Check out some of the best collections of unique riddles, fun puzzle questions, and brain teasers for kids and adults here. And to solve these riddles we are also sharing the answer to the question.
Unique Riddles With Answers
1. Always in you, Sometimes on you; If I surround you, I can kill you. What am I? Answer: Water.
2. Can you write down eight eights so that they add up to one thousand? Answer: 888 + 88 + 8 + 8 + 8 = 1000.
3. How do you make the number 7 even without addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division? Answer: Drop the “S”.
4. I am a word of six; my first three letters refer to an automobile; my last three letters refer to a household animal; my first four letters are a fish; my whole is found in your room. What am I? Answer: A carpet.
5. I am four times as old as my daughter. In 20 years time I shall be twice as old as her. How old are we now? Answer: I am 40 and my daughter is 10.
6. I have a little house in which I live all alone. It has no doors or windows, and if I want to go out I must break through the wall. What am I? Answer: A chick in an egg.
7. If eleven plus two equals one, what does nine plus five equal? Answer: 11 o’clock plus 2 hours = 1 o’clock 9 o’clock plus 5 hours = 2 o’clock
8. It can’t be seen, can’t be felt, can’t be heard, and can’t be smelt. It lies behind stars and under hills, And empty holes it fills. It comes first and follows after, Ends life, and kills laughter. What is it? Answer: The dark.
9. Mr. and Mrs. Mustard have six daughters and each daughter has one brother. How many people are in the Mustard family? Answer: There are nine Mustards in the family. Since each daughter shares the same brother, there are six girls, one boy, and Mr. and Mrs. Mustard.
10. What common English verb becomes its own past tense by rearranging its letters? Answer: Eat and Ate.
11. What English word retains the same pronunciation, even after you take away four of its five letters? Answer: Queue.
12. What has six faces, but does not wear makeup, has twenty-one eyes, but cannot see? What is it? Answer: A die (dice).
13. What two whole, positive numbers have a one-digit answer when multiplied and a two-digit answer when added? Answer: 1 and 9.
14. Which word is the odd one out: Seventy, Brawl, Clover, Proper, Carrot, Swing, Change, Travel, Sacred, Stone? Answer: Carrot. When the first and last letters are removed from the other words, they still spell another word.
15. Who is that with a neck and no head, two arms, and no hands? What is it? Answer: A shirt.
Unique Riddles For Kids With Answers
16. You live in a one-story house made entirely of redwood. What color would the stairs be? Answer: What stairs? You live in a one-story house.
17. A man was just doing his job when his suit was torn. Why did he die three minutes later? Answer: He was an astronaut on a spacewalk, doing repairs.
18. Five apples are in a basket. How do you divide them among five girls so that each girl gets an apple, but one apple remains in the basket? Answer: Give the fifth girl her apple in the basket.
19. How much will a 38° angle measure when looked at under a microscope that magnifies ten times? Answer: It will still be 38°.
20. I always follow you around, everywhere you go at night. I look very bright to people, but I can make the sun dark. I can be in many different forms and shapes. What am I? Answer: The moon!
21. I can be long, or I can be short. I can be grown, and I can be bought. I can be painted, or left bare. I can be round, or square. What am I? Answer: Your fingernails.
22. I have three feet but can’t walk; I tell you things but can’t talk; Sometimes I bend but I’m mostly straight. I’m like a scale but can’t tell your weight. What am I? Answer: A yardstick.
23. I’m not clothes but I cover your body; The more I’m used, the thinner I grow. What am I? Answer: Bar of soap.
24. If 5 cats catch 5 mice in 5 minutes, how long will it take one cat to catch a mouse? Answer: Five minutes.
25. If the day before yesterday is the 23rd, then what is the day after tomorrow? Answer: The 27th.
26. If your uncle’s sister is not your aunt, what relation is she to you? Answer: Your mother.
27. Two girls have the same parents and were born at the same hour of the same day of the same month, but they are not twins. How can this be possible? Answer: They were not born in the same year.
28. What can you hold in your right hand, but not in your left? Answer: Your left hand!
29. What was never scared but became petrified, can’t make a bird but can make a bat, can’t live in a house but would die to have one. What is it? Answer: A tree.
30. When asked how old she was, Suzie replied, “In two years I will be twice as old as I was five years ago.” How old is she? Answer: She’s 12!
31. When can you add two to eleven and get one as the correct answer? Answer: When you add two hours to eleven o’clock, you get one o’clock.
(Image Source: freepik.com)