Check out some of the best collections of river riddles, fun puzzle questions, and brain teasers for kids and adults here. And to solve these riddles we are also sharing the answer to the question.
River Riddles For Kids With Answers
1. Early Shoshone Native Americans made a curved shape with their hands to convey to early explorers, “This river has a good run of salmon”. Europeans mistook the sign and named the river what? Answer: Snake
2. I have a bed but I do not sleep. I have a mouth but I don’t eat. You hear me whisper, but I never talk. You can see me run, yet I never walk. What am I? Answer: A river.
3. I have no legs. I will never walk, but always run. What am I? Answer: A river.
4. If you were sitting at a riverside cafe in Rouen, France, what river would you be watching flow by? Answer: Seine
5. India was named after the River Indus. What is Indus called in Hindi? Answer: Sindhu
6. The Amazon, the world’s largest river in terms of discharge volume, travels through six countries. How many national capitals are located on this river? Answer: Answer: Zero
7. This river in England separates Manchester and Salford city centers. It flows near the heart of Manchester city center to become the start of the “Big Ditch”. What is this river called? Answer: River Irwell
River Riddles For Adults With Answers
8. This river in South Africa is called the Apies after an animal that once thrived there but in modern times encountered troubles. Jane Goodall might approve of the name. What does “apies” mean? Answer: Little Apes
9. What has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps, can run but never walks, and has a bank but no money? Answer: A river.
10. What has five eyes, but cannot see? Answer: The Mississippi River.
11. Where do fish deposit their money? Answer: On the river bank.
12. Where do fish wash? Answer: In a river basin.
13. Why is a river rich? Answer: It has two banks.
14. You enter the Hudson River Estuary from Upper New York Bay. Your goal is Albany, the state capital of New York. In which direction will you be going? Answer: North
(Image source: freepik.com)