Vidya Balan is mostly known for her work in female-oriented films to transform the portrayal of women. Read here Inspiring Quotes from Vidya Balan that will help you to never give up in your life.
Short Biography of Vidya Balan
Vidya Balan was born on 1 January 1979 in Mumbai. Her father P. R. Balan is the Executive Vice President of Digicable and her mother Saraswathy Balan is a housewife. Vidya did her schooling at St. Anthony Girls’ High School, Mumbai.
At a young age, Inspired by the work of actors Shabana Azmi and Madhuri Dixit, Vidya aspired to make a career in film. At the age of 16, Vidya started acting in Ekta Kapoor’s TV serial Hum Paanch. By the end of the serial, she got a chance to work in another serial of Anurag Basu. Vidya declined the offer as she wanted to focus on her film career.
Her parents supported the decision but encouraged her to complete her education first. Following the parents’ advice, she attended St. Xavier’s College to pursue a bachelor’s degree in sociology and later earned a master’s degree from the University of Mumbai.
The never give up story of Vidya Balan
During her master’s degree studies, Vidya was cast in the Malayalam film Chakram opposite Mohanlal. But due to some difficulties, the shooting of Chakram got stopped. The filmmakers blamed Vidya for this incident. Later, she was later signed up for 12 other Malayalam language films, but the shooting of all the films just stopped due to some reason. She was called the bad luck of Malayalam films.
Vidya shifted her focus from Malayalam cinema to Tamil cinema. In 2001, she was signed in N. Linguswamy’s film Run. But after completing the first shooting schedule, she was unceremoniously dropped and was replaced by Meera Jasmine. Vidya was signed under false pretenses for a sex comedy, but she did not feel comfortable and left the project. Thereafter, she signed for the third Tamil film, Manasellam (2003), but was replaced by Trisha as the director was dissatisfied with her work. Then she worked for a Malayalam film called Kalari Vikraman in 2003, but the film failed to release.
Even after failing to start a film career, she did not give up. She made several appearances in about 60 television commercials.
In 2003, Vidya got a chance to work in a Bengali film Bhalo Theko. She was selected for Best Actress for her strong performance in that film and was awarded the Anandalok Award.
From here things started getting easier for Vidya. On Pradeep Sarkar’s recommendation, Vidya auditioned for the lead role in the Hindi film Parineeta. The film’s producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra initially wanted to cast an established actress in the film but agreed to cast Vidya after six months of trials. The film Parineeta became a superhit and Vidya’s performance received praise from critics. She received the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut.
After this, Vidya started showing her acting skill.
She appeared in many super hit films like Parineeta, Lage Raho Munna Bhai, Bhool Bhulaiyaa, Paa, Kahaani, The Dirty Picture, Tumhari Sulu, Mission Mangal, and Shakuntala Devi.
She has received the National Film Award for the film The Dirty Picture. In 2014, she was honored by the Government of India with India’s fourth-highest civilian award, Padma Shri. Apart from this Vidya has won many awards. She has achieved superstardom herself on the basis of her acting. Vidya also promotes humanitarian causes and supports the empowerment of women.
Vidya Balan Inspiring Quotes
Read here some motivational quotes said by Vidya Balan that will help you to never give up in your life.
Life Quotes by Vidya Balan:
1. “Life has been kind to me. I am happy with the love and appreciation that I have been getting throughout my career. I feel blessed.” – Vidya Balan believes that life has been good to her, and she’s grateful for the love and support she has received in her career. This quote inspires us to appreciate the good things that come our way and feel blessed for the love and appreciation we receive.
2. “I’m someone who believes in ‘live and let live,’ and that applies to everything.” – Vidya Balan is a believer in allowing people to live their lives the way they want to without interfering. This quote inspires us to be accepting and not judge others for their choices, letting them live their lives freely.
3. “I enjoy the sari. I think it’s the sexiest garment ever.” – Vidya Balan loves wearing traditional Indian attire, the sari. This quote inspires us to find joy and beauty in the things we love, even if they are traditional and may not be considered “trendy.”
4. “Sari shows you the right amount, it covers the right amount, it’s extremely versatile, it suits every body type, it suits every face.” – Vidya Balan admires the sari for its versatility and how it can suit everyone. This quote inspires us to appreciate and embrace things that are versatile and suitable for all, just like the sari.
5. “I could live in a sari; I was born to wear a sari.” – Vidya Balan feels so comfortable and connected to the sari that she could wear it all the time. This quote inspires us to follow our heart and embrace what feels most natural and comfortable to us.
Vidya Balan’s Thoughts on Women:
6. “As women, we are constantly criticizing and judging ourselves in terms of our body, how we dress, what profession we take up, how we fare in that.” – Vidya Balan acknowledges that women often judge themselves based on their appearance and career choices. This quote inspires us to be kinder to ourselves and not be overly critical.
7. “Indian women are gifted with certain body types and features, which is healthy, and we should accept that.” – Vidya Balan emphasizes that Indian women have unique and healthy body types and features, encouraging self-acceptance. This quote inspires us to embrace our natural attributes and appreciate our uniqueness.
8. “Women are blessed with energy – a power that is unique.” – Vidya Balan believes that women possess a special kind of energy and power. This quote inspires us to recognize and harness the unique strengths and capabilities that women have.
9. “I have been very fortunate to have played strong women and explored their strengths through my films.” – Vidya Balan is grateful for the opportunity to portray strong women in her films. This quote inspires us to seek out and celebrate the strengths and resilience of women in various roles and professions.
Related: Kangana Ranaut Quotes
Vidya Balan’s Thoughts on Being Traditional:
10. “Being traditional is a choice for me.” – Vidya Balan sees her adherence to traditional values as a personal choice. This quote inspires us to make choices that align with our values and traditions.
11. “South Indian families bring up their children with a sense of freedom, self-respect, and self-value.” – Vidya Balan highlights the positive upbringing in South Indian families, instilling values like freedom, self-respect, and self-value. This quote inspires us to foster such values in our own families and communities.
12. “We do whatever we have to with earnestness and honesty, including being uninhibited. Yet we hold onto our roots.” – Vidya Balan emphasizes that it’s possible to be both open-minded and traditional, and to maintain a connection to one’s cultural roots. This quote inspires us to remain true to our heritage while embracing modernity with sincerity and honesty.
Vidya Balan’s Inspirational Quotes:
13. “Marriage is something I’d recommend everyone to try, if you find the right person, of course.” – Vidya Balan suggests that marriage can be a wonderful experience if you find the right partner. This quote inspires us to consider marriage when we find someone special, emphasizing the importance of choosing the right person for a happy marriage.
14. “I don’t think my competition is with the heroes. I don’t think I’m competing with anyone.” – Vidya Balan doesn’t see herself as competing with others. This quote inspires us to focus on our own path and not compare ourselves to others.
15. “When I stopped competing with anything is when I started enjoying my work, and that brought out the best in me.” – Vidya Balan found that her best work came when she stopped trying to compete with others. This quote inspires us to enjoy what we do without constantly comparing ourselves to others.
16. “I’m living in a universe of my own, and I’m enjoying that. I love to appreciate other people’s work.” – Vidya Balan feels content in her own world and enjoys appreciating the work of others. This quote inspires us to find joy in our unique interests and appreciate the talents of others.
17. “I think the beautiful thing about the past is that it leads you to the present.” – Vidya Balan believes that the past helps shape the present. This quote inspires us to learn from our past experiences to create a better present.
18. “I’m not fashionable, and I know nothing about fashion, but I have my individual style, and style is eternal.” – Vidya Balan acknowledges her unique style, which is not defined by fashion trends. This quote inspires us to embrace our individual style and understand that style is timeless.
19. “I started feeling secure in every way once I began to accept myself the way I was.” – Vidya Balan found security in accepting herself as she is. This quote inspires us to build self-confidence by embracing our true selves.
20. “I don’t bother about how people feel about me. What matters to me is how I feel about them.” – Vidya Balan doesn’t focus on how others perceive her but on how she feels about them. This quote inspires us to prioritize our own feelings and relationships over others’ opinions.
21. “I am not someone to define my goals.” – Vidya Balan doesn’t feel the need to rigidly define her goals. This quote inspires us to be open to different paths and not stress about having everything planned out.
22. “All over the world, people are looking at India and saying ‘wow,’ and that’s because we have begun to say ‘wow’ ourselves.” – Vidya Balan believes that by recognizing the beauty in our own culture, we can make others appreciate it too. This quote inspires us to take pride in our heritage and culture.
23. “From Shakespeare to Robi Thakur, everyone has written stories about people and incidents around them. There is no creativity minus reality irrespective of how flowery or abstract you make it.” – Vidya Balan highlights the importance of reality in creativity. This quote inspires us to draw from our own experiences and the world around us when expressing our creativity.
Related: Deepika Padukone Quotes
Vidya Balan Inspiring Movie Dialogues:
24. “I don’t know how to live, But I can teach how to live.” (Hamari Adhuri Kahani) – This dialogue inspires us to help others even when we face difficulties ourselves. It shows that even if we don’t have all the answers in life, we can still guide and support others on their journey.
25. “The heart of a father is not always tough, it is often helpless.” (Bobby Jasoos) – This dialogue reminds us that even strong and protective people have moments of vulnerability. It encourages us to understand and empathize with the feelings of our loved ones, even when they appear strong.
26. “Pray to whatever god you want … just pray to the power, not the picture.” (Mission Mangal) – This dialogue inspires us to focus on the higher power or the essence of something, rather than getting caught up in external appearances or superficial aspects. It encourages us to seek the real strength in what we believe in.
27. “When life is given only once… then why think twice.” (The Dirty Picture) – This dialogue encourages us to live our lives to the fullest without hesitating or overthinking. It reminds us that life is precious, and we should make the most of it.
28. “Every human dreams. But if there are hiccups in the dream, then the dream breaks.” (Paa) – This dialogue reminds us that while everyone has dreams, challenges and obstacles can sometimes hinder our progress. It inspires us to persist and overcome hurdles in pursuit of our dreams.
29. “The bigger the amount is … the higher the risk will be.” (Ishqiya) – This dialogue teaches us that with greater rewards come greater risks. It inspires us to be prepared for challenges and understand that taking risks can lead to big achievements.
30. “Some people make their name from their work … I have spoilt mine with my work.” (The Dirty Picture) – This dialogue highlights that our actions and choices can impact our reputation. It inspires us to be conscious of the quality and impact of our work on our name and legacy.
31. “Teaching means learning every day.” (Shakuntala Devi) – This dialogue emphasizes that teaching is a continual learning process. It inspires us to understand that when we teach, we also gain new knowledge and insights, making us better with each passing day.
I hope you liked these Vidya Balan Quotes. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You may also like the Motivational quotes mentioned below: