The phrase “Rome wasn’t built in a day” is a popular adage that reminds us of the importance of patience and perseverance in achieving our goals. This saying has been passed down through the ages and is often used to encourage people to be patient and not give up on their dreams. The phrase is also a reminder that great things take time and hard work to accomplish, much like the ancient city of Rome, which took centuries to build. In this article, we will explore some of the most inspiring “Rome wasn’t built in a day” quotes that will remind you to stay focused and work hard towards your goals.
You can also read other proverbs-related quotes such as Still Waters Run Deep and Curiosity Killed the Cat.
Inspiring ‘Rome Wasn’t Built in a Day’ Quotes
1. “You are the author of your success, daily writing a new page to the book of your life. Be inspired. Believe in yourself. Practice becoming an excellent person at what you want. Rome wasn’t built in a day, so have patience, as you build your life with success and boldness.” ― Mark F. LaMoure
2. “Building a house every day does not necessarily mean that you are building a house every day.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
3. “If at first, you don’t succeed, try, try again” or “Rome wasn’t built in a day.” ― Carol S. Dweck
4. “Rome wasn’t built in a day, but it burned in one.” ― John Heywood
5. “Well, it would come in time. Rome wasn’t built in a day, nor Akron, Ohio, for that matter. And the place didn’t matter. The place where you made your stand never mattered. Only that you were there… and still on your feet.” ― Stephen King
6. “Rome wasn’t built in a day Definition: things take time to happen; change happens slowly; good things don’t happen in one day” ― Darin French
7. “Rome wasn’t built in a day, but the cheap, knockoff snow globes of Rome probably were. Anything real and genuine takes time, while anything phony makes it obvious you haven’t put in the work.” ― Joel B. Randall
8. “Well, for one thing, there are no shortcuts to excellence. Developing real expertise, and figuring out really hard problems, all take time—longer than most people imagine. And then, you know, you’ve got to apply those skills and produce goods or services that are valuable to people. Rome wasn’t built in a day.” ― Angela Duckworth
9. “Rome wasn’t built in a day. Even God took six days to create this entire world. You will not get it all in one day so take the time to do your research. Get to know a product, person, machine…know how to operate them well before proceeding to use them.” ― Marcia M Edwards
10. “Rome wasn’t built in one day, just like our relationship didn’t happen in the blink of an eye.” ― Claudia Y. Burgoa
Image made with Canva.