Nykaa IPO share allotment is going to happen on Monday, 8th November 2021. Find here the journey of Nykaa, the first company in the beauty and wellness segment in India to list on the share market.
Nykaa is an Indian e-commerce company that was founded by Falguni Nayar in 2012. The brand name Nykaa is derived from the Sanskrit word “nayaka“, meaning ‘one in the spotlight’.
It sells beauty, wellness, and fashion products across websites, mobile apps, and 76 offline stores that are manufactured in India as well as internationally.
In 2020, It became the first unicorn startup in India, is led by a woman entrepreneur with a valuation of ₹85 billion (US$1.1 billion). In 2020, it sells over 2,000 brands and 200,000 products across its platforms.
Brands of Nykaa
Nykaa has many in-house beauty and fashion brands including:
- Nykaa House of Brands like Nykaa Naturals, Nykaa Cosmetics, Kay Beauty
- Nykaa Fashion brands like Nykd by Nykaa, 20 Dresses, RSVP, Mondano, Likha, Pipa Bella.
Nykaa in 2012
- The eCommerce company Nykaa was launched by Falguni Nayar as an eCommerce portal curating a range of beauty and wellness products.
Nykaa in 2014
- In July 2014: Nykaa Opens the first physical store at Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi.
- It raises Rs 20 crore in seed funding from Indra Banga, Narotam Sekhsaria, and others.
Nykaa in 2015
- The company expanded from online-only to an omnichannel model and began selling fashion products.
- In October 2015: Scoops up $9.5 million led by Atul Nishar in Series B round.
Nykaa in 2018
- The company raises Rs 750 crore and Rs 165 crore from a bunch of investors in the Series D round and followed by Rs 113 crore raised from Lighthouse Funds and TVS Capital.
- Nykaa launched Nykaa Man, India’s first multi-brand eCommerce store for men’s grooming.
- Nykaa expanded into fashion by launching Nykaa Design Studio, which was renamed Nykaa Fashion.
Nykaa in 2019
- In May 2019, Nykaa acquired a private women’s styling platform 20Dresses.com.
- Nykaa launched its first celebrity partnership brand, Kay Beauty, with actress Katrina Kaif.
- Nykaa Fashion launched ‘The Power List’ in partnership with Vogue India.
Nykaa in 2020
- Nykaa launched Nykaa PRO, a premium membership program that provides users special access to professional beauty products and offers via the Nykaa App.
- In March 2020, Nykaa raised ₹100 crores (US$13 million) from Steadview Capital and became a unicorn startup with a valuation of ₹85 billion (US$1.1 billion).
- In May 2020: It raises ₹67 crores (US$8.9 million) funding again by Steadview.
- In October 2020, Bollywood actresses Alia Bhatt and Katrina Kaif invested undisclosed amounts in the company through secondary funding.
- In November 2020, global asset management firm Fidelity invested in the company through a secondary sale of shares from an existing equity investor.
- In Dec 2020, Nykaa Fashion launched its first store in Delhi, making the fashion business omnichannel.
- Nykaa launched a web miniseries called The Beauty Bar.
Nykaa in 2021
- In June 2021: Adds home decor in Nykaa Fashion.
- Nykaa Fashion acquired the Indian fashion jewelry brand, Pipa Bella.
- Nykaa partnered with GiveIndia to contribute towards Covid-19 relief initiatives.
- In October 2021, Nykaa received approval from the Securities and Exchange Board of India to float an initial public offering (IPO) on the Indian markets. Nykaa IPO Released.
- Nykaa is the first company in the beauty and wellness segment in India to list on the share market.
Note: Nykaa is the only retailer in India that sells international brands like e.l.f, Charlotte Tilbury, Tonymoly, Becca, Sigma, Limecrime, Dermalogica, and Murad.
We hope you liked the Article “Nykaa IPO: Find the journey of Nykaa from founding to IPO”. You may like the below articles.