Welcome to a curated collection of short love quotes.
Research has revealed that experiencing love releases hormones and neurochemicals, prompting positive reactions within us. Love acts as a binding force, uniting individuals even during challenging times. This underscores the importance of prioritizing love over hate in our society.
Recognizing the value of love is pivotal as it instigates our readiness to make sacrifices for our beloveds. Love is an indispensable tool that enriches our society; it forms the basis of our connections with our children, relatives, and friends, imparting profound meaning to our lives.
Explore this compilation of motivational short love quotes to delve deeper into the significance and impact of love.
The collection includes:
- Short love quotes collection
- Inspirational love quotes
- Brief and touching love quotes
- Concise and powerful love quotes
- Short and sweet love quotes
- Emotive short love quotes
- Short quotes to stir the heart
- Short and simple love insights
Short Love Quotes Collection
1. Ferdinand Foch, “The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.” – This quote encapsulates the immense strength and potential found within passionate souls, suggesting that ignited spirits can fuel extraordinary actions.
2. Max Muller, “A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love.” – Drawing parallels between a flower’s need for sunlight to bloom and humanity’s requirement for love, this quote highlights the vital role love plays in human life.
3. Emily Bronte, “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” – Expressing a profound connection between two souls, this quote embodies a deep, inseparable bond that transcends earthly boundaries.
4. Oscar Wilde, “Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Encouraging the recognition of individual worth, this quote advocates for seeking love that values and acknowledges one’s unique qualities.
5. Edgar Allan Poe, “We loved with a love that was more than love.” – Poe’s enigmatic quote emphasizes an intense and profound depth within a love that surpasses conventional understanding.
6. Stephen Chbosky, “We accept the love we think we deserve.” – Chbosky’s quote reflects the correlation between self-worth and the love one allows into their life, underscoring the importance of self-perception in relationships.
7. Dwight L. Moody, “Faith makes all things possible… love makes all things easy.” – This quote highlights the transformative power of both faith and love, implying that love can ease life’s challenges.
8. Nicholas Sparks, “Love is like the wind, you can’t see it but you can feel it.” – Drawing an analogy between the intangible nature of wind and the palpable sensation of love, Sparks illustrates the profound, yet unseen, essence of love.
9. Oscar Wilde, “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” – Encouraging self-compassion and self-love, Wilde suggests that the journey of loving oneself initiates a fulfilling and enduring relationship.
10. Victor Hugo, “Life is the flower for which love is the honey.” – Hugo’s quote poetically signifies that love enriches and sweetens the essence of life, likening it to honey that enhances the beauty of a flower.
11. David Wilkerson, “Love is not only something you feel, but it is also something you do.” – Emphasizing the active nature of love, Wilkerson conveys that love encompasses both emotions and actions, requiring deliberate expression.
12. Stephen Chbosky, “I would die for you. But I won’t live for you.” – This quote illustrates the distinction between self-sacrifice and self-preservation in a relationship, emphasizing the importance of personal autonomy.
13. Marilyn Monroe, “If you can make a woman laugh, you can make her do anything.” – Monroe’s quote humorously implies the power of laughter in building connections and influencing someone’s actions.
14. Charles Dickens, “A loving heart is the truest wisdom.” – Dickens’ quote underscores the profound understanding and insight that stems from a heart filled with love, suggesting that genuine love brings enlightenment.
15. Bertrand Russell, “To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead.” – Russell’s quote illuminates the interconnectedness of love and life, implying that avoiding love leads to an incomplete and fearful existence.
16. Aristotle, “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – This profound quote by Aristotle encapsulates the profound unity and connection shared between two individuals deeply in love, portraying an almost spiritual bond that transcends physicality.
17. Lao Tzu, “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu beautifully expresses the reciprocal nature of love, highlighting how both receiving and giving love empower individuals in different ways.
18. Paulo Coelho, “So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.” – Coelho’s quote romanticizes destiny and serendipity, suggesting a cosmic alignment leading to the discovery of true love.
Inspirational Love Quotes
19. Vincent Van Gogh, “I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people.” – Van Gogh celebrates the beauty and artistry found in the act of loving others, emphasizing the depth and richness it brings to life.
20. Robert Frost, “We love the things we love for what they are.” – Frost’s quote encapsulates the essence of unconditional love, emphasizing acceptance and appreciation for the true essence of what is loved.
21. Karl A. Menninger, “Love cures people – both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it.” – Menninger’s quote highlights the healing power of love, indicating that both the giver and receiver benefit from its transformative effects.
22. Jean de la Bruyere, “At the beginning and at the end of love, the two lovers are embarrassed to find themselves alone.” – This quote poignantly captures the evolution of love, from the initial euphoria to the bittersweet reality of solitude after its culmination.
23. Aphra Behn, “Love ceases to be a pleasure when it ceases to be a secret.” – Behn’s quote explores the mystique of love, suggesting that its allure diminishes when no longer shrouded in secrecy or intimacy.
24. David Viscott, “To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.” – Viscott’s quote beautifully illustrates the reciprocity of love, highlighting how both giving and receiving love create warmth and brightness in life.
25. Francois de La Rochefoucauld, “True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen.” – This quote poetically portrays the elusive and mysterious nature of true love, suggesting its rarity despite its ubiquitous discussions.
26. e. e. cummings, “Be of love a little more careful than of anything.” – Cummings’ quote urges cautiousness and mindfulness in nurturing love, emphasizing its delicate and precious nature.
27. Louise L. Hay, “Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.” – Hay emphasizes the transformative power of self-love, suggesting that it acts as a catalyst for positive change and healing.
28. Judy Garland, “I can live without money, but I cannot live without love.” – Garland’s quote prioritizes the significance of love over material wealth, highlighting its essential role in a fulfilling life.
29. Torquato Tasso, “True love cannot be found where it does not exist, nor can it be denied where it does.” – Tasso’s quote speaks to the authenticity of genuine love, indicating its inevitability when present and its absence when not.
30. Loretta Young, “Love isn’t something you find. Love is something that finds you.” – Young’s quote portrays love as serendipitous, emphasizing its unexpected arrival rather than a deliberate pursuit.
31. Oscar Wilde, “Hearts are made to be broken.” – Wilde’s quote, though bittersweet, acknowledges the vulnerability and potential pain associated with love.
32. Milan Kundera, “Two people in love, alone, isolated from the world, that’s beautiful.” – Kundera’s quote romanticizes the intimate connection shared between two lovers, highlighting its beauty and exclusivity.
33. Marcel Proust, “Love is space and time measured by the heart.” – Proust’s quote metaphorically depicts love as a phenomenon transcending physical dimensions, measured by emotional depth and connection.
34. Paulo Coelho, “One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.” – Coelho’s quote emphasizes the intrinsic value of love, suggesting that it exists without the need for justification or explanation.
35. Joseph Conrad, “Woe to the man whose heart has not learned while young to hope, to love – and to put its trust in life.” – Conrad’s quote underscores the importance of nurturing hope, love, and trust early in life, as they form the essence of a fulfilled heart.
36. Lenny Bruce, “There are never enough I Love You’s.” – Bruce’s quote poignantly expresses the depth of affection, suggesting that expressing love through words is inexhaustible and always welcomed.
Brief and Touching Love Quotes
37. Trisha Yearwood, “What’s meant to be will always find a way.” – Yearwood’s quote encapsulates the belief in destiny and the inevitability of true connections or love prevailing despite obstacles.
38. Billie Holiday, “Love is like a faucet, it turns off and on.” – Holiday’s analogy compares the unpredictable nature of love to the control of a faucet, highlighting its ability to fluctuate in intensity.
39. Carl Sagan, “For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.” – Sagan’s quote emphasizes the significance of love in navigating life’s enormity, suggesting it provides comfort and meaning.
40. Lucius Annaeus Seneca, “Love in its essence is spiritual fire.” – Seneca beautifully describes the intense and transformative nature of love, likening it to a powerful, illuminating force.
41. Albert Einstein, “You can’t blame gravity for falling in love.” – Einstein humorously compares the force of gravity to the irresistibility of falling in love, implying that it’s a natural phenomenon beyond control.
42. Franklin P. Jones, “Love doesn’t make the world go ’round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” – Jones’ quote emphasizes the enrichment that love brings to life, making the journey worthwhile, even if it doesn’t govern everything.
43. Jess C. Scott, “When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.” – Scott’s quote highlights the reassuring nature of genuine love, indicating how it reflects in the way someone speaks of you.
44. Bryant H. McGill, “True love is quiescent, except in the nascent moments of true humility.” – McGill’s quote suggests that genuine love is serene, except during moments of profound humility and vulnerability.
45. J.M. Barrie, “To die will be an awfully big adventure.” – Barrie’s quote from Peter Pan alludes to the thrilling unknown of death, framing it as a grand and exciting journey akin to an adventure.
46. John Galsworthy, “Love has no age, no limit; and no death.” – Galsworthy’s quote beautifully illustrates the timeless and boundless nature of love, transcending barriers of age and mortality.
47. Chuck Palahniuk, “The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.” – Palahniuk’s quote reflects the intricate dynamics in relationships, suggesting a disparity between the object of one’s affection and the person who reciprocates.
48. Mahatma Gandhi, “Where there is love there is life.” – Gandhi’s quote succinctly captures the vitality and essence of love, implying that love brings vibrancy and meaning to existence.
49. Edgar Allan Poe, “We loved with a love that was more than love.” – Poe’s cryptic and intense quote suggests a love that surpasses conventional understanding, depicting an extraordinary depth in affection.
50. Markus Zusak, “The only thing worse than a boy who hates you: a boy that loves you.” – Zusak’s quote touches on the complexities of emotions, indicating that unrequited or undesired love can sometimes be more challenging than animosity.
51. Charlotte Brontë, “I would always rather be happy than dignified.” – Brontë’s quote prioritizes happiness over societal expectations or dignity, especially in matters of the heart.
52. Dalai Lama, “Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.” – The Dalai Lama emphasizes the indispensable role of love and compassion, stating their crucial significance for the survival of humanity.
53. Khalil Gibran, “Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.” – Gibran’s quote poetically portrays the barrenness of life without love, likening it to a tree devoid of vitality and fruition.
54. Princess Diana, “Only do what your heart tells you.” – Princess Diana’s quote encourages following the heart, suggesting that it guides one toward genuine feelings and decisions, especially in matters of love.
Concise and Powerful Love Quotes
55. Javan, “Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes… just be an illusion.” – Javan’s quote captures the enigmatic nature of love, hinting that although it can feel like magic, it might not always be as it seems, occasionally blurring the lines between reality and illusion.
56. Antoine de Saint-Exupery, “Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.” – Saint-Exupery’s quote emphasizes the essence of shared goals and mutual growth in love, highlighting the importance of a shared vision and purpose.
57. Nicholas Sparks, “You are, and always have been, my dream.” – Sparks’ quote eloquently expresses a profound sentiment of seeing someone as the embodiment of a lifelong aspiration or desire.
58. John Dryden, “Pains of love be sweeter far than all other pleasures are.” – Dryden’s quote paradoxically portrays the bittersweet nature of love, suggesting that even its pains hold a unique and exquisite sweetness.
59. Jules Renard, “Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties.” – Renard’s analogy likens love to an hourglass, implying that as the mind loses its rationality, the heart fills with emotion and passion.
60. Pablo Neruda, “Love is so short, forgetting is so long.” – Neruda’s quote encapsulates the brevity of love compared to the enduring nature of its memory, emphasizing the lasting impact of love on one’s heart.
61. Eleanor Roosevelt, “The giving of love is an education in itself.” – Roosevelt’s quote emphasizes the enlightening and transformative nature of giving love, suggesting that it nurtures personal growth and understanding.
62. Igor Stravinsky, “What force is more potent than love?” – Stravinsky’s rhetorical question highlights the immense power and influence that love holds, suggesting its unparalleled strength.
63. Robert Louis Stevenson, “You can give without loving, but you can never love without giving.” – Stevenson’s quote draws a distinction between mere actions of giving and the genuine emotion of love, implying that true love inherently involves giving.
64. Robert Browning, “Love is the energy of life.” – Browning’s quote characterizes love as the driving force that animates and vitalizes life, implying that it fuels existence itself.
65. George Harrison, “With our love, we could save the world.” – Harrison’s quote reflects an idealistic belief in the transformative potential of love, suggesting its ability to enact positive change on a global scale.
66. R. Buckminster Fuller, “Love is metaphysical gravity.” – Fuller’s quote beautifully likens love to a force that draws individuals together, suggesting its intangible yet powerful influence similar to gravity.
67. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, “Love does not dominate; it cultivates.” – Goethe’s quote emphasizes the nurturing and enriching aspect of love, suggesting that it fosters growth and development rather than controlling or overpowering.
68. Voltaire, “Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by imagination.” – Voltaire’s metaphor portrays love as a natural foundation embellished by imagination, emphasizing its beauty and creative essence.
69. Theophile Gautier, “To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind.” – Gautier’s quote interconnects admiration and love, highlighting their symbiotic relationship in understanding and affection.
70. Haruki Murakami, “If you remember me, then I don’t care if everyone else forgets.” – Murakami’s quote signifies the significance of being remembered by someone special, suggesting that their memory holds paramount importance even amidst forgetfulness by others.
71. Carl Sandburg, “Life is like an onion. You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.” – Sandburg’s analogy draws a parallel between life and an onion, implying that the process of unraveling life’s complexities can evoke emotional responses.
72. Samuel Beckett, “If you do not love me I shall not be loved. If I do not love you I shall not love.” – Beckett’s quote reflects the interdependency of love, emphasizing its reciprocity and the need for mutual affection.
Short and Sweet Love Quotes
73. Jacques Yves Cousteau, “People protect what they love.” – Cousteau’s simple yet profound quote suggests that love instigates a natural inclination to safeguard and cherish what one holds dear.
74. Pearl Bailey, “What the world really needs is more love and less paperwork.” – Bailey’s humorous quote humorously highlights the essentiality of love in contrast to mundane tasks, suggesting its ability to transcend bureaucracy.
75. Joseph Campbell, “Love is a friendship set to music.” – Campbell’s quote eloquently portrays the harmonious and elevated nature of love, likening it to a symphony born from a deep bond of friendship.
76. Truman Capote, “Love, having no geography, knows no boundaries.” – Capote’s quote beautifully expresses the boundless nature of love, suggesting that it transcends physical limitations or borders.
77. Soren Kierkegaard, “Don’t forget to love yourself.” – Kierkegaard’s reminder emphasizes the importance of self-love and self-care, advocating for nurturing one’s own well-being in the journey of love.
78. Pedro Calderon de la Barca, “When love is not madness, it is not love.” – Calderon de la Barca’s quote captures the intense and passionate nature of genuine love, suggesting that true love often involves a certain degree of fervor.
79. Tom Robbins, “We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love.” – Robbins’ quote encourages focusing on building a fulfilling and nurturing love rather than searching for an idealized partner.
80. Paul Tillich, “The first duty of love is to listen.” – Tillich’s quote underscores the importance of attentive and empathetic listening as a foundational aspect of expressing love.
81. William Hazlitt, “The love of liberty is the love of others; the love of power is the love of ourselves.” – Hazlitt’s quote contrasts altruistic love for freedom with selfish love for control, highlighting their divergent motivations.
82. Eva Gabor, “Love is a game that two can play and both win.” – Gabor’s quote presents love as a mutual endeavor, suggesting that both parties can benefit and find fulfillment in a relationship.
83. Elbert Hubbard, “The love we give away is the only love we keep.” – Hubbard’s quote advocates for the reciprocity of love, suggesting that by giving love, one ultimately retains and enriches their own capacity for love.
84. Blaise Pascal, “Love has reasons which reason cannot understand.” – Pascal’s quote poetically portrays the mysterious and inexplicable nature of love, indicating its complexity that transcends logical explanation.
85. Oscar Wilde, “The very essence of romance is uncertainty.” – Wilde’s quote romantically captures the thrilling and unpredictable essence of romance, suggesting that uncertainty adds excitement and allure to love.
86. Joseph Joubert, “A part of kindness consists in loving people more than they deserve.” – Joubert’s quote encapsulates the essence of genuine kindness, suggesting that it involves an unconditional and generous love for others.
87. George Herbert, “A gentle heart is tied with an easy thread.” – Herbert’s quote poetically describes the tender nature of a compassionate heart, implying that it is easily bound with affection and empathy.
88. Albert Ellis, “The art of love is largely the art of persistence.” – Ellis emphasizes the importance of perseverance in cultivating and maintaining love, suggesting that dedication and persistence are vital elements in romantic relationships.
89. H. L. Mencken, “Love is like war: easy to begin but very hard to stop.” – Mencken’s analogy humorously likens love to war, emphasizing the ease of falling in love contrasted with the difficulty of ending it.
90. Candace Bushnell, “Man may have discovered fire, but women discovered how to play with it.” – Bushnell’s quote humorously celebrates women’s adeptness in handling relationships, implying a playful yet powerful influence.
Emotive Short Love Quotes
91. Zora Neale Hurston, “Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.” – Hurston’s quote vividly portrays the transformative and liberating effect of love on the human spirit.
92. Ayn Rand, “To say ‘I love you one must first be able to say the ‘I.’” – Rand’s quote underscores the significance of self-awareness and individuality as prerequisites to genuinely express love for another person.
93. Peter Ustinov, “Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.” – Ustinov’s quote beautifully characterizes love as a perpetual act of forgiveness and a nurturing gaze that becomes ingrained in behavior.
94. Ingrid Bergman, “A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.” – Bergman’s quote romantically portrays the eloquence and intimacy of a kiss, surpassing the need for words.
95. Thomas Carlyle, “A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.” – Carlyle’s quote suggests that a heart filled with love serves as the foundation for understanding and acquiring wisdom in life.
96. Vladimir Nabokov, “It was love at first sight, at last sight, at ever and ever sight.” – Nabokov’s quote beautifully captures the timeless and enduring nature of a profound and everlasting love that transcends time and moments.
97. Charles Caleb Colton, “Friendship often ends in love, but love in friendship – never.” – Colton’s quote distinguishes the evolution of relationships, suggesting that while friendship can evolve into love, the reverse is unlikely as love changes the dynamics entirely.
98. Iris Murdoch, “We can only learn to love by loving.” – Murdoch’s quote emphasizes the experiential nature of love, suggesting that genuine understanding of love comes through the act of loving itself.
99. Thomas Fuller, “Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.” – Fuller’s quote highlights the different impacts of absence and presence on love, indicating that distance intensifies emotions while closeness reinforces the bond.
100. Samuel Johnson, “Love is the wisdom of the fool and the folly of the wise.” – Johnson’s quote paradoxically characterizes love as both an act of profound wisdom and occasional folly, showcasing its unpredictable nature.
101. Mahatma Gandhi, “Hate the sin, love the sinner.” – Gandhi’s quote advocates for separating actions from the individual, suggesting that while disapproving of wrongdoing, one should still extend love and compassion.
102. Leigh Hunt, “Stolen kisses are always sweetest.” – Hunt’s quote romantically portrays the allure and excitement of stolen moments in love, implying that secrecy adds a sweet thrill to affectionate gestures.
103. Ovid, “If you want to be loved, be lovable.” – Ovid’s quote conveys the reciprocity of love, suggesting that to receive love, one must demonstrate qualities and actions that attract affection.
104. Tammy Wynette, “Sometimes it’s hard to be a woman giving all your love to just one man.” – Wynette’s quote reflects the challenges and sacrifices involved in committing oneself entirely to a single person in a relationship.
105. Gilbert K. Chesterton, “The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost.” – Chesterton’s quote underscores the appreciation and value of love, suggesting that understanding its transient nature enhances its significance.
106. Andre Breton, “Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself.” – Breton’s quote beautifully encapsulates the transformative nature of love, suggesting that through a deep connection, one discovers new facets of their identity.
107. Gilbert Parker, “Love knows not distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars.” – Parker’s quote symbolizes the boundless and universal nature of love, transcending physical boundaries and reaching beyond earthly limitations.
108. Pablo Picasso, “Love is the greatest refreshment in life.” – Picasso’s quote portrays love as a source of revitalization and rejuvenation, suggesting it brings unparalleled renewal in life.
Short Quotes to Stir the Heart
109. Saint Teresa of Avila, “Accustom yourself continually to make many acts of love, for they enkindle and melt the soul.” – Saint Teresa’s quote emphasizes the transformative power of love, suggesting that frequent acts of love kindle and soften the soul.
110. Jimi Hendrix, “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” – Hendrix’s quote advocates for the supremacy of love over the desire for dominance, hinting that love holds the key to global harmony.
111. Alexander Smith, “Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition.” – Smith’s quote portrays love as the revelation of one’s own essence mirrored in another, leading to joy in mutual recognition.
112. Robert Frost, “Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.” – Frost’s quote playfully captures the essence of mutual attraction, emphasizing the compelling desire to be desired by the object of affection.
113. Taraji P. Henson, “Love is the greatest gift that God has given us. It’s free.” – Henson’s quote celebrates the generosity and universality of love, highlighting its status as a precious and priceless gift.
114. Joan Crawford, “Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell.” – Crawford’s metaphorical quote alludes to the dual nature of love, suggesting its potential for both nourishment and destruction.
115. Rick Riordan, “Be careful of love. It’ll twist your brain around and leave you thinking up is down and right is wrong.” – Riordan’s quote humorously highlights the transformative effect of love, implying its capacity to blur perceptions and change perspectives.
116. Nicholas Sparks, “True love is rare, and it’s the only thing that gives life real meaning.” – Sparks’ quote underscores the rarity and significance of genuine love, suggesting it imbues life with profound purpose.
117. Nicholas Sparks, “I love you more than there are stars in the sky and fish in the sea.” – Sparks’ quote vividly expresses an immeasurable depth of love, emphasizing the boundlessness of affection for someone.
118. Charles Bukowski, “Find what you love and let it kill you.” – Bukowski’s quote provokes contemplation, implying that one should pursue their passion so fervently that it consumes them entirely.
119. Emily Dickinson, “If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain.” – Dickinson’s quote highlights the profound impact of preventing someone’s pain, suggesting that love’s purpose lies in alleviating others’ suffering.
120. Max Lucado, “A woman’s heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her.” – Lucado’s quote metaphorically portrays the depth of a woman’s spirituality and the virtue of seeking more than superficial beauty in a partner.
121. Marcus Tullius Cicero, “Love is the attempt to form a friendship inspired by beauty.” – Cicero’s quote conceptualizes love as an endeavor to foster a deep connection that goes beyond attraction, aiming for a beautiful bond akin to friendship.
122. Catherine Deneuve, “Love is suffering. One side always loves more.” – Deneuve’s quote expresses the complex dynamics of love, implying that affection often involves an uneven distribution of emotions.
123. John Wooden, “Passion is momentary; love is enduring.” – Wooden’s quote draws a distinction between fleeting passion and enduring love, suggesting that while passion fades, love perseveres.
124. Thomas Shadwell, “Words may be false and full of art; Sighs are the natural language of the heart.” – Shadwell’s quote contrasts the authenticity of heartfelt sighs against the potential deceit of words, highlighting the sincerity of emotional expression.
125. Elizabeth Barrett Browning, “Who so loves believes the impossible.” – Browning’s quote reflects the boundless faith and belief in love’s capacity to defy logic and accomplish the seemingly impossible.
126. Amelia Barr, “The fate of love is that it always seems too little or too much.” – Barr’s quote encapsulates the paradoxical nature of love, suggesting that it often feels insufficient or overwhelming, rarely balanced.
Short and Simple Love Insights
127. John Morton, “There is no limit to the power of loving.” – Morton’s quote celebrates the boundless strength and capacity of love, implying that its potential for influence and impact knows no bounds.
128. Sting, “Love is stronger than justice.” – Sting’s quote hints at the supremacy of love over rigid notions of fairness or justice, suggesting that love holds greater transformative power.
129. Werner Erhard, “You don’t have to go looking for love when it’s where you come from.” – Erhard’s quote emphasizes that love is innate, suggesting that one doesn’t need to search externally as it exists within oneself and one’s origins.
130. Edwin Louis Cole, “The degree of loving is measured by the degree of giving.” – Cole’s quote emphasizes that the depth of one’s love is reflected in their capacity to give selflessly and generously.
131. Armistead Maupin, “Being in love is the only transcendent experience.” – Maupin’s quote suggests that the experience of being in love surpasses and elevates other experiences, transcending the ordinary.
132. Lord Byron, “Friendship is Love without his wings!” – Byron’s quote poetically describes friendship as a form of love lacking the intense passion or fervor associated with romantic love.
133. Anne Campbell, “Love means to commit yourself without guarantee.” – Campbell’s quote highlights the essence of love, implying that true affection involves commitment without assurances or promises.
134. Cyril Connolly, “We love but once, for once only are we perfectly equipped for loving.” – Connolly’s quote suggests that there’s a unique moment or period when individuals are ideally prepared or equipped to experience love.
135. Diane Ackerman, “Touch seems to be as essential as sunlight.” – Ackerman’s quote metaphorically portrays touch as a fundamental and essential element in human connection, likening its importance to the necessity of sunlight.
136. Lynda Barry, “If it is your time, love will track you down like a cruise missile.” – Barry’s quote humorously emphasizes that when the time is right, love will find its way toward an individual with force and precision.
137. Henry Austin Dobson, “Love comes unseen; we only see it go.” – Dobson’s quote poignantly illustrates the ephemeral nature of love, suggesting that its arrival often goes unnoticed, but its departure is unmistakably visible.
138. Samuel Richardson, “Love will draw an elephant through a key-hole.” – Richardson’s quote employs a vivid metaphor to illustrate the power and determination of love, suggesting it can achieve seemingly impossible feats.
139. Gustave Flaubert, “Love is a springtime plant that perfumes everything with its hope, even the ruins to which it clings.” – Flaubert’s metaphorical quote depicts love as a resilient force that brings optimism and fragrance to even the most desolate circumstances.
140. Alfred de Musset, “One must not trifle with love.” – De Musset’s quote advises against treating love lightly or frivolously, implying the seriousness and respect that love deserves in relationships.
I hope you liked the above Short Love Quotes. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You may also like the motivational articles mentioned below:
- Life Quotes
- Expectation Quotes
- Time Quotes
- Success Quotes
- Experience Quotes
- Happy Quotes
- Depression Quotes
- Creative Quotes