Here are the best movie trivia questions with answers to test your knowledge of how much you know about the movies. Trivia Questions are the best fun way to test your knowledge in the knowledge-growing process.
General Movie Trivia Questions With Answers
1. For which films did Tom Hanks receive an Academy Award for Best Actor? Answer: Philadelphia (1994) & Forrest Gump (1995)
2. How many Academy Awards has actress Meryl Streep been nominated for, and how many has she won? Answer: She has been nominated 21 times and won 3 Oscars
3. How many hours did it originally take to get Jim Carrey to look like the Grinch for the film How the Grinch Stole Christmas? Answer: 8.5 hours
4. How many times was actor Leonard DiCaprio nominated for an Oscar before winning Best Actor in 2016? Answer: Six
5. How old was Indiana Jones when his mother died? Answer: 12
6. In Rogue One, what is the Empire removing from the holy city on Jedha? Answer: Kyber Crystals
7. In the Disney film The Little Mermaid, what does Ariel call the fork in her collection of human objects? Answer: Dinglehopper
Also Find: Music Trivia With Answers
8. In The Fellowship of the Ring, what is the name of the ferry the hobbits use to escape the black riders? Answer: Bucklebury Ferry
9. In the film Rocky, what are Rocky’s pet turtles’ names? Answer: Cuff & Link
10. In which year were the Academy Awards first presented? Answer: 1929
11. What are the names of the stepsisters from Disney’s Cinderella? Answer: Anastasia & Drizella
12. What is a nickname for the Academy Awards? Answer: The Oscars
13. What is Indiana Jones’ weapon of choice? Answer: A whip
14. What is the current highest-grossing film of all time? Answer: Avenger: Endgame
15. What is the first song you hear in Disney’s The Lion King? Answer: “The Circle of Life”
16. What is the highest-grossing animated film in history? Answer: Frozen 2
17. What is the name of Repunzal’s chameleon in Disney’s movie Tangled? Answer: Pascal
18. What is the symbolism of the crow crowing three times in the Godfather movies? Answer: Death
19. What kind of flower was enchanted and dying in the movie Beauty and the Beast? Answer: A rose
Movie Trivia Questions For Kids With Answers
20. What popular Disney character makes an appearance as a stuffed animal in the film Frozen? Answer: Mickey Mouse
21. What was Burt’s profession in Mary Poppins? Answer: Chimney Sweeper
22. What was the name of the boat in Jaws? Answer: Orca
23. What was the name of the character Jack Nicholson played in the film One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest? Answer: Randle Patrick McMurphy
24. What year did Noah and Ally meet in the film The Notebook? Answer: 1940
25. What year did Sean Connery star in the James Bond movie Dr. No? Answer: 1962
26. Where was the entire trilogy of Lord of the Rings filmed? Answer: New Zealand
27. Which actor danced his way to fame in the original version of Footloose? Answer: Kevin Bacon
28. Which actor starred in the 1961 movie The Hustler? Answer: Paul Newman
29. Which actress has won the most Academy Awards in history? Answer: Katherine Hepburn with 4 Academy Awards
30. Which actress won an Oscar for her first film role in Mary Poppins? Answer: Julie Andrews
31. Which Disney movie was the first full-length, animated feature produced in the United States? Answer: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
32. Which film written, directed, and produced by James Cameron went on to become the highest-grossing film of its time? Answer: Titanic
33. Which Indiana Jones film sparked the controversy that led to the creation of the PG-13 rating? Answer: Temple of Doom
34. Which James Bond movie was the first for Pierce Brosnan as 007? Answer: GoldenEye
35. Which movie is the first non-English language film to win an Oscar for Best Picture? Answer: Parasite
36. Who played the voice of Dory in the film Finding Dory? Answer: Ellen DeGeneres
37. Who starred in the original version of the film A Star is Born? Answer: Janet Gaynor & Fredric March
38. Who was the first actress to ever win an Academy Award? Answer: Janet Gaynor
Movie Trivia Quiz Questions For Teens With Answers
39. Who was the first African American to win the Academy Award for best actor? Answer: Sidney Poitier
40. Al Pacino plays the devil in Devil’s Advocate, but in which movie the devil is played by his ‘rival’, Robert De Niro? Answer: Angel Heart.
41. For what movie did Steven Spielberg win his first Oscar for Best Director? Answer: Schindler’s List
42. For what movie did Tom Hanks score his first Academy Award nomination? Answer: Big
43. In The Matrix, does Neo take the blue pill or the red pill? Answer: Red
44. In what 1950 drama does Bette Davis say, “Fasten your seatbelts; it’s going to be a bumpy night”? Answer: All About Eve
45. In what 1976 thriller does Robert De Niro famously say “You talkin’ to me?” Answer: Taxi Driver
46. In what year was the film Good Will Hunting released? Answer: 1997
47. In which movie Michael Shannon and Ashley Judd portrays a couple that deals with the bug problem of a motel room? Answer: William Friedkin’s Bug.
48. In which movie the character awakens to a future where he’s the most intelligent person alive? Answer: Idiocracy.
49. The theme from The Third Man (also called “The Harry Lime Theme” was performed on what instrument? Answer: Zither
50. What 1927 musical was the first “talkie”? Answer: The Jazz Singer
51. What critically panned 1984 country-musical comedy starring Dolly Parton and Sylvester Stallone eventually became a cult classic? Answer: Rhinestone
52. What flavor of Pop Tarts does Buddy the Elf use in his spaghetti in Elf? Answer: Chocolate
53. What is Jack-Jack’s real name in The Incredibles? Answer: It’s John Jackson.
54. What is the name of one of the most acclaimed international directors that directed Snowpiercer, Okja and Paradise? Answer: Bong Joon Ho.
55. What is the name of the courtesan played by Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge! Answer: Satine
56. What is the name of the iconic Chuck Berry song that was used in the twist dance scene in Pulp Fiction? Answer: “You Can Never Tell”. Take your shoes off while listening.
57. What is the song of the unforgettable generic scene of The Watchmen? Answer: The Times They Are a-Changing” by Bob Dylan. In real life, it’s your call. But it is drastically changed in this movie.
Modern Movie Trivia With Answers
58. What is the very first animal seen in Disney’s The Lion King? Answer: Rhinoceros
59. What song Mr. Blonde was dancing to in the unforgettable torture scene in Tarantino’s Reservoir Dogs? Answer: “Stuck in the Middle with You” by Stealers Wheel.
60. What TV show was Jack Nicholson referencing when he ad-libbed “Here’s Johnny!” in The Shining? Answer: The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson
61. What’s the name of the anthemic dance near the beginning of The Rocky Horror Picture Show? Answer: “The Time Warp”
62. What’s the name of the skyscraper in Die Hard? Answer: Nakatomi Plaza
63. Which comedian did not learn to swim before he was 55 although the pool that he has in his home? Answer: Chris Rock.
64. Which director is the only one with a completed trilogy on MCU? Answer: Jon Wattson with the freshest Spider-Man trilogy.
65. Which Don’t Look Up actor stated that the notion for the character was “What if Fyre Festival was a person?”? Answer: Jonah Hill for the Josan Orlean.
66. Which famous actor said, “I’m sorry my existence is not very noble or sublime.”? Answer: He’s Keanu Reeves. Who else could it be to say so, right?
67. Which female artist has the most Academy award? Answer: Edith Head has 8 Oscars for Costume Design.
68. Which masterpiece of film-noir movie’s tagline is “From the moment they met it was murder.”? Answer: Double Indemnity.
69. Which movie has become the first film to cost $200 million and to earn more than $1 billion worldwide? Answer: James Cameron’s Titanic. What else could it be?
70. Which superstar of Charlie’s Angels was high-school friends with Snoop Dogg? Answer: Cameron Diaz.
71. Which Tropic Thunder character was based on the combination of Russel Crowe, Daniel Day-Lewis and Colin Farrell? Answer: Kirk Lazarus, the sensational character that was portrayed by Robert Downey Jr.
72. Which Wes Anderson movie has been inspired by Akira Kurosawa’s movies? Answer: Isle of Dogs.
73. Who is one of the 6 directors that has won the Best Director Award with a debut movie? Answer: Sam Mendes with American Beauty.
74. Who is the voice of Alex, the Lion in Madagascar? Answer: Ben Stiller.
75. Who is the youngest Best Actor Academy Award winner? Answer: Adrien Brody with his astonishing performance at The Pianist. He was 29.
76. Who played park owner John Hammond in Jurassic Park? Answer: Richard Attenborough
77. Who was the first solo female host of the Oscars? Answer: Whoopi Goldberg