Swami Vivekananda, an inspiring Indian monk, left behind a treasure trove of wisdom through his quotes. In this blog, we’ll explore some powerful and simple Swami Vivekananda quotes that offer guidance and motivation for everyday life. Whether you seek wisdom on success, spirituality, or self-improvement, these quotes encapsulate his profound teachings in easy-to-understand words. Let’s dive into the world of Swami Vivekananda’s timeless wisdom and find inspiration for a better life.
Swami Vivekananda Quotes
Read the below Swami Vivekananda Quotes to know the power of the human mind.
1. “Things do not grow better; they remain as they are. It is we who grow better, by the changes we make in ourselves.” ― Swami Vivekananda
This quote by Swami Vivekananda emphasizes the power of personal growth and self-improvement. It reminds us that while external circumstances may not change, we have the ability to transform ourselves, which in turn changes how we perceive and interact with the world. This quote encourages self-reflection and the understanding that our personal growth is the key to a better life.
2. “In a day, when you don’t come across any problems – you can be sure that you are traveling in a wrong path.” ― Swami Vivekananda
Swami Vivekananda’s quote suggests that challenges and problems are a natural part of life and personal development. It encourages us to embrace difficulties as opportunities for growth. If we avoid problems, it may indicate that we are not pushing ourselves or taking the necessary risks to achieve our goals.
3. “Bless people when they revile you. Think how much good they are doing by helping to stamp out the false ego.” ― Swami Vivekananda
This quote teaches us the importance of responding to negativity with kindness and understanding. Swami Vivekananda reminds us that when others criticize or insult us, it can be an opportunity to practice humility and shed our false sense of ego. Responding with blessings rather than anger can lead to personal growth and inner peace.
4. “God did not give me everything that I wanted. But, He gave me everything that I needed!” ― Swami Vivekananda
This quote encourages gratitude and contentment. It reminds us that while we may not always get everything we desire, we are provided with what we truly need. It teaches us to appreciate the blessings in our lives and have faith that life’s events are purposeful, even if they don’t align with our immediate wishes.
5. “The mother and the father are the causes of this body; so a man must undergo a thousand troubles in order to do good to them.” ― Swami Vivekananda
Swami Vivekananda’s quote underscores the significance of family and the sacrifices we make for our loved ones. It encourages us to endure challenges and hardships for the well-being and happiness of our parents, recognizing the profound role they play in our lives.
Remove that makes you weak
6. “Anything that makes weak – physically, intellectually and spiritually, reject it as poison.” ― Swami Vivekananda
This quote is a call to reject anything that diminishes our strength and well-being. Swami Vivekananda advises us to avoid influences that weaken us in any aspect, whether physical, intellectual, or spiritual. It encourages us to make choices that nurture our growth and vitality.
7. “The greatest sin is to think yourself weak.” ― Swami Vivekanand
Swami Vivekananda’s quote emphasizes the importance of self-confidence and self-belief. It reminds us that underestimating our own abilities and potential is a disservice to ourselves. To achieve greatness and personal success, we must have faith in our strengths and capabilities.
8. “Be not afraid of anything. You will do Marvelous work. It is Fearlessness that brings Heaven even in a moment.” ― Swami Vivekananda
This quote encourages fearlessness in pursuing our goals. Swami Vivekananda teaches that by conquering our fears, we can achieve remarkable things. It suggests that fearlessness is the key to experiencing a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment.
Believe in yourself first
9. “You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself.” ― Swami Vivekananda
This quote highlights the connection between self-belief and faith in higher powers. It suggests that a strong sense of self and self-confidence is a foundation for spiritual belief. When we believe in ourselves, we become more open to believing in greater forces at work in the universe.
10. “The greatest religion is to be true to your own nature. Have faith in yourselves.” ― Swami Vivekananda
Swami Vivekananda emphasizes the importance of authenticity and self-trust. This quote encourages us to embrace our individuality and follow our true nature. It suggests that the most profound form of spirituality is found in being genuine and having faith in our unique path.
We are the product of our thoughts
11. “We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.” ― Swami Vivekananda
This quote underscores the power of our thoughts in shaping our lives. It reminds us to be mindful of our thoughts because they influence our words and actions. Positive and constructive thoughts lead to a positive and constructive life.
You will make yourself strong
12. “You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.” ― Swami Vivekananda
Swami Vivekananda’s quote stresses the importance of inner growth and spirituality. It suggests that true spiritual growth comes from within and cannot be imposed by external forces. We are our best teachers when it comes to spiritual development.
13. “All power is within you; you can do anything and everything.” ― Swami Vivekananda
This quote is a powerful reminder of our inherent abilities and potential. It encourages us to recognize the vast reservoir of power within ourselves and believe that we can achieve anything we set our minds to.
Follow your heart
14. “In a conflict between the heart and the brain, follow your heart.” ― Swami Vivekananda
Swami Vivekananda’s quote advises us to prioritize our intuition and inner feelings when faced with a conflict between logic and emotions. It highlights the value of following our hearts and being true to our inner values and desires.
Truth is always truth
15. “Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true.” ― Swami Vivekananda
This quote emphasizes that there are multiple perspectives and paths to understanding the truth. It reminds us not to be rigid in our beliefs and to be open to different viewpoints.
It encourages tolerance, open-mindedness, and respect for diverse opinions, fostering better communication and cooperation with others.
Know the universe
16. “The greatest truths are the simplest things in the world, simple as your own existence.” ― Swami Vivekananda
Vivekananda suggests that profound truths are often uncomplicated and can be found in the most basic aspects of life, much like our own existence. It encourages us to seek simplicity and clarity in our understanding of complex matters, making it easier to find solutions to problems and live a more fulfilling life.
17. “The brain and muscles must develop simultaneously. Iron nerves with an intelligent brain, and the whole world is at your feet.” ― Swami Vivekananda
Vivekananda stresses the importance of combining mental strength and physical fitness. He believes that with a strong mind and body, one can achieve great success.
This quote inspires us to maintain a balanced and healthy lifestyle, promoting physical and mental well-being, which in turn can lead to personal and professional accomplishments.
18. “You need not worry or make yourself sleepless about the world; it will go on without you.” ― Swami Vivekananda
This quote encourages us not to be overly anxious about the world’s affairs, reminding us that life continues even if we take a break. It reminds us of the importance of self-care and taking time for ourselves. It’s a reminder that it’s okay to step back and recharge.
See God in your heart
19. “Where can we go to find God if we cannot see Him in our own hearts and in every living being.” ― Swami Vivekananda
Vivekananda points out that finding divinity in the world starts with recognizing it within ourselves and others. It encourages empathy, compassion, and a sense of interconnectedness with all living beings, fostering a more harmonious and compassionate society.
The power of the human mind
20. “There is no limit to the power of the human mind. The more concentrated it is, the more power is brought to bear on one point.” ― Swami Vivekananda
Vivekananda highlights the limitless potential of the human mind and the effectiveness of concentration. It encourages us to develop our mental focus, helping us achieve our goals and ambitions more effectively.
21. “All knowledge that the world has ever received comes from the mind; the infinite library of the universe is in our own mind.” ― Swami Vivekananda
This quote underscores the idea that human knowledge and potential are vast and largely determined by our minds. It motivates us to embrace lifelong learning and personal development, recognizing that the potential for growth and understanding lies within us.
22. “The powers of the mind are like the rays of the sun when they are concentrated they illumine.” ― Swami Vivekananda
Vivekananda likens the mind’s potential to the concentrated rays of the sun, which can produce intense illumination. It emphasizes the importance of focusing our mental energy, leading to increased creativity, problem-solving, and achievement.
23. “The cheerful mind perseveres and the strong mind hews its way through a thousand difficulties.” ― Swami Vivekananda
This quote suggests that a positive and determined mindset is essential for overcoming obstacles. It inspires us to maintain a positive attitude and resilience when facing challenges, ultimately leading to success.
24. “When an idea exclusively occupies the mind, it is transformed into an actual physical or mental state.” ― Swami Vivekananda
Vivekananda highlights the transformative power of intense mental focus on turning ideas into reality. It motivates us to set clear goals, concentrate on them, and work towards realizing our aspirations and ambitions.
I hope you liked the above Swami Vivekananda Quotes. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You may also like the motivational articles mentioned below:
- Rabindranath Tagore Quotes
- Mother Teresa Quotes
- C.S. Lewis Quotes
- Albert Camus Quotes
- Theodore Roosevelt Quotes
- Pablo Picasso Quotes