by little each day. I’m trying to be more professional in taking care of my body and stretching before matches, and then also playing with more confidence on the court.”
I hope you liked the above Max Purcell Quotes. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You may also like the motivational articles mentioned below:
- Expectation Quotes
- Experience Quotes
- Achievement Quotes
- Friendship Quotes
- Honesty Quotes
- Truth Telling Quotes