Read here the Inspiring quotes said by Vijay Sethupathi to find the motivation that will help you to learn powerful lessons from your life experiences.
Who is Vijay Sethupathi?
Vijay Sethupathi is an Indian actor, producer, lyricist, and dialogue writer who works in Tamil, Malayalam, and Telugu. Referred to by fans and media as “Makkal Selvan”, meaning “People’s Treasure”. He has starred in more than 50 films including several successful ventures.
How was Vijay Sethupathi’s life journey?
Vijay Sethupathi was born on 16 January 1978 in Tamilnadu, India. In his childhood, he was a below-average student and was neither interested in sports nor extra-curricular activities. At age 16, he auditioned for a role in the Nammavar film but was rejected due to his short height. Sethupathi did a series of odd jobs for pocket money: salesman at a retail store, cashier at a fast-food joint, and phone booth operator. After his college education, he worked as an accountant assistant in Dubai. Unhappy with his job, he returned to India in 2003 and joined a marketing company. Vijay was motivated by director Balu Mahendra to pursue an acting career.
Vijay made his beginnings as a background actor in a few films but made his first lead role in the drama film Thenmerku Paruvakaatru in 2011. Vijay’s life got a turning point in 2012. Because in that year his three films Sundarapandian, Pizza, and Naduvula Konjam Pakkatha Kaanom were released and got commercial successes and raised his popularity.
What has Vijay Sethupathi achieved in his life?
Vijay Sethupathi made more than 50 films and got many film awards. Most of the films got commercial success. He is referred to by fans and media as “Makkal Selvan”, meaning “People’s Treasure”.
Vijay Sethupathi Inspiring Quotes
Read below motivational quotes said by Vijay Sethupathi to find motivation.
1. “We have to eradicate caste.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
2. “Caste has divided us. I wish it should be completely abolished from our society.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
3. “Politicians are dividing us based on caste lines.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
4. “I believe life is an ‘experience ball.’ You throw it at someone, it picks up their response… it grows. You play with that ball, learning what it teaches you.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
5. “One of my biggest drawbacks is my inability to maintain my physique.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
6. “Why are numbers so important? I take up a film I like, give it my best, and move on.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
7. “I came to the cinema for money. I had to settle a loan of Rs 10 lakh. I had no other go, so I thought I’d try my luck in films. I was earning Rs 25,000 at that time. It was not even enough for my family.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
8. “We never take people seriously when they are alive, but once they are gone, we always think that we should have treated them better.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
9. “I have had both joyful and heartbreaking moments in life, even now. Stardom doesn’t give us everything.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
10. “A new character is like bringing a new human being into your life.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
Food & Health
11. “When my parents force-fed me healthy food, they were confident they were giving me the best. But now, when I feed my children, I am not sure if what I am giving them is safe.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
12. “Politics and pesticides are destroying our food culture.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
13. “Your present is shaped by your yesterday, but you don’t have to advertise it.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
14. “When an actor decides to play a character, he must exude some sort of charisma and look relatable, even if he is playing the role of a really unattractive person.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
15. “There’s no challenge involved in any kind of role. I don’t have to prove or impress anybody.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
16. “The very expectation that an actor loves to experiment becomes a shackle that is difficult to snap out of.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
17. “In feature films, I used to be the hero’s friend, a regular character. In short films, I played the hero; I got roles where I could work on my character and performance. They made me aware of myself as an actor.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
18. “I was always under the impression that acting is an innate gift. Actors should realize the art of acting through their training.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
19. “I don’t overact, so people think that I naturally act well. I underplay my roles, and that has worked for me.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
20. “I don’t have a role model.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
21. “If I am ever forced to choose between my identity as a Tamilian and an award from the central government, I will choose the former.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
22. “I am an actor who doesn’t believe in carrying an ‘image’ in the industry. I don’t want to get trapped in an image.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
23. “I surrender to my directors. I do that because I respect them immensely.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
24. “In fact, a director’s talent scares me. I admit that they’re more intelligent than me, and I submit to that, as an assistant director does. Even when I have suggestions to make, I don’t state them strongly.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
25. “I had no interest in cinema until I was 24 years old. My friends had posters of their favorite stars in their houses, but I was far from a film buff – very detached from films.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
26. “The day I became a hero, my dream was realized. Everything else is a bonus.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
Related: Dhanush Inspiring Quotes
27. “If you start worrying about risks, you might as well stay inside the womb.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
28. “I can not stay at the place when a stranger starts talking to me. I will try to cut the speech as quickly as possible and move away. I had to break this inhibition before becoming an actor.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
29. “I don’t take any project lightly. Every project is important for me. In fact, every scene in every film is important.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
30. “If a film is suitable for family viewing, it should remain so, and if a film has some adult content, it should remain so, and these genres should never be mixed and spoil the vision of the storyteller.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
31. “I’m excited and nervous about every film; once I understand the medium fully, I’ll relax.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
32. “To be honest, many of my well-wishers want me to play the solo lead in films. Maybe, it’s time to think about it. In fact, I have cut down on signing up for multi-starrer films.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
33. “I’m self-taught. Even today, on the sets, I probe the lightmen, the stunt artists… they are from a period I’ve not seen; I can visualize it through them.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
34. “Planning bores me. I like to go with the flow. Being whimsical is nice, occasionally. It keeps things fresh; there’s no expectation.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
35. “I am not bothered about my career graph, as I am someone who doesn’t believe in planning things.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
36. “The food we eat is our identity. The youth of the nation must save our food culture and traditions. If not, it will affect future generations.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
37. “Education is a basic necessity.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
38. “All my films have turned out well only because of the director’s brilliance, not because of me.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
39. “I’ll give the director what he wants, but please explain the requirement. If it reaches me, then there’s communication.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
40. “I want to make my kind of films but make them work commercially, too. When my presentation meets the director’s imagination, the result will be great.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
41. “My job is to be sincere in my script. I am passionate about what I do.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
42. “There is no hard and fast rule that I only work with debutants. I give prime importance to the script, and when that works out, everything else falls in place automatically. In fact, most debutants express interest to work with me.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
43. “When I listen to a script, it has to be entertaining. People who come to the theatre should be happy and entertained.” ― Vijay Sethupathi
Final Words: I hope you liked the above Vijay Sethupathi Quotes. Don’t forget to mention the best line that you liked most from the above lines in the comment box below.
You may also like the Motivational quotes mentioned below:
Also, you can join our Instagram page to get daily positive lines or you can visit our Pinterest page to get motivational images.