Do you want that everyone to respect you? Then the self-respect quotes will help you.
If you are looking for some self-respect, then the first thing is what have you done that other people will respect you? If you expect this from anyone, then you have to respect other people too. You have to respect yourself before you expect respect from others.
When we respect ourselves, it guides our morals and when we respect others, it guides our manners. Before respecting ourselves, we need to know ourselves. We need to build a beautiful relationship with ourselves. We need to know our strengths and weaknesses.
If we do not know our strengths and weaknesses, neither we will be able to improve our strengths nor be able to eliminate our weaknesses. When we get to know about ourselves, then we will be able to respect ourselves.
When we respect ourselves, we will be able to give respect to others. And then only we will get respect from others. Read here the 25 best self-respect quotes that will help you to respect yourself.
Self-Respect Quotes To Respect Yourself
Read the below self-respect quotes that will help you to create respect for yourself.
Do not lie to yourself
1. “Don’t lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie and so loses all respect for himself.” ― Fyodor Dostoevsky
Respect Yourself first
2. “Respect yourself and others will respect you.” ― Confucius
3. “If you want to be respected by others, first respect yourself. Only by that, you will compel others to respect you.” ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky
4. “Respect for ourselves guides our morals; respect for others guides our manners.” ― Laurence Sterne
5. “I care for myself. The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, the more I will respect myself.” ― Charlotte Brontë
6. “The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.” ― Michel de Montaigne
7. “Respect for self is the beginning of cultivating virtue in men and women.” ― Gordon B. Hinckley
Do not compare yourself with anyone
8. “When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.” ― Lao Tzu
Decide what you want to be
9. “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” ― Shannon L. Alder
Control yourself first
10. “Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.” ― Thucydides
Do not compromise yourself with any condition
11. “I cannot compromise my respect for your love. You can keep your love, I will keep my respect.” ― Amit Kalantri
12. “Once you embrace your value, talents, and strengths, it neutralizes when others think less of you.” ― Rob Liano
13. “Deeply respecting yourself is the first step toward having a deep respect for others.” ― Amy Leigh Mercree
14. “I am what I am, an’ I’m not ashamed.” ― J.K. Rowling
15. “The goal is not to show how great you are to others, but how vulnerable you are to yourself.” ― Maxime Lagacé
Best motivational self-respect quotes & sayings
The best inspirational self-respect quotes from various authors to create self-respect for you.
16. “Self-respect is the fruit of discipline.” ― Abraham Heschel
17. “The respect you show to others is an immediate reflection on your self-respect.” ― Alex Elle
18. “The only reason you continue to love someone who treats you poorly is that you don’t value yourself enough.” ― Rob Liano
19. “To earn respect, you must earn your own self-respect before you can expect others, to respect you.” ― Auliq Ice
20. “Even if people around us do not think nicely about us, If they don’t speak nice things about us, If we know our accurate identity and value, then other people’s opinions don’t influence us.” ― BK Shivani
21. “Earlier our thought was that everyone needs to respect me. When we start respecting the self, then it becomes natural to respect other people, and then people started to respect us.” ― BK Shivani
22. “If we are not creating nice thoughts in our mind about ourselves, If we do not adhere to our values. If we don’t have purity within, If there is no cleanliness in our mind, then we will not able to respect ourselves.” ― BK Shivani
23. “People’s opinion reflects their perspective, their character, and it is perfectly fine. They are sharing their opinion, we must not feel bad about anyone’s opinion.” ― BK Shivani
24. “Respect is not something that you can ever demand in your life.” ― Sadhguru
25. “You can only earn respect. You can not demand it. The moment you demand it, it becomes vulgar.” ― Sadhguru
Final Words: I hope you liked the above Self-Respect Quotes. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You can also read our other motivational quotes from the below list.