Vidya Balan is mostly known for her work in female-oriented films to transform the portrayal of women. Read here Inspiring Quotes from Vidya Balan that will help you to never give up in your life.
Short Biography of Vidya Balan
Vidya Balan was born on 1 January 1979 in Mumbai. Her father P. R. Balan is the Executive Vice President of Digicable and her mother Saraswathy Balan is a housewife. Vidya did her schooling at St. Anthony Girls’ High School, Mumbai.
At a young age, Inspired by the work of actors Shabana Azmi and Madhuri Dixit, Vidya aspired to make a career in film. At the age of 16, Vidya started acting in Ekta Kapoor’s TV serial Hum Paanch. By the end of the serial, she got a chance to work in another serial of Anurag Basu. Vidya declined the offer as she wanted to focus on her film career.
Her parents supported the decision but encouraged her to complete her education first. Following the parents’ advice, she attended St. Xavier’s College to pursue a bachelor’s degree in sociology and later earned a master’s degree from the University of Mumbai.
The never give up story of Vidya Balan
During her master’s degree studies, Vidya was cast in the Malayalam film Chakram opposite Mohanlal. But due to some difficulties, the shooting of Chakram got stopped. The filmmakers blamed Vidya for this incident. Later, she was later signed up for 12 other Malayalam language films, but the shooting of all the films just stopped due to some reason. She was called the bad luck of Malayalam films.
Vidya shifted her focus from Malayalam cinema to Tamil cinema. In 2001, she was signed in N. Linguswamy’s film Run. But after completing the first shooting schedule, she was unceremoniously dropped and was replaced by Meera Jasmine. Vidya was signed under false pretenses for a sex comedy, but she did not feel comfortable and left the project. Thereafter, she signed for the third Tamil film, Manasellam (2003), but was replaced by Trisha as the director was dissatisfied with her work. Then she worked for a Malayalam film called Kalari Vikraman in 2003, but the film failed to release.
Even after failing to start a film career, she did not give up. She made several appearances in about 60 television commercials.
In 2003, Vidya got a chance to work in a Bengali film Bhalo Theko. She was selected for Best Actress for her strong performance in that film and was awarded the Anandalok Award.
From here things started getting easier for Vidya. On Pradeep Sarkar’s recommendation, Vidya auditioned for the lead role in the Hindi film Parineeta. The film’s producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra initially wanted to cast an established actress in the film but agreed to cast Vidya after six months of trials. The film Parineeta became a superhit and Vidya’s performance received praise from critics. She received the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut.
After this, Vidya started showing her acting skill.
She appeared in many super hit films like Parineeta, Lage Raho Munna Bhai, Bhool Bhulaiyaa, Paa, Kahaani, The Dirty Picture, Tumhari Sulu, Mission Mangal, and Shakuntala Devi.
She has received the National Film Award for the film The Dirty Picture. In 2014, she was honored by the Government of India with India’s fourth-highest civilian award, Padma Shri. Apart from this Vidya has won many awards. She has achieved superstardom herself on the basis of her acting. Vidya also promotes humanitarian causes and supports the empowerment of women.
Vidya Balan Inspiring Quotes
Read here some motivational quotes said by Vidya Balan that will help you to never give up in your life.
Life Quotes by Vidya Balan
1. “Life has been kind to me. I am happy with the love and appreciation that I have been getting throughout my career. I feel blessed.” ― Vidya Balan
2. “I’m someone who believes in ‘live and let live,’ and that applies to everything.” ― Vidya Balan
3. “I enjoy the sari. I think it’s the sexiest garment ever.” ― Vidya Balan
4. “Sari shows you the right amount, it covers the right amount, it’s extremely versatile, it suits every body type, it suits every face.” ― Vidya Balan
5. “I could live in a sari; I was born to wear a sari.” ― Vidya Balan
Vidya Balan’s Thoughts on Women
6. “As women, we are constantly criticizing and judging ourselves in terms of our body, how we dress, what profession we take up, how we fare in that.” ― Vidya Balan
7. “Indian women are gifted with certain body types and features, which is healthy, and we should accept that.” ― Vidya Balan
8. “Women are blessed with energy – a power that is unique.” ― Vidya Balan
9. “I have been very fortunate to have played strong women and explored their strengths through my films.” ― Vidya Balan
Related: Kangana Ranaut Quotes
Vidya Balan’s Thoughts on Being Traditional
10. “Being traditional is a choice for me.” ― Vidya Balan
11. “South Indian families bring up their children with a sense of freedom, self-respect, and self-value.” ― Vidya Balan
12. “We do whatever we have to with earnestness and honesty, including being uninhibited. Yet we hold onto our roots.” ― Vidya Balan
Vidya Balan Inspirational Quotes
13. “Marriage is something I’d recommend everyone to try, if you find the right person, of course.” ― Vidya Balan
14. “I don’t think my competition is with the heroes. I don’t think I’m competing with anyone.” ― Vidya Balan
15. “When I stopped competing with anything is when I started enjoying my work, and that brought out the best in me.” ― Vidya Balan
16. “I’m living in a universe of my own, and I’m enjoying that. I love to appreciate other people’s work.” ― Vidya Balan
17. “I think the beautiful thing about the past is that it leads you to the present.” ― Vidya Balan
18. “I’m not fashionable, and I know nothing about fashion, but I have my individual style, and style is eternal.” ― Vidya Balan
Best Quotes & Sayings by Vidya Balan
19. “I started feeling secure in every way once I began to accept myself the way I was.” ― Vidya Balan
20. “I don’t bother about how people feel about me. What matters to me is how I feel about them.” ― Vidya Balan
21. “I am not someone to define my goals.” ― Vidya Balan
22. “All over the world, people are looking at India and saying ‘wow’, and that’s because we have begun to say ‘wow’ ourselves.” ― Vidya Balan
23. “From Shakespeare to Robi Thakur, everyone has written stories about people and incidents around them. There is no creativity minus reality irrespective of how flowery or abstract you make it.” ― Vidya Balan
Related: Deepika Padukone Quotes
Vidya Balan Inspiring Movie Dialogues
1. “I don’t know how to live, But I can teach how to live.” (Hamari Adhuri Kahani)
2. “The heart of a father is not always tough, it is often helpless.” (Bobby Jasoos)
3. “Pray to whatever god you want … just pray to the power, not the picture.” (Mission Mangal)
4. “When life is given only once… then why think twice.” (The Dirty Picture)
5. “Every human dream. But if there are hiccups in the dream, then the dream breaks.” (Paa)
6. “The bigger the amount is … the higher the risk will be.” (Ishqiya)
7. “Some people make their name from their work … I have spoilt mine with my work.” (The Dirty Picture)
8. “Teaching means learning every day.” (Shakuntala Devi)
I hope you liked these Vidya Balan Quotes. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You may also like the Motivational quotes mentioned below:
Also, you can join our Instagram page to get daily positive lines or you can visit our Pinterest page to get motivational images.