Find here 10 thoughts from Nelson Mandela that will be helpful for you to develop yourself.
Nelson Mandela was a South African anti-apartheid revolutionary. He served as the first black president of South Africa from 1994 to 1999.
During his lifetime he devoted himself to the anti-apartheid struggle for the African people. He has cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all individuals live together in harmony and with equal opportunities.
This is an ideal for all and he used to fight for this ideal. And he believed that if needed, he can even give his life for this ideal. He is the inspiration for all. Here we are sharing the 10 best self-development thoughts said by Nelson Mandela that will help you to develop yourself for the best.
Nelson Mandela Thoughts to develop yourself
Find here 10 inspiring life lesson thoughts from Nelson Mandela to develop yourself.
1. “Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” ― Nelson Mandela
The path you have gone through to achieve success was never easy. To achieve your goal, you have tried without stopping, you have faced many difficulties, you have achieved success by defeating every challenge. That is why one should not look at one’s success but at his/her efforts.
2. “I am the captain of my soul.” ― Nelson Mandela
I am the captain of my soul. I’ll do whatever I want. I will live the way I want to live my life. No one can tell me how my life should be or how I should maintain my lifestyle. I know the most about what would be better for me.
3. “One of the things I learned when I was negotiating was that until I changed myself, I could not change others.” ― Nelson Mandela
You have to change yourself before changing others and also you need to throw out all your weaknesses. You have to improve yourself first and believe in yourself more than anyone else. Those who understand themselves better can understand others better. So if you want to change others, take the lead of others. First, you have to change yourself and need to lead yourself first.
4. “One cannot be prepared for something while secretly believing it will not happen.” ― Nelson Mandela
We have to try our best to complete the work we got. No matter how difficult the task is, if your morale is strong, and you have confidence in your ability to complete that task, then you can accomplish that task. So think that you can do it and be ready to complete the task.
5. “I have never cared very much for personal prizes. A person does not become a freedom fighter in the hope of winning awards.” ― Nelson Mandela
The country’s benefit is more important than personal benefit. If we are doing any work dedicated towards the country, then we should not think about our personal benefits. Our aim should be that we will do whatever is best for the country. It does not matter whether we get something personally or not.
6. “Once a person is determined to help themselves, there is nothing that can stop them.” ― Nelson Mandela
There are many situations in life where there is no one to help us. At this time we should help ourselves. When you make up your mind that you will help yourself, no matter what the circumstances are, you do not hold back. You do your best to deal with it.
7. “I never lose. I either win or learn.” ― Nelson Mandela
When you try to reach your destination, there are many challenges along the way. When you go ahead overcoming those challenges, you keep improving yourself. If you reach the top of the mountain, you are a successful person. If you just can’t reach the top for some reason, you can tell people what made you unable to achieve success.
8. “A winner is a dreamer who never gives up” ― Nelson Mandela
When you make a goal for yourself, and never sit down silently, whatever sacrifices you have to make to achieve your dreams, you do. You try again and again without stopping. You keep moving forward without giving up on challenges. And, in the end, you achieve success and become a winner.
9. “I am not what happened to me; I am what I choose to become.” ― Nelson Mandela
It never matters what is happening to you in your life. Because everyone faces some challenges in their life. But the difference lies in what kind of attitude you have when challenges come. If you want to be a courageous person, you have to deal with challenges. You have to overcome the challenges with your abilities and self-confidence.
10. “May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.” ― Nelson Mandela
When there are two or more than two paths in front of you and you don’t know where the path will lead you, But you have to choose one of them to reach your destination. You have to go by thinking that this path may take you to your destination.
Final Words: I hope you liked the above Self-help thoughts said by Nelson Mandela to develop yourself. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You may also like the motivational quotes mentioned below:
- Positive Mindset Tips to become a positive thinker
- 10 Self-control tips by Chanakya to control yourself
- Thoughts by Sudha Murthy to know the real-life meaning
- Nelson Mandela Quotes to find motivation