“What Am I” Riddles are the brain teasers to ask smartly logical questions. You can share these riddles with your kids or friends to make a challenge. This will be helpful to grow knowledge also. Let’s get here some “what am i” riddles to take a good challenge.
“What AM I” Riddles
1. A tiny house full of meat, no doors to go in and eat. what am I?
Answer: A walnut.
2. A small pool surrounded by two layers of walls. One white and soft and the other dark and hard, amidst a lawn of light gray grass with an outline of green grass. what am I?
Answer: A coconut.
3. Thin body, small eyes, whatever happens, I never cry. what am I?
Answer: A needle.
4. I am a very beautiful thing, which flutters in the pale-blue sky. Delicate, fragile on the wing, indeed I am a beautiful thing. what am I?
Answer: I am a butterfly.
5. A woman living in New York who is legally married to three men has not been divorced, enrolled, or legally separated. How is this possible?
Answer: She is a minister.
6. Always in you, sometimes on you; If I surround you, I can kill you. what am I?
7. Black I am and much admired, men look for me until they get tired. When they find me, they break my head and take my rest-bed from me. what am I?
8. Different lights make me weird, thus I will change to different sizes. what am I?
Answer: I am the pupil of an eye.
9. First I dry up, then I get wet; The longer I swim, the more flavor you get. what am I?
Read: Good Thoughts for students
10. Four fingers and one thumb, yet flesh and blood, I have none. what am I?
Answer: A glove.
11. Give me an X, I’ll stand to face you. Give me a cross, I’ll pat my back on you. what am I?
Answer: Number 9 (9 times 9 = 81, 9 plus 9 = 18).
12. I act like a cat, I look like a cat, yet I am not a cat. what am I?
13. I always follow you, wherever you go at night. I see people very bright, but I can darken the sun. I can be in many different forms and shapes. what am I?
14. I always have one eye open. what am I?
Answer: A needle
15. I am a passageway situated between high natural mass. Remove the first letter of mine and you have a path located among man-made masses. what am I?
Answer: A valley.
16. I’m a perching barrel, full of meat, taking hits from jumps and dives. Look inside, but don’t eat, the flesh there is still alive! what am I?
Answer: A thimble on one finger.
17. I am the stain of your memories, many times you question me. what am I?
Answer: I am your past.
18. I am a word of six; My first three letters refer to an automobile; My last three letters refer to a domestic animal; My first four characters are a fish; I have got my whole in your room. what am I?
Answer: A carpet.
19. I am essential to life, yet I can hold your breath. I am both in you and around you. what am I?
20. I am four letters long, I can be seen in the sky, I am the ocean and I am the ocean. can you guess me?
Answer: The color blue.
21. I am free yet priceless, you can’t own me but you can use me, you can’t keep me but you can spend me. Once you have lost me you can never get me back. what am I?
22. I am not alive, but I grow; I don’t have lungs, but I want air; I don’t have a mouth, but water kills me. what am I?
23. I am served at a table, in a gathering of two or four; Serve small, white, and round. You’ll love some, and that’s part of the fun. what am I?
Answer: Ping Pong Balls.
24. I am six characters old. When you take one, I am twelve years old. what am I?
Answer: Dozens of words.
25. I am something that people either love or hate. I change people’s looks and thoughts. If someone takes care of them himself, I will go even higher. To some people, I would fool them. To others, I am a mystery. Some people may try to hide me but I will show. No matter how hard people try, I will never go down. what am I?
26. I’m strong enough to break ships, but I’m afraid of the sun. what am I?
27. I have been taken from a mine and locked in a wooden case, from which I have never been freed, and yet almost everyone uses mine. what am I?
Answer: Pencil lead.
28. I am the beginning of suffering and the end of the disease. You cannot express happiness without me, yet I am in the midst of the cross. I am always at risk, yet never in danger. You can find me in the sun, but I’m never out of the dark. what am I?
Answer: The Letter S.
29. I am the beginning of the end, and the end of time and space. I am essential to creation, and I surround everything. what am I?
Answer: The letter e. End, timE, spacE, Every placE
30. I am the ruler of shovels, I have a double. I am as thin as a knife, I have a wife. what am I?
Answer: King of Spades (from a deck of cards).
31. I am two-faced but only one, I don’t have legs but travel widely. Men shed a lot of blood on me, kings leave a mark on me. I have the greatest power when given, yet the lust for me shuts me down. what am I?
Answer: A coin.
32. I am useless when together but useful when I am apart. what am I?
Answer: I am an egg.
33. I get wet when dry. what am I?
Answer: A towel.
34. When I am dirty I am white and when I am clean I am black. what am I?
Answer: A blackboard.
35. I can be broken, I can be made. I can be told, I can be played. what am I?
Answer: A joke!
36. I can be tall, or I can be short. I can be raised, and I can be bought. I can be painted, or left bare. I can be round or square. what am I?
Answer: Your nails.
37. I can come in a can, I can come as punch, I can come as a win, you can eat me for lunch. what am I?
Answer: Beet / Beet
38. I can fill a room or just a heart. Others can be with me, but I cannot be shared. what am I?