Self-esteem is a person’s belief in one’s own potential, one’s own worth, own thought process. As Nathaniel Brandon said in his book “Six Pillars of Self-Esteem,” “Self-esteem is the reputation we acquire with ourselves.” It helps a person feel good about himself and helps in better decision-making, relationships, emotional health, and overall well-being. Once you are able to build up your self-esteem, it will help you take positive action to achieve your goal. Here we are sharing the 28 best self-esteem quotes that will help you to develop your self-esteem to give value to yourself.
Find here some motivational quotes that will help you to value yourself in every situation.
1. Author: Nathaniel Branden, Quote: “Self-esteem is the reputation we acquire with ourselves.” – This quote tells us that self-esteem is like the way we see ourselves. It’s about what we think of ourselves. If we think highly of ourselves, our self-esteem is strong. If we think poorly of ourselves, our self-esteem is low. So, it inspires us to build a good reputation with ourselves by thinking positively about who we are.
Motivational quotes will help you to be who are you, do what you want.
2. Author: Marilyn Monroe, Quote: “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.” – Marilyn Monroe’s quote reminds us that it’s not a good idea to try to be like someone else. We should appreciate and make the most of who we are. Trying to be someone else is like throwing away the unique and special person that we are. This inspires us to embrace our individuality.
3. Author: Shannon L. Alder, Quote: “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” – This quote tells us that pretending to be someone we’re not just to please others is a big regret. It inspires us to be true to ourselves and not change who we are to fit someone else’s idea of who we should be.
4. Author: Ayn Rand, Quote: “The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.” – Ayn Rand’s quote emphasizes that if we don’t see our own worth, we won’t be able to appreciate or value anything else in life, including the people around us. It encourages us to recognize our own value and build self-esteem.
5. Author: Nathaniel Branden, Quote: “Your life is important. Honor it. Fight for your highest possibilities.” – This quote reminds us that our life is valuable, and we should treat it with respect. It encourages us to work towards achieving our full potential and not give up on our dreams.
6. Author: Robert Hand, Quote: “The better you feel about yourself, the less you feel the need to show off.” – This quote suggests that when we have strong self-esteem and feel good about who we are, we don’t need to constantly seek attention or validation from others. It inspires us to be confident in ourselves without the need to show off.
7. Author: Jennifer Elisabeth, Quote: “The only way that you can identify and then fulfill your life’s purpose is for you to love yourself, charge up your life, and serve the world.” – This quote tells us that in order to find and fulfill our life’s purpose, we must first love ourselves, take charge of our own lives, and then use our strengths and talents to make a positive impact on the world. It inspires us to start by valuing and caring for ourselves.
8. Author: Nathaniel Branden, Quote: “My life does not belong to others and I am not here on earth to live up to someone else’s expectations.” – Nathaniel Branden’s quote reminds us that our life is our own, and we shouldn’t live it according to what others expect from us. It encourages us to live our life on our terms and be true to ourselves.
9. Author: Steve Maraboli, Quote: “You have a unique gift to offer this world. Be true to yourself, be kind to yourself, read and learn about everything that interests you and keep away from people who bring you down.” – This quote tells us that each of us has something special to offer to the world. It inspires us to be authentic, take care of ourselves, explore our interests, and avoid people who don’t support us. It encourages us to embrace our uniqueness and potential.
10. Author: Steve Maraboli, Quote: “When you treat yourself kindly and respect the uniqueness of those around you, you will be giving this world an amazing gift… YOU!” – This quote inspires us to be kind to ourselves and appreciate the differences in others. By doing this, we not only improve our own lives but also make the world a better place. It encourages us to recognize our own value and the value of others.
11. Author: Miya Yamanouchi, Quote: “Remember that this is YOUR LIFE, and nothing is more important than YOU.” – This quote reminds us that our life is our own, and we should prioritize ourselves. It inspires us to take care of our well-being and happiness because, in the end, nothing is more important than our own life and our own well-being.
12. Author: Louise Hay, Quote: “You’ve been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – This quote suggests that being hard on ourselves and constantly finding faults doesn’t lead to positive change. Instead, it encourages us to be kind to ourselves and see how self-approval and self-love can make a positive difference in our lives.
13. Author: Deborah Day, Quote: “You will be your best self when you take time to understand what you really need, feel, and want.” – This quote inspires us to pay attention to our own needs, feelings, and desires. When we understand ourselves better, we can become the best version of ourselves. It encourages us to prioritize self-awareness.
14. Author: BK Shivani, Quote: “If we know our accurate identity and value, then other people’s opinions cannot influence us.” – This quote suggests that when we truly know and value ourselves, the opinions of others won’t have a strong impact on us. It inspires us to be confident in our own worth and not be overly influenced by what others think of us.
15. Author: BK Shivani, Quote: “If we know our own value, and if someone does not behave that way with us, he does not speak to us according to our value, then I need to be Stable.” – This quote encourages us to be strong and stable in our sense of self-worth. If someone doesn’t treat us with the respect we deserve, it suggests that we should remain emotionally steady and not let their behavior affect us negatively.
16. Author: Michael Bassey Johnson, Quote: “Don’t devalue yourself, you are the world’s most precious stone.” – This quote reminds us not to underestimate our own worth. It tells us that we are incredibly valuable, just like a precious stone. It inspires us to recognize and cherish our uniqueness and value.
17. Author: Rashedur Ryan Rahman, Quote: “Your VISION and your self-willingness is the MOST powerful elements to conquer your goal.” – This quote highlights the importance of having a clear vision for your life and the determination to achieve your goals. It inspires us to understand that our vision and determination are the most potent tools for success.
18. Author: Rashedur Ryan Rahman, Quote: “Your every positive action in your life will increase your self-esteem and this self-esteem will boost you for more positive action to take you on success.” – This quote emphasizes the positive cycle of self-esteem and action. When we take positive actions, our self-esteem grows, and in turn, higher self-esteem motivates us to take more positive actions. It inspires us to start this cycle by making positive choices in our lives.
19. Author: Rashedur Ryan Rahman, Quote: “Give yourself a great self-respect to know who you are then your confidence will shine on you.” – This quote encourages us to have a strong sense of self-respect, which means understanding and valuing ourselves. When we know who we are and appreciate our qualities, it naturally boosts our confidence. This confidence can then make us shine and succeed.
20. Author: Asmaa Dokmak, Quote: “To build self-esteem, you have to outface your negative beliefs about yourself and change them.” – This quote tells us that in order to improve our self-esteem, we must confront the negative thoughts we have about ourselves. By facing these beliefs and changing them to more positive ones, we can work on building our self-esteem.
21. Author: Israelmore Ayivor, Quote: “Leaders know the great deal of productivity that comes out of strong self-esteem. They help others to develop this esteem so that productivity can increase.” – This quote emphasizes that strong self-esteem leads to higher productivity. It inspires us to understand that leaders not only value their own self-esteem but also help others develop it, knowing that this can boost productivity in both themselves and their teams.
22. Author: Israelmore Ayivor, Quote: “Leaders with high esteem are high performers.” – This quote highlights that leaders who have high self-esteem tend to be high achievers. It inspires us to focus on building our self-esteem to excel and perform well in our endeavors.
23. Author: Tisha Marie Payton, Quote: “Stop caring about what other people think of you, how they perceive you, or if they approve of you. Start to focus on your inner peace.” – This quote encourages us to stop worrying about what others think of us and instead focus on our own inner peace and well-being. It inspires us to prioritize our happiness over seeking approval from others.
24. Author: Tisha Marie Payton, Quote: “You cannot be happy if you constantly compete with others for public approval.” – This quote reminds us that if we’re always trying to compete with others for public approval or validation, it’s difficult to find true happiness. It inspires us to be content with who we are and not rely on external approval for our happiness.
25. Author: Roy T. Bennett, Quote: “Believe in your infinite potential. Your only limitations are those you set upon yourself.” – This quote tells us to have faith in our endless potential. It inspires us to understand that the only limits we have are the ones we place on ourselves. It encourages us to break free from self-imposed limitations.
26. Author: Roy T. Bennett, Quote: “You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine.” – This quote is a reminder that we often underestimate ourselves. It inspires us to recognize our bravery, talents, and capabilities, which may be greater than we realize. It encourages us to have more confidence in ourselves.
27. Author: Michael Bassey Johnson, Quote: “If you truly want to be respected by people you love, you must prove to them that you can survive without them.” – This quote suggests that earning respect from loved ones involves showing them that you can be independent and self-reliant. It inspires us to demonstrate our ability to thrive on our own terms.
28. Author: Israelmore Ayivor, Quote: “Those who mistrust their own abilities are being too wicked to themselves, discouraging themselves from doing what they should have been excelling in.” – This quote points out that doubting our own abilities is unkind to ourselves. It discourages us from excelling in areas where we have the potential to succeed. It inspires us to have more confidence in our abilities and not hold ourselves back.
Final Words: I hope you liked the above Self-Esteem Quotes. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You may also like the Motivational quotes mentioned below:
- Self-Care Quotes to care yourself
- Self-Control Quotes to control yourself
- Self-Belief Quotes to believe in yourself
- Awaken Quotes to improve your self-awareness
Quotes source: Goodreads