Read some inspiring Victor Hugo Quotes on love to finding motivation in your life.
French poet Victor-Marie Hugo is considered one of the greatest and best-known French writers. He was also known as a novelist, essayist, playwright, and dramatist of the Romantic movement. He is remembered as a beloved writer of the people.
In this post, we are sharing some motivational quotes on love said by Victor Hugo to know the importance of love in everyone’s life. Let’s read those love quotes to feel your inner love.
Victor Hugo Quotes on Love
Read the below Love Quotes from Victor Hugo to know the importance of life.
1. “I have been loving you a little more every minute since this morning.” ― Victor Hugo
2. “If people did not love one another, I really don’t see what use there would be in having any spring.” ― Victor Hugo
3. “Life is the flower for which love is the honey.” ― Victor Hugo
4. “Love is jealous and ingenious in self-torture in proportion as it is pure and intense.” ― Victor Hugo
5. “Life’s greatest happiness is to be convinced we are loved.” ― Victor Hugo
6. “Love each other dearly always. There is scarcely anything else in the world but that: to love one another.” ― Victor Hugo
7. “Love is a portion of the soul itself, and it is of the same nature as the celestial breathing of the atmosphere of paradise.” ― Victor Hugo
8. “Love is like a tree: it grows by itself, roots itself deeply in our being, and continues to flourish over a heart in ruin. The inexplicable fact is that the blinder it is, the more tenacious it is. It is never stronger than when it is completely unreasonable.” ― Victor Hugo
9. “Love is the foolishness of men, and the wisdom of God.” ― Victor Hugo
10. “Love is the only future God offers.” ― Victor Hugo
11. “Loving is almost a substitute for thinking. Love is a burning forgetfulness of all other things. How shall we ask passion to be logical?” ― Victor Hugo
12. “The first symptom of love in a young man is timidity; in a girl boldness.” ― Victor Hugo
13. “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved – loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” ― Victor Hugo
14. “The most powerful symptom of love is a tenderness which becomes at times almost insupportable.” ― Victor Hugo
15. “The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather in spite of ourselves.” ― Victor Hugo
16. “To love another person is to see the face of God.” ― Victor Hugo
17. “To love beauty is to see light.” ― Victor Hugo
18. “To love or have loved is all-sufficing. We must not ask for more. No other pearl is to be found in the shadowy folds of life. To love is an accomplishment.” ― Victor Hugo
19. “When a woman is talking to you, listen to what she says with her eyes.” ― Victor Hugo
20. “You who suffer because you love, love still more. To die of love, is to live by it.” ― Victor Hugo
21. “What a grand thing, to be loved! What a grander thing still, to love!” ― Victor Hugo
22. “What Is Love? I have met in the streets a very poor young man who was in love. His hat was old, his coat worn, the water passed through his shoes and the stars through his soul.” ― Victor Hugo
I hope you liked the above Love Quotes from Victor Hugo. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You may also like the motivational articles mentioned below: