Find here some best collected inspiring quotes said by Mother Teresa.
Mother Teresa is a personality who lived not for herself but for others, How to love people selflessly, and how to help them. She has given a great example of humanity. She was recognized as “Mother Teresa” for her service to the blind, old and handicapped.
Mother Teresa was born on 26 August 1910 in Macedonia, not in India. When she was 8 years old, her father died. Mother Teresa left home in 1928 at the age of 18 and went to Ireland. After that, she never saw his mother or his sister again.
She has taught in a school in Calcutta for 17 years & founded the Missionaries of Charity dedicated to the blind and the disabled. In 1952, she established a Dharamshala named “Nirmal Hriday”. In 1962, she was honored with the Padma Shri award.
She was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979 and India’s highest civilian honor Bharat Ratna in 1980. Mother Teresa inspires us to find a way to translate our spiritual beliefs into action in the world. She shares her thoughts and experiences that have led her to do her extraordinary charitable work.
Let’s read 71 Inspiring Quotes said by Mother Teresa to help you understand the real meaning of life.
Mother Teresa Quotes on Real Love
She devoted her life to helping the poor and loved the people. The below quotes from Mother Teresa will help you to know the meaning of real love.
1. “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”
2. “Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”
3. “I am not sure exactly what heaven will be like, but I know that when we die and it comes time for God to judge us, he will not ask, ‘How many good things have you done in your life?’ rather he will ask, ‘How much love did you put into what you did?”
4. “Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.”
5. “Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.”
6. “It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”
7. “If you can’t feed a hundred people, feed just one.”
8. “Love to be real, it must cost—it must hurt—it must empty us of self.”
9. “Love is not patronizing and charity isn’t about pity, it is about love. Charity and love are the same — with charity you give love, so don’t just give money but reach out your hand.”
10. “People are unrealistic, illogical, and self-centered. Love them anyway.”
11. “Prayer in action is love, love in action is service.”
12. “Work without love is slavery.”
13. “Love begins by taking care of the closest ones – the ones at home.”
14. “Joy is a net of love in which you can catch souls.”
15. “Love is a fruit in season at all times and within reach of every hand.”
16. “A joyful heart is the normal result of a heart burning with love. She gives most who gives with joy.”
17. “Jesus said to love one another. He didn’t say love the whole world.”
18. “The greatest science in the world; in heaven and on earth; is love.”
19. “Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your heart to love them. So, spread your love everywhere you go.”
Mother Teresa Quotes on Smile
Read the below-learning quotes about smiles said by Mother Teresa to know the importance of a smile in your life.
21. “Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.”
22. “Let us make one point, that we meet each other with a smile when it is difficult to smile. Smile at each other, make time for each other in your family.”
23. “Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.”
24. “The person who gives with a smile is the best giver because God loves a cheerful giver.”
25. “Smile at each other. Smile at your wife, smile at your husband, smile at your children, smile at each other- it doesn’t matter who it is- and that will help to grow up in greater love for each other.”
26. “Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God’s kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile.”
27. “Be happy at the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.”
Best Inspirational Quotes by Mother Teresa
Below Mother Teresa’s inspirational quotes will help you to know how to live a perfect life.
28. “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.”
29. “God doesn’t require us to succeed, he only requires that you try.”
30. “To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it.”
31. “Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.”
Mother Teresa Quotes on Truth
Some unheard life truth quotes were said by Mother Teresa for gathering knowledge of life.
32. “Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.”
33. “Each of us is merely a small instrument; all of us, after accomplishing our mission, will disappear.”
34. “I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.”
Famous Mother Teresa Quotes
35. “The most terrible poverty is loneliness and the feeling of being unloved.”
36. “The greatest suffering is being lonely, feeling unloved, just having no one… That is the worst disease that any human being can ever experience.”
37. “Do not wait for leaders; do it alone.”
Mother Teresa Quotes on Life
Know the real meaning of life by learning the quotes said by Mother Teresa.
38. “Live simply so others may simply live.”
39. “A life not lived for others is not a life.”
40. “Life is a game, play it.”
41. “Pain and suffering have come into your life, but remember the pain, sorrow, suffering are the sign that you have come so close to Him that He can kiss you.”
42. “Profound joy of the heart is like a magnet that indicates the path of life.”
43. “Some people come in our life as blessings. Some come in your life as lessons.”
44. “We know only too well that what we are doing is nothing more than a drop in the ocean. But if the drop were not there, the ocean would be missing something.”
45. “I do not pray for success, I ask for faithfulness.”
Mother Teresa Quotes on God & Prayer
Inspirational Quotes said by Mother Teresa to help you to have faith in God.
46. “I’m a little pencil in the hand of a writing God, who is sending a love letter to the world.”
47. “Prayer is not asking. Prayer is putting oneself in the hands of God.”
48. “God made the world for the delight of human beings.”
49. “Give yourself fully to God. He will use you to accomplish great things on the condition that you believe much more in His love than in your weakness.”
50. “May God breaks my heart so completely that the whole world falls in.”
51. “If we pray we will believe, If we believe we will love, If we love, we will serve.”
52. “Spread the love of God through your life but only use words when necessary.”
53. “In the silence of the heart God speaks.”
54. “If you face God in prayer and silence, God will speak to you.”
55. “God is the friend of silence.”
56. “See how nature – trees, flowers, grass grows in silence; see the stars, the moon, and the sun, how they move in silence. We need silence to be able to touch souls.”
Mother Teresa Quotes on Peace
Know the real meaning of peace and the ways to achieve peace in your life with help of Quotes said by Mother Teresa.
57. “The Simple Path. Silence is Prayer, Prayer is Faith, Faith is Love, Love is Service, The Fruit of Service is Peace.”
58. “We do not need guns and bombs to bring peace, we need love and compassion.”
Mother Teresa Quotes on Humanity
59. “At the end of life we will not be judged by how many diplomas we have received, how much money we have made, how many great things we have done. We will be judged by “I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat, I was naked and you clothed me. I was homeless, and you took me in.”
60. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.”
61. “He who is faultless does not care for the opinion of others.”
62. “Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time and always start with the person nearest you.”
63. “Give, but give until it hurts.”
64. “Hungry for love, He looks at you. Thirsty for kindness, He begs of you. Naked for loyalty, He hopes in you. Homeless for shelter in your heart, He asks of you. Will you be that one to Him?”
65. “I must be willing to give whatever it takes to do good to others. This requires that I be willing to give until it hurts. Otherwise, there is no true love in me, and I bring injustice, not peace, to those around me.”
66. “The way you help heal the world is you start with your own family.”
67. “One truly must have suffered oneself to help others.”
68. “When a poor person dies of hunger it has not happened because God did not take care of him or her. It has happened because neither you nor I wanted to give that person what he or she needed.”
69. “Humility is the mother of all virtues.”
70. “If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are. If you are blamed you will not be discouraged. If they call you a saint you will not put yourself on a pedestal.”
71. “We learn humility through accepting humiliations cheerfully.”
I hope you liked the above Mother Teresa Quotes. You can also read our other motivational quotes from the below list.
- Mahatma Gandhi Ahimsa Quotes
- APJ Abdul Kalam Powerful Quotes
- Sachin Tendulkar Quotes
- Oscar Wilde Quotes