Are you worried about your past? Then you must the below healing the past quotes to find some motivation.
If we want to be happy in our life, then we need to forget what happened in the past and need to focus on living fully in the present. What has happened in the past cannot be changed. But the mistakes we have made in the past can teach us many things.
In this article, we are sharing some motivational Healing The Past Quotes that will help you to forget the mistakes of the past and move forward without worrying much about them. So, let’s read those past healing quotes.
Healing the past quotes
Healing the past quotes will help you to learn from the mistakes of your past.
How past affects your life?
1. “The past beats inside me like a second heart.” ― John Banville
2. “People are trapped in history and history is trapped in them.” ― James Baldwin
3. “You can lose your way groping among the shadows of the past.” ― Louis-Ferdinand Celine
Why do we need to leave our past?
4. “We are products of our past, but we don’t have to be prisoners of it.” ― Rick Warren
5. “Study the past if you would define the future.” ― Confucius
6. “Our past may shape us, but it doesn’t define us.” ― Alyson Noel
Inspiring Quotes to heal the past
7. “Don’t allow past experiences to be forgotten. Hold them close.” ― John-Talmage Mathis
8. “Our strengths are not our own until they are freed of the burden of having to heal the past.” ― Jonathan Raymond
9. “You couldn’t erase the past. You couldn’t even change it. But sometimes life offered you the opportunity to put it right.” ― Ann Brashares
10. “Healing is not about moving on or “getting over it,” it’s about learning to make peace with our pain and finding purpose in our lives again.” ― Shirley Kamisky
11. “Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got.” ― Robert Brault
12. “If you want to fly in the sky, you need to leave the earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go of the past that drags you down.” ― Amit Ray
13. “How you correct your mistakes will define your character and commitment to a higher power.” ― Shannon L. Alder
14. “It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” ― Germany Kent
15. “The past was always there, lived inside of you, and it helped to make you who you were. But it had to be placed in perspective. The past could not dominate the future.” ― Barbara Taylor Bradford
16. “This pain you are avoiding is a very necessary pain that will make you strong again.” ― Stephen Richards
17. “We don’t have to be defined by the things we did or didn’t do in our past. Some people allow themselves to be controlled by regret. Maybe it’s a regret, maybe it’s not. It’s merely something that happened. Get over it.” ― Pittacus Lore
18. “Everyone has a past, but that’s just it–it’s in the past. You can learn from it, but you can’t change it.” ― Nicholas Sparks
19. “When the storm rips you to pieces, you have to decide how to put yourself back together again.” ― Bryant McGill
20. “You cannot harden your heart to the future just because of your past. You cannot use cruelty against yourself to justify cruelty to others.” ― Marie Lu
21. “The past can teach us, nurture us, but it cannot sustain us. The essence of life changes, and we must move ever forward or the soul will wither and die.” ― Susanna Kearsley
22. “We have to walk by faith to possess all that is duly ours.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
23. “Your greatest healing lies in forgiving all that has wrong and hurt you.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
24. “You are strong enough to overcome the situation!” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
Motivational Quotes to heal the past
25. “Even the smallest shift in perspective can bring about the greatest healing.” ― Joshua Kai
26. “When you understand, that what you’re telling is just a story. It isn’t happening anymore. When you realize the story you’re telling is just words when you can just crumble up and throw your past in the trashcan, then we’ll figure out who you’re going to be.” ― Chuck Palahniuk
27. “If you have a past with which you feel dissatisfied, then forget it, now. Imagine a new story for your life and believe in it. Focus only on the moments when you achieved what you desired, and that strength will help you to get what you want.” ― Paulo Coelho
28. “Don’t let the past be the wall that blocks you; let it be the wind behind you that pushes you forward.” ― Kaylee Stepkoski
29. “Always choose the future over the past. What do we do now?” ― Brian Tracy
30. “We invent what we need to get us by, but in doing so we are really continuing to hold on to the pain of yesterday.” ― Stephen Richards
31. “You can learn to heal yourself, learn to understand that the pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow!” ― Stephen Richards
32. “Decide on the direction of your life and achieve the results you want to accomplish.” ― Leonie H. Mattison
33. “Put down your yesterday. It is too heavy to carry onto your tomorrow.” ― Sama Akbar
34. “Distancing yourself from some painful event is probably the ignition for the process of forgiveness.” ― Stephen Richards
35. “Dare to be vulnerable, walk outside without your armor on and say YES to your heart.” ― Alaric Hutchinson
36. “Learn to observe your emotions without needing to act or distract yourself from them. Within that stillness, your truest most vulnerable thoughts will arise and it is these thoughts that will show you where your healing work must begin.” ― Alaric Hutchinson
37. “There is no one way to recover and heal from any trauma. Each survivor chooses their own path or stumbles across it.” ― Laurie Matthew
38. “Forgiveness is the one gift you don’t give to others. Rather, it is the gift you give yourself, so you can finally be free.” ― Shannon Alder
39. “No human can bury their past indefinitely. It’s only a matter of time before you crack.” ― K.A. Tucker
Heal the past with help of learning quotes
40. “Sometimes in order to appreciate your future, you must remember the past.” ― Dennis E. Adonis
41. “Learn from the past, but don’t live in the past.” ― Steve Maraboli
42. “My past is trying to catch up to me and I must continue to run from it. It’s the only way I can live.” ― Nicole Sobon
43. “It’s best to be ruthless with the past.” ― Stephen King
44. “You can’t change where you came from, but you can change where you go from here.” ― Sarah Addison Allen
45. “Once your past no longer has the power to define you, your future is, quite literally, yours for the taking. Every single beautiful thing you could possibly want or imagine will be yours.” ― Dan Pearce
46. “If you remember your past too well you start blaming your present for it. Look what they did to me, that’s what caused me to be like this, it’s not my fault. Permit me to correct you: it probably is your fault. And kindly spare me the details.” ― Julian Barnes
47. “Everything that is past is either a learning experience to grow on, a beautiful memory to reflect on, or a motivating factor to act upon.” ― Denis Waitley
48. “The past is far behind. If you still want to look at it, you will painfully stretch your neck muscles. Don’t live in the past, leave the past, but learn from it.” ― Israelmore Ayivor
49. “Don’t recede in the past. Instead, refer to it, else you will remain in the remand of high demand but with the low command” ― Israelmore Ayivor
50. “The success of the future does not lie solely on the safety of the past, but relies broadly on the security of the present.” ― Israelmore Ayivor
51. “Every lesson you take from your past immediately turns into stairs to the light!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
I hope you liked the above Inspiring Healing the past Quotes. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You may also like the motivational quotes mentioned below:
Also, you can join our Instagram page to get daily positive lines or you can visit our Pinterest page to get motivational images.