Find here some motivational Shark Quotes from Shark Tank to find some motivation in your business.
Shark Tank is an American business reality television series that premiered on ABC on 9 August 2009. The show is the American franchise of the international format Dragons’ Den that was originated in Japan as Money Tigers in 2001.
It consists of five investors of entrepreneurs called “sharks”. This panel of sharks listens to the aspiring entrepreneur’s business model and decides whether or not to invest in their company. They invest their money in the business if they feel it is right for them. Aspiring entrepreneurs from around the world present their business models to investors or sharks and persuade them to invest in their idea.
The show started in 2009 and has had 13 seasons (285 episodes) as of 2022. The show had Kevin O’Leary, Barbara Corcoran, Daymond John, Robert Herjavec, Kevin Harrington, Mark Cuban, and Lori Greiner as primary investors. Guest investors include Jeff Foxworthy, Ashton Kutcher, and Chris Sacca.
Here are some inspirational shark quotes from Shark Tank on entrepreneurship that will help you to become successful in your areas of work. You can also read our motivational workspace quotes.
Best Shark Quotes from Shark Tank
Find Shark Quotes from some famous sharks of Shark Tank.
- Mark Cuban
- Kevin O’Leary
- Lori Greiner
- Robert Herjavec
- Daymond John
- Barbara Corcoran
- Chris Sacca
- Daniel Lubetzky
- Sara Blakely
- Bethenny Frankel
1. Mark Cuban
Mark Cuban is an American billionaire entrepreneur, television personality, and media owner. He is one of the main “shark” investors on the reality television series Shark Tank. He is the owner of the Dallas Mavericks professional basketball team of the National Basketball Association (NBA) and the co-owner of 2929 Entertainment. According to Forbes, His net worth is an estimated $4.3 billion and ranked No. 177 on the 2020 Forbes 400 list.
Mark Cuban Quotes
- If you can’t admit a failure, you’re not an entrepreneur. You are not a good business person. There’s nothing brilliant about what you are doing.
- When you’ve got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001?
- Leaders don’t look backward to condemn what has already been done; they look forward to creating a better future.
- I’m the one guy who says don’t force stupid people to be quiet. I want to know who the morons are.
- Automation is going to cause unemployment, and we need to prepare for it.
- Money is a scoreboard where you can rank how you’re doing against other people.
- I have always been selling. I always had something going on. That was just my nature.
- I still work hard to know my business. I’m continuously looking for ways to improve all my companies, and I’m always selling. Always.
- Anyone who says he is an expert in the market is lying to you. There is no such thing.
Also Read: Mark Cuban Inspirational Quotes
2. Kevin O’Leary
Kevin O’Leary’s nickname is Mr. Wonderful. He is a Canadian businessman, author, politician, and television presenter. He is also a main shark in the Shark Tank television show. O’Leary is the co-founder of the technology company, Softkey Software Products (later renamed The Learning Company.
Kevin O’Leary Quotes
- Money is my military, each dollar a soldier. I never send my money into battle unprepared and undefended. I send it to conquer and take currency prisoner and bring it back to me.
- The only reason to do business is to make money; that’s the only reason for doing business.
- Don’t cry about money, it never cries for you.
- Business is war. I go out there, I want to kill the competitors. I want to make their lives miserable, I want to steal their market share, I want them to fear me and I want everyone on my team thinking we’re going to win.
- If a manager can’t control his costs, fire them.
- I don’t mind rude people. I want people that I can make money with, so if their executional abilities are good, and they’re arrogant and rude, I don’t care.
- All businesses require capital, management, and labor, and business executives, wanting to grow and maintain profitable enterprises, have a strong incentive to keep costs, including labor, as low as possible.
- You’d rather own gold; never own the miner.
- Nobody forces you to work at Wal-Mart. Start your own business! Sell something to Wal-Mart!
3. Lori Greiner
Lori Greiner is an American entrepreneur, television personality, one of the investors in the reality TV show Shark Tank. Greener for Your Ease Only, Inc. is the President and Founder of. She has been known as the “Queen of QVC” since 2000, with the premiere of her show Clever and Unique Creations.
Lori Greiner Quotes
- In business, it is most often all about getting your foot in the door and once you do, everything opens up and things start to naturally progress into bigger and more opportunities.
- When I had challenges, it taught me to be more on top of it for the future. Things go wrong all the time when you’re running your own business, but it’s how you perceive it and deal with it that matters.
- I had an idea, I was passionate about it and I had to work hard to turn that into a big success and more products.
- I prefer to like the people I invest in, but it’s not an absolute necessity, as long as they have a good mind and I know they’ll do whatever it takes to be successful.
- People trust I know what I’m doing. I have lots of credibilities. I’ve had years of learning. I know and understand my business.
- I’ve achieved a certain amount of success and now I’m thinking about the good things I can do.
- I have an innate instinct for knowing what’s going to work.
- I’ve been making products for so long, I have a gut feel for what is right – what will work and what won’t. I can tell instantly if it’s a hero or a zero.
- I think people don’t like when you’re not confident about what you’re pitching, and they don’t want to invest in you or get behind you.
4. Robert Herjavec
Robert Herjavec is a Croatian-Canadian businessman and investor in the Shark Tank reality show. He founded BRAK Systems, a Canadian integrator of Internet security software, and sold it to AT&T Canada (now Allstream Inc.). He also founded a new IT company, The Herjavec Group, in 2003.
Robert Herjavec Quotes
- When I was a waiter, I wanted to be the best waiter I could be and worked to be better at it every day.
- I was one of those guys who never wanted to start their own business. I never saw myself as a leader, I saw myself as a great No. 2.
- I don’t think anybody ever started a great business because they wanted to make a little more cash. They had a dream. They wanted to better their life.
- Business is a sprint until you find an opportunity, then it’s the patience of a marathon runner.
- What is great about entrepreneurship is that entrepreneurs create the tangible from the intangible.
- People ask, ‘Are entrepreneurs born, or are they made?’ I think it’s a combination of both.
- Some people will lie to you because they mean to. Others will do it to tell you what you want to hear.
- I don’t think anyone wakes up and says, ‘I want my life to suck today.’
- I balance my meals, I have never been a big dessert guy.
5. Daymond John
Daymond John is an American businessman, public motivational speaker, and author. He is best known as the founder, president, and chief executive officer of FUBU. He is an investor on the Shark Tank reality television series. John is the CEO and founder of The Shark Group.
Daymond John Quotes
- Learn as many mistakes and what not to do while your business or product is small. Don’t be in such a hurry to grow your brand. Make sure that you and the market can sustain any bumps that may occur down the road.
- A lot of times, I can put a product together with a distributor when I go into my Rolodex for distributors. I can then put it together with a face, such as an artist. And then I can go into my databank of retailers and people that I’ve been working with through the years of retail, and then also manufacturing.
- I consider each business investment based on concept and revenue.
- Every problem can be solved as long as they use common sense and apply the right research and techniques.
- Most brands started from a strong base and kept a strong belief.
- As an entrepreneur, you never stop learning.
- Poor people put a low value on themselves and their efforts.
- Mentors, by far, are the most important aspects of businesses.
- A savvy entrepreneur will not always look for investment money, first.
6. Barbara Corcoran
Barbara Corcoran is an American businesswoman, investor, speaker, “Shark” investor in the Shark Tank reality show. She is the founder of the real estate brokerage company, The Corcoran Group.
Barbara Corcoran Quotes
- I’m never in control of my time during the workday.
- My greatest strength as a child, I realize now, was my imagination. While every other kid was reading and writing, I had seven whole hours a day to practice my imagination. When do you get that space in your life, ever?
- The best mistake I ever made was believing that I was stupid. It was a childhood thing, but it played out big-time as an adult. It scorned me the rest of my life – in a good way.
- I did everything in my power to give my brokers brand identity and clout in the market. I saw my job as a parent to build them up and if I took care of them, then they would take care of their customer.
- No one tells salesmen what they can and can’t do.
- Buy with your heart, not your head. You can look at all the aspects that make a purchase practical, but that kind of thinking makes it an investment rather than a home.
- Every single thing I learned about marketing and building my business, I learned from my mom, and she had never been in the workforce. She just had great practical sense.
- Don’t you dare underestimate the power of your own instinct?
- I wanted to be a 150% entrepreneur and a 150% mom, and I found that I was having a very hard time doing both. I was about 75% and 75% – still better than 100%, but not what I was accustomed to at work.
7. Chris Sacca
Chris Sacca is an American entrepreneur, investor, lawyer, and proprietor of Lowercase Capital, a venture capital fund. He was also a “Guest Shark” on the Shark Tank reality TV show.
Chris Sacca Quotes
- Just don’t spend your money, and you’re well on your way to becoming a millionaire.
- One rule we have at my house is, to be proud of what we invest in.
- Effective storytelling is the key to getting users to understand and adapt your product as well as imperative to recruiting team members and future investors.
- I wasn’t put on the Earth only to be an investor. That wasn’t my only thing in life. The problem is that as you get good at something and you keep getting better at something, more and more people just know you like that, and they have you in that box.
- One of my rules for investing is, I don’t invest in a deal where I don’t think I have an unfair advantage and where I don’t think I can personally impact the outcome.
- Startup investing is one of my things, but it is not my everything.
- The only way I know to be awesome at startups is to be obsessively focused and pegged to the floor of the deep end, gasping for air.
- I find talented, driven, boundlessly ambitious people and help them solve problems that will hopefully improve the lives of millions. Sometimes this means investing in startup founders. Other times, it involves helping organize and fundraise for charity or politics.
8. Daniel Lubetzky
Daniel Lubetzky is a Mexican-American businessman. He is the founder and executive chairman of snack company Kind LLC. Lubetzky is also the author of the New York Times bestselling book Do the Kind Thing, Think Boundlessly, Work Purposefully, Live Passionately. The book is based on Lubetzky’s entrepreneurial experience which was inspired by his father’s stories.
Daniel Lubetzky Quotes
- When you’re nice, you’re not bullying people. But when you’re kind, you stand up against the bully.
- We’re all human, and part of being human is showing respect and support for others’ life choices.
- It’s very important for people to know what gives them meaning. But it’s hard for people to figure out if you’re not connecting with yourself and taking the time to just be introspective and daydream.
- It doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from – there’s no substitute for hard work.
- Tasting failure, even when you truly believe in a project, is a critical part of the growth process.
- Our world desperately needs real leadership.
- We all have a responsibility to try and make this world better, whether it’s through our work, the causes we champion, the way that we treat people, or the values we impart to the next generation.
- Trying to forget or hide your mistakes is a huge error. Rather, hold them near and dear to your heart. Wear them proudly.
- There are corporate environments where a person has dedicated their life to working hard, and then they’re fired with a security person escorting them out the door. I find that so demeaning and disrespectful.
9. Sara Blakely
Sara Blakely is an American businesswoman and the founder of an American intimate apparel company Spanx. She was a guest investor on several episodes in seasons 9 and 10 of Shark Tank. In 2006, Blakely launched the Sara Blakely Foundation to help women through education and entrepreneurial training. In 2014, she was listed as the 93rd most powerful woman in the world by Forbes.
Sara Blakely Quotes
- Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.
- It’s important to be willing to make mistakes. The worst thing that can happen is you become memorable.
- Don’t let what you don’t know scare you, because it can become your greatest asset. And if you do things without knowing how they have always been done, you’re guaranteed to do them differently.
- It’s really a full-time job to manage our lives.
- Money is fun to make, fun to spend, and fun to give away.
- I think failure is nothing more than life’s way of nudging you that you are off course. My attitude to failure is not attached to the outcome, but in not trying. It is liberating. Most people attach failure to something not working out or how people perceive you. This way, it is about answering yourself.
- Everything in our society is so purposeful.
- You’ve got to embrace what you don’t know.
- I started thinking about joy. Everything in our society is so purposeful. Let’s bring joy back to the experience.
10. Bethenny Frankel
Bethenny Frankel is an American television personality, entrepreneur. Frankel is the founder of a lifestyle brand the Skinnygirl, and a disaster relief initiative BStrong. She is also the author of four self-help books.
Bethenny Frankel Quotes
- Your diet is a bank account. Good food choices are good investments.
- You cannot show people only the petals and not the thorns. It’s not fair to them.
- I like to look nice, but I’m not marketing being beautiful.
- Life is hopefully long, so I don’t know what the future will bring.
- Being with my family is my highest priority.
- It’s hard to wind down, but then I beat myself up because I have a tense back.
- Until you become a woman you don’t know the things that come with being a woman.
- I’m scared of the unknown future.
- I truly don’t believe in regret.
I hope you liked the above Shark Quotes from Shark Tank. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You can also read:
- Research Quotes for Students
- Time Quotes for students
- Patience Quotes for Students
- Positive Quotes for Students
- Educational Thoughts for Students
- Motivational Quotes for Students
- Good Thoughts for Students