Here find some best collections of sports riddles, funny sports puzzle questions, and brain teasers. And to solve these puzzles we are also sharing the answer to the question.
Name The Sport Riddles
1. This Olympic Sport doesn’t need a ball or a bat, you don’t have to run or jump. You play it on a table but it isn’t a table.
2. The people practicing this sport have to be weighed before a competition. They wear gloves and move around a ring. They can’t touch the back of their opponent’s neck but can punch them in the face.
3. Teenagers love doing my sport. You need a helmet and special pads to do me safely. I am done on ramps and in special parks. I am one of the sports in the X Games. You need a board with wheels. You can do many tricks with the board.
4. Played with a racket but not a ball. You hit a thing with ‘feather’ over a net, you can play against one person or in teams of two.
5. I’m the world’s most popular sport and played all over the world. Both men and women play. This sport can have two names but it always has two parts and every four years there’s a world cup.
Answer: Football / Soccer
6. I’m played with a ball and two teams. You can kick, catch and throw the ball but not forwards. You score goals but there’s no net and the ball is shaped like an egg.
7. I’m most popular in the USA and Japan, I’m played with a bat and a small white ball. You need to hit all four bases to get score the most points – what am I?
Also Find: Space Riddles With Answers
8. I’m done on snow but not on skis, I go downhill but can also slide and jump. You can do tricks and it’s a lot of fun but you will fall over when learning how it’s done.
9. I am the only sport that needs a large object. I am done outdoors. I need a lot of wind. I have big sails, a rudder, and a keel. I can be done for fun or for races. My sport is do all over the world and appears in the Olympics.
10. I am done outdoors. I am a sport in the Winter Olympics. Men and women do my sport. I have many different styles- downhill, slalom, aerials, jumping and so forth. Snow is necessary for my sport. I require special sticks and poles.
11. I am done outdoors in rivers, lakes, and on the ocean. The goal of my sport is to catch something. You need a special stick, bait, and a hook. I require a lot of patience and a lot of strength. Instead of a point, you get dinner!
12. Each team has six players. It can be played on the beach or a court, over a net. You can hit the ball with your hand but can’t kick it or catch it.
Sports Riddles With Answers
13. Why can’t turtles play baseball?
Answer: They can’t run home.
14. Why can’t you play basketball with pigs?
Answer: Because they will “hog” the ball!
15. Why did Tarzan spend so much time on the golf course?
Answer: He was perfecting his swing.
16. Why did the baseball batter go crazy?
Answer: The pitcher kept throwing screwballs.
17. Why did the baseball coach hire a piano player?
Answer: Because his player had the perfect pitch!
18. Why did the basketball player go to jail?
Answer: Because he shot the ball.
19. A guy was waiting at home, he swung a metal pole then took 3 left turns, and on his way back home there was a masked man waiting for him. What is he doing and who is the masked man?
Answer: He is playing baseball and the masked man is the Catcher.
20. A man is running home, where he meets 2 men with masks on. Then he runs away from home. What is this man’s job?
Answer: A baseball player. The 2 masked men are the umpire and the catcher.
Also Find: Book Riddles With Answers
21. A man took the shell off of his champion racing snail to make it go faster. Did it work?
Answer: No. In fact, the snail became rather sluggish!
22. A pro fisherman decided to become a pro golfer. In order to buy his clubs he had to sell his boat. How did he list it?
Answer: Fore Sail!
23. At what sport to waiters do really well?
Answer: Tennis, because they can serve so well.
24. Bob’s coach has five players: four are named Jojo, Koko, Lolo and Momo. What is the fifth player’s name?
25. Do vampires play tennis in their free time?
Answer: No they prefer bat-minton.
26. Does it take longer to run from first base to second or second base to third?
Answer: Second base to third because there is a shortstop
27. During a soccer match, a player makes a suggestive comment about women into the referee’s ear, who promptly waves the red card and sends the player off. Why would the referee do this?
Answer: The referee was a woman.
28. How can you make a slow and lazy athlete fast?
Answer: Don’t let them eat anything
29. How did the soccer fan know before the game that the score would be 0-0?
Answer: The score is always 0-0 before the game.
30. How do football players stay cool during the game?
Answer: They stand close to the fans
Also Find: Rabbit Riddles With Answers
31. How do you know that a vampire loves baseball?
Answer: Because he turns into a bat every night.
32. I am a horse without legs and a body, I jump but never run. What kind of a horse am I?
Answer: A chess piece (horse/knight)
33. I play on a diamond, I play fair, I always get dirty, And then I run home. What Am I?
Answer: Baseball Player
34. I’m a ball that rolls but can’t bounce or be thrown. What am I?
35. If you were swimming in the ocean and a big alligator attacked you, what should you do?
Answer: Nothing. There are no alligators in the ocean.
36. In a football game not a single man scored a goal, yet the final score was 1-0. How can this be?
Answer: All the players were women.
37. In what sport does the offense score without ever even touching the ball?
38. John bet Tom $100 that he can predict the score of the football game before it starts. Tom agrees but loses the bet. Why did Tom lose the bet?
Answer: John said the score would be 0-0 and he was right. “Before” any football game starts, the score is always 0-0.
39. Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching the ball?
40. People from what country never fail to complete a marathon?
Answer: The Finnish
41. There was a man who everybody called Batman he knew nothing about bats and thought they were gross. He still loved it when people called him Batman! How could this be?
Answer: He was the star baseball player!
Best Sports Brain Teasers With Answers
42. There’s one “sport” in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends. What is it?
43. This object can be driven, but has no wheels, and can also be sliced and remain whole. What is it?
Answer: A Golf Ball.
44. Two baseball teams played a game. One team won but no man touched base. How could that be?
Answer: They were all girl teams.
45. Two men were playing checkers. They played five games, and each man won the same number of games. How is that possible?
Answer: They played different people
46. Two men were playing tennis. They played five sets and each man won three sets. How can this be possible?
Answer: The two men were partners playing doubles.
47. Two people were playing chess and both won. How did this happen?
Answer: They were playing against other opponents
48. Two silk worms were in a race. Who won?
Answer: It was a tie.
49. We are five little objects of an everyday sort. You will find us all in a tennis court. What are we?
50. What animal is best at hitting a baseball?
Answer: A bat
51. What did the baseball glove say to the ball?
Answer: Catch you later.
52. What did the hoop say to the basketball?
Answer: May all your swishes come true!
53. What do fisherman and boxers have in common?
Answer: They both throw hooks!
54. What do hockey players and magicians have in common?
Answer: Both do hat tricks
55. What do you call a basketball game with no ball?
Answer: A basket game!
56. What do you call a pig who plays basketball?
Answer: A ball hog.
57. What do you call it when a dinosaur makes a goal with a soccer ball?
Answer: A dino-score
58. What do you do when you see an elephant with a basketball?
Answer: Get out of the way.
59. What do you get if you cross a football player with a pay phone?
Answer: A wide receiver.
60. What do you get if your sheep studies karate?
Answer: A lamb chop.
61. What do you serve that you can’t eat?
Answer: A tennis ball.
62. What game can be dangerous to your mental health?
Answer: Marbles, you don’t want to lose them.
63. What game makes the most noise?
Answer: Tennis- you can’t play it without raising a racket!
64. What has 18 legs and catches flies?
Answer: A baseball team
65. What has 22 legs and 2 wings?
Answer: A football team!
66. What is a butterfly’s favorite sport?
67. What is a cheerleader’s favorite drink?
Answer: Root beer
68. What is a Cheerleader’s favorite food?
69. What is a cheerleaders favorite color?
70. What is a frog’s favorite game?
71. What is a good restaurant for a basketball team?
Answer: Dunkin Donuts.
72. What is an insect’s favorite sport?
Sports Puzzle Questions & Riddles With Answers
73. What is harder to catch the faster you run?
Answer: Your breath
74. What is it that leaps and runs and yet has no feet?
Answer: A ball
75. What is Santa’s favorite basketball team?
Answer: The New York Old St. Knicks
76. What is served, but not by a waiter; and an ace but not a card?
Answer: A volleyball: serving is a classic volleyball move, and a serve that drops without the opposing team touching it is called an ace.
77. What is the best advice to give a young baseball player?
Answer: If you don’t succeed at first, try second base.
78. What is the best way to win a race?
Answer: Run faster than anybody else
79. What is the hardest part about skydiving?
Answer: The ground
80. What kind of ball has feet but cannot walk?
Answer: A football
81. What part of a football ground is never the same?
Answer: The changing rooms
82. What position do pigs play on the baseball field?
83. What song was the baseball player singing on third base?
Answer: “There’s no place like home.”
84. What sport are waiters and waitresses the best at?
Answer: Tennis, because they are great at serving.
85. What sport can also be eaten?
86. What tea do hockey players drink?
87. What time does a tennis player get up?
88. What was the spider doing on the baseball team?
Answer: Catching flies.
89. What’s a golfer’s favorite letter?
90. What’s the difference between a dog and a basketball player?
Answer: One drools, the other dribbles.
91. What’s the first game in the Bible?
Answer: Baseball Why: because In the big inning, Eve stole first, and Adam stole second. Cain struck out Abel, and the Prodigal Son came home. The Giants and the Angels were rained out. Ha ha ha ha ha
92. Whats a sheep’s favorite game?
93. When a girl slips on the ice, why can’t her brother help her up?
Answer: He can’t be a brother and assist her (a sister).
94. When can you jump over three men without getting up?
Answer: In a checker game
95. When can you put things in a basket and never fill it up?
Answer: In the game of basketball
96. When does boxing day come before Christmas?
Answer: In the dictionary.
97. When is a baby good at basketball?
Answer: When it’s dribbling!
98. Where do great dragon baseball players go?
Answer: To the Hall Of Flame.
99. Who are the happiest people at the football game?
Answer: Cheer leaders
100. Why are basketball players such messy eaters?
Answer: Because they dribble
101. Why are penguins good race drivers?
Answer: Because they’re always in the pole position.
102. Why are soccer fields always unsure about what to do?
Answer: Because they have two opposing goals.
103. Why did the football team go to the bank?
Answer: To get a quarter back!
104. Why did the golfer wear two pairs of pants?
Answer: In case he got a hole in one.
105. Why did the Pharoah like cheerleaders?
Answer: Because they made a pyramid
106. Why do basketball players love donuts?
Answer: Because they can dunk them.
107. Why do good bowlers play so slowly?
Answer: Because they have time to spare.
108. Why do you run faster when you have a cold?
Answer: You have a racing pulse and a running nose.
109. Why don’t chickens play baseball?
Answer: Because they hit fowl balls.
110. Why is a tennis game so loud?
Answer: Because the players raise a racquet.
111. Why is it always hot at the end of a football game?
Answer: Because all of the FANS have gone home.
112. Why is someone who borrows money but does not pay it all back like a football player?
Answer: Because sometimes he gives you a quarter back and sometimes a half back.
113. Why is tennis such a loud sport?
Answer: Because there is a lot of racquet.
114. Why is the baseball field hot after a game?
Answer: All the fans left.
115. Why was the baseball player’s food always dirty?
Answer: He always stepped on the plate.
116. Why were the tennis players arrested?
Answer: Because they had racquets.
117. Why weren’t the tennis players allowed in the restaurant?
Answer: Because they make too much racquet.