Find here some best collected awaken quotes that will help you to improve your self-awareness.
The simple meaning of self-awareness is to understand yourself, your thoughts, and your feelings. When you understand yourself you can take the right decisions for yourself. It teaches what is the real value of yourself.
We have collected 26 positive motivational quotes that will help you to improve your self-awareness and awaken yourself.
Awaken Quotes To Improve Self-Awareness
If you want to improve yourself, then you need to read the below awaken quotes.
1. “A forced smile is a sign that feels wrong in your heart, so when it happens, try to identify it.” – Ashly Lorenzana
Identify Your Feelings: When you smile because you have to, but it doesn’t feel right inside, it’s like a little warning from your heart. The quote by Ashly Lorenzana tells us that we should pay attention to those forced smiles. They can show us when something’s not quite right, and we should try to figure out why.
2. “A strong man cannot help a weaker unless the weaker is willing to be helped.” – James Allen
Helping the Willing: James Allen’s quote reminds us that strong people can’t help someone who doesn’t want help. It’s like trying to teach someone who doesn’t want to learn. To make a difference, the other person must be open to receiving help.
3. “When you become clear who you really are, you know what will be best for you.” – Oprah Winfrey
Clarity About Yourself: Oprah Winfrey’s quote tells us that when you truly understand who you are, you’ll know what’s best for you. It’s like having a compass that guides you in making decisions because you know what suits you.
4. “Do not try to impress others at the cost of your progress.” – Gift Gugu Mona
Don’t Sacrifice Progress for Impressions: Gift Gugu Mona’s quote reminds us not to show off or try to look good just to impress others if it hampers our own growth. It’s better to focus on becoming better instead of trying to prove yourself to others.
5. “The thing that irritates us about others can help us to understand ourselves and move forward.” – Carl Gustav Jung
Understanding Through Irritations: Carl Gustav Jung’s quote suggests that when something about others annoys us, it can teach us about our own feelings and help us grow. It’s like using these irritations as a mirror to see ourselves better.
6. “Fear is something that can make our soul aware and taken to a higher level.” – Don DeLillo
Fear as an Awakener: Fear, according to Don DeLillo, can be like an alarm that wakes up our inner self and pushes us to become stronger. It’s a reminder that we can overcome challenges and reach higher levels of understanding.
7. “Try to find yourself. Understand who you are.” – Dolly Parton
Discover Yourself: Dolly Parton’s quote encourages us to explore and find out who we truly are. It’s like a journey of self-discovery, which can lead to personal growth and a better understanding of yourself.
8. “I am not a bird. I am an independent person with free will.” – Charlotte Brontë
Independence and Identity: Charlotte Brontë’s quote emphasizes that you’re not just a follower or a copy; you have your own choices and identity. You’re not limited by what others expect of you.
9. “I am who I am. Not less than anyone, not more than anyone.” – Terry Goodkind
Embrace Your Identity: Terry Goodkind’s quote highlights the importance of accepting and being proud of who you are, without feeling superior or inferior to others.
10. “What I want to learn, I have to learn today, tomorrow I have to use it.” – Manoranjan Sahoo
Learning and Applying: Manoranjan Sahoo’s quote stresses that learning should lead to action. What you learn today, you should put into practice tomorrow, making each day a step toward your goals.
11. “If we cannot laugh at ourselves, we do not have the right to laugh at others.” – C.H. Hamel
Laugh at Yourself: C.H. Hamel’s quote reminds us that it’s essential to have a sense of humor about our own shortcomings. Only then can we humorously look at others’ imperfections without being judgmental.
12. “If you know about yourself who you are and what you are doing. You can understand others, and influence those around you.” – Oscar Auliq-Ice
Self-Knowledge for Understanding Others: Oscar Auliq-Ice suggests that knowing ourselves helps us understand and influence those around us. It’s like a key to better relationships.
13. “If you do not have control over your mouth, you cannot control your future.” – Germany Kent
Mouth Control for Future Control: Germany Kent’s quote implies that the words we say today can impact our future. If we can’t control our speech, we might not control the outcomes we desire.
14. “If you do not know your limits, you cannot cross them.” – Asuni LadyZeal
Knowing Your Limits: Asuni LadyZeal’s quote suggests understanding our limits is the first step to pushing beyond them. It’s like knowing how high you can jump before attempting to jump higher.
15. “If you are jealous of someone then it means you do not approve of the truth yourself.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
Jealousy and Self-Reflection: Rasheed Ogunlaru’s quote indicates that feeling jealous of someone may reveal our own insecurities. Instead of resenting others, we should look within and work on self-approval.
Know Yourself Before Others: Max Hawthorne’s quote suggests that it’s important to understand yourself first before trying to understand or deal with others. It’s like knowing your strengths and weaknesses before entering a competition.
17. “Knowing ourselves is the beginning of all transformation. About ourselves. About our relationships. About our world.” – Nicola Jane Hobbs
Self-Knowledge Leads to Transformation: Nicola Jane Hobbs tells us that getting to know ourselves is the starting point for change. When we understand ourselves, we can transform not only our own lives but also our relationships and the world around us.
18. “Life is about choices and those choices create experiences, and from those experiences, we learn valuable lessons.” – Heather Bennett
Life is About Learning from Choices: Heather Bennett’s quote teaches us that life is a series of choices, and these choices lead to experiences. These experiences, whether positive or negative, offer valuable lessons that can help us grow.
19. “If you look outside you will see yourself. If you look inside you will find yourself.” – Drew Gerald
Finding Yourself Within: Drew Gerald’s quote suggests that looking within ourselves is where we can truly discover our essence. It’s like a treasure hunt for self-understanding.
20. “Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides.” – André Malraux
Identity and Hidden Truths: André Malraux’s quote points out that who we really are is often hidden beneath the surface, and we need to uncover our true selves rather than pretending to be someone we’re not.
Awesome Awaken Quotes for you
Self-Care Through Self-Knowledge: Socrates encourages us to know ourselves because it’s a path to self-care. When you understand your needs and values, you can better take care of yourself.
22. “It’s the most miserable thing that the person who tries to be someone else other than himself.” – Asmaa Dokmak
Authenticity Over Imitation: Asmaa Dokmak reminds us that trying to be someone else is a miserable endeavor. Being true to yourself is more satisfying and fulfilling.
23. “Nobody knows your truth except you. If your truth is secure in yourself, no one and nothing can touch you.” – Brittany Burgunder
The Power of Your Truth: Brittany Burgunder emphasizes that you are the guardian of your own truth. When you hold your truth securely, no external influence can shake you.
24. “Only you can take your inner freedom away from yourself, or you can give it to yourself. Nobody else can do this.” – Michael A. Singer
Inner Freedom is in Your Hands: Michael A. Singer’s quote suggests that only you have the power to either take away or give yourself inner freedom. It’s like holding the key to your own happiness.
25. “Want to control yourself? Start telling yourself: “not now” “not today” “not this” “no more”.” – Manoranjan Sahoo
Self-Control Through Choices: Manoranjan Sahoo advises us to take control of ourselves by making conscious choices. You can decide when and what to do by saying “not now” or “not today.”
26. “Whoever is able to make you angry can control you.” – Lamine Pearlheart
Avoiding Anger Means Maintaining Control: Lamine Pearlheart warns that if someone can make you angry, they can control you. Avoiding anger is a way to maintain control over your own emotions.
26. “I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.” – Isoroku Yamamoto
27. “To realize that you are not your thoughts is when you begin to awaken spiritually.” – Eckhart Tolle
Spiritual Awakening through Thought Awareness: Eckhart Tolle suggests that realizing you’re not your thoughts is the beginning of spiritual awakening. It’s like stepping back from the stream of thoughts to see them from a different perspective.
28. “Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us.” – Steven Tyler
Sorrow as an Awakening: Steven Tyler’s quote indicates that sometimes, experiencing sorrow can awaken us to new insights and perspectives. It’s like a tough experience leading to personal growth and understanding.
I hope you liked the above Awaken Quotes to improve your self-awareness.
You may also like the motivational articles mentioned below:
- 8 tips to improve your self-awareness
- 10 teachings from Chanakya to control yourself
- Quotes to understand the importance of self-awareness
- Self-Worth Quotes
All quotes are collected from Goodreads.