Find here the best quotes about worry to get the motivation to live your present.
Worry is a part of everyone’s life. Thinking about what did not happen or what is going to happen again and again and being afraid is known as worry.
Worry does not give anything to a person but encourages negative thoughts for him. We all have worries in our lives that can sometimes feel overwhelming. Whether it’s a job interview, a test, or a relationship, our minds can become consumed with anxiety and fear. That’s why I’ve compiled a list of some of the most inspiring and thought-provoking quotes about worry to help you find peace and perspective. These quotes will remind you that worrying does not solve anything and that it’s important to focus on the present moment rather than constantly fretting about the future.
Inspiring Quotes about Worry
Find the below inspiring worry quotes that will help you to live in the present moment to avoid worry in your life.
1. Author: Roy T. Bennett, Quote: “Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.” – This quote tells us that instead of wasting our time and energy on things we can’t change or control, we should focus on the things we can actually do something about. It inspires us to be productive and creative, directing our efforts towards making positive changes.
2. Author: Roy T. Bennett, Quote: “If you want to be happy, do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present.” – This quote reminds us that dwelling on the past or constantly worrying about the future can steal our happiness in the present moment. It encourages us to live in the here and now, appreciating the present and finding joy in the moment.
3. Author: Roy T. Bennett, Quote: “No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future.” – This quote emphasizes that regret and worry are futile because they can’t alter what’s already happened or what might happen in the future. It encourages us to let go of these negative emotions and focus on the present and the actions we can take.
4. Author: J R R Tolkien, Quote: “The whole thing is quite hopeless, so it’s no good worrying about tomorrow. It probably won’t come.” – This quote, with a touch of humor, suggests that worrying about the future is often unnecessary because many of the things we fear may never actually occur. It inspires us to not let anxiety about tomorrow consume us and to face it when it arrives.
5. Author: Lailah Gifty Akita, Quote: “We worry too much about the future. And fail to enjoy the moment.” – This quote points out that excessive worrying about the future can prevent us from fully enjoying the present. It encourages us to appreciate the here and now, finding happiness in the moment instead of constantly fretting about what’s to come.
6. Author: Corrie Ten Boom, Quote: “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.” – This quote tells us that worrying doesn’t change what will happen in the future, but it does take away our strength and happiness in the present. It inspires us to be strong and live fully in the moment, rather than being drained by worry.
7. Author: Ziad K. Abdelnour, Quote: “Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn’t change anything. It messes with your mind and steals your happiness.” – This quote straightforwardly states that worrying is a pointless and harmful activity. It doesn’t solve problems but instead robs us of our peace of mind and happiness. It motivates us to let go of unnecessary worries.
8. Author: Marcus Aurelius, Quote: “Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.” – This quote encourages us to be rational and composed when facing the future. It reminds us that the same wisdom and reasoning we use in the present can help us handle what comes our way in the future, so there’s no need to be overly anxious about it.
9. Author: Cave Man, Quote: “When you suffer for things that are yet to happen, you suffer only in your imagination.” – This quote reminds us that when we worry about things that haven’t happened yet, we’re essentially suffering because of our imagination. It inspires us to focus on real issues and not let our imagination create unnecessary suffering.
10. Author: Dalai Lama XIV, Quote: “If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it’s not fixable, then there is no help in worrying.” – This quote tells us that worrying is only useful when there’s something we can do to fix the problem. If it’s beyond our control, worrying won’t help. It encourages us to take action when we can and let go of worry when there’s nothing we can do.
11. Author: Eckhart Tolle, Quote: “Worry pretends to be necessary but serves no useful purpose.” – This quote suggests that worry often disguises itself as something necessary, but in reality, it doesn’t serve any useful purpose. It inspires us to question the value of our worries and to focus on more constructive actions.
12. Author: Ana Monnar, Quote: “Whatever is going to happen will happen, whether we worry or not.” – This quote reminds us that the future is uncertain, and worrying doesn’t change the outcome. It inspires us to accept that some things are beyond our control and to stop worrying needlessly.
13. Author: Benjamin Franklin, Quote: “Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.” – This quote advises us not to dwell on potential problems or events that may never occur. Instead, it encourages us to stay in a positive and optimistic mindset, focusing on the bright side of life.
14. Author: Shannon L. Alder, Quote: “When you spend time worrying, you’re simply using your imagination to create things you don’t want.” – This quote highlights that worrying is like using your imagination to conjure up negative scenarios. It inspires us to redirect our imagination towards positive thoughts and actions, rather than dwelling on what we don’t desire.
15. Author: Rob Liano, Quote: “Worry is stressing about a situation that may or may not occur and it’s always in the negative sense.” – This quote defines worry as a form of stress related to potential situations, often in a negative way. It inspires us to avoid unnecessary stress and stay focused on the positive aspects of life.
16. Author: Osho, Quote: “Worry is a way to fill the empty space of the future.” – This quote suggests that we often use worry to occupy our thoughts about the unknown future. It inspires us to embrace uncertainty with an open mind and not fill it with unnecessary anxiety.
17. Author: Lailah Gifty Akita, Quote: “Worries are wasted energies. You can have a joyful life when you let go of your worries.” – This quote tells us that worrying is an energy-draining activity that doesn’t lead to a joyful life. It encourages us to let go of our worries and focus on the things that bring us happiness and peace.
18. Author: Randy Armstrong, Quote: “Worrying does not take away tomorrow’s troubles. It takes away today’s peace.” – This quote reminds us that worrying doesn’t solve future problems; it only robs us of our present peace and happiness. It inspires us to live in the moment and let go of unnecessary worry.
19. Author: Jodi Picoult, Quote: “If you spent your life concentrating on what everyone else thought of you, would you forget who you really were?” – This quote inspires us to focus on our true selves and not constantly worry about what others think of us. It reminds us that our own identity and happiness are more important than trying to meet other people’s expectations.
20. Author: Sarvesh Jain, Quote: “It’s a good thing to worry for someone, but don’t make your concern their cause of new worry.” – This quote encourages us to show concern and care for others, but it also advises us not to burden them with our worries. It inspires us to be supportive without adding to someone else’s stress.
21. Author: Shannon L. Alder, Quote: “Worry is like a roller coaster ride that you think will take you somewhere, but it never does.” – This quote likens worry to a roller coaster that seems thrilling but ultimately goes nowhere. It inspires us to let go of unnecessary worry and focus on more productive and meaningful pursuits.
22. Author: Michael Corthell, Quote: “Death will only kill you once; worrying kills you a little every day.” – This quote reminds us that the fear of death is a one-time event, while worrying about various things can take a toll on us every day. It inspires us to not let worry eat away at our well-being.
23. Author: M.F. Moonzajer, Quote: “Do not worry about winning or losing; think of what you will gain.” – This quote encourages us not to be overly concerned about the outcome of a situation. Instead, it inspires us to focus on what we can learn and gain from the experience, whether we win or lose.
24. Author: Phillip Andrew Barbb, Quote: “We never have to worry about our reputation, when we take ownership of our character.” – This quote emphasizes the importance of having a strong character. When we prioritize our character, our reputation will take care of itself. It inspires us to be genuine and authentic.
25. Author: Jorge P. Guerrero, Quote: “Don’t worry when people conspire to bring you down. Remember, when you’re down, the ground on your back is much stronger than the air above their heads.” – This quote advises us not to be troubled by those who try to undermine us. It reminds us that we can be resilient even in difficult times. It inspires us to stay strong and not let others’ negative intentions affect us.
26. Author: Cate Tiernan, Quote: “If you can change things, change them, but don’t waste time worrying about things you can’t change.” – This quote suggests that it’s more productive to focus on changing things that are within our control rather than worrying about things we can’t change. It inspires us to use our energy wisely.
27. Author: John Locke, Quote: “What worries you masters you.” – This quote highlights that excessive worry can have a strong influence over us. It inspires us to be mindful of our worries and to not let them dominate our thoughts and actions.
I hope you liked the above Inspiring quotes about worry. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You may also like the motivational quotes mentioned below:
Quotes source: Goodreads